Does anyone drink 8 glasses of water a day?

I drink about 2 liters of water every day. 67 oz? If some days I don't really feel like it I can put in a few drops of lemon or use the soda stream (carbonated) just to make it more tasty. But if you feel bloated I wonder if you're just not urinating as often as you should.
If you're bloated from drinking water, it's probably because your stomach and gut is full of food. On an empty stomach water passes very quickly to your bladder.

8oz=1 cup
8x8 = 64 oz = two quarts = half gallon = 5.3 12oz cans

yea it's easy to drink 64oz of fluid per day

If you're bloated from drinking water, it's probably because your stomach and gut is full of food. On an empty stomach water passes very quickly to your bladder.
I'm not convinced of that. I have a problem with liquid finding its way into one lung and my heart. I take fluid propellant tablets (not sure of the English name for it) daily.

Honestly, most of us probably drink enough water.

Lots perhaps could stand to drink more, but it’s not some widespread health deficiency it’s made out to be.

I think it’s dragged out over and over because it’s viewed as an easy lifestyle change that takes no effort.

Never mind that the only way to change your body and health is through hard work and discipline.

No need to exercise or diet, just “drink more water” and you’ll be fit and healthy…

Lots perhaps could stand to drink more, but it’s not some widespread health deficiency it’s made out to be.

I think it’s dragged out over and over because it’s viewed as an easy lifestyle change that takes no effort.

Never mind that the only way to change your body and health is through hard work and discipline.

No need to exercise or diet, just “drink more water” and you’ll be fit and healthy…
It's a consumerist ploy to get people to buy $30 water bottles and bottled water by the gallon.

It's a consumerist ploy to get people to buy $30 water bottles and bottled water by the gallon.
You don't have running water at home? Where do you live ..... at the top of a refuse heap?

I’m not sure about that. Coffee is dehydrating, as is soda.

By water, they mean pure water, lemonaide, herbal tea, etc.

(Source: instructions after kidney stone.)
Sources:

Many, many more resources out there that back the claim.

Then why is a patient with a kidney stone told to avoid drinks like coffee and soda? If it were a net gain, they’d say to drink them - along with more water.
Because if you’re drinking a lot of coffee and soda, you’re very likely not drinking much plain water along with it

Caffeine can act as a diuretic

Forum List

Back