Does anyone actually think that Donald Trump would make a good President?

There's been a lot of Trump support recently on the boards, but it's almost always been couched in anti-liberal rhetoric - along the lines of "I like Trump because he makes liberals upset". I have yet to see anyone put there cards on the table and publicly state that they think he would be a good President.

So here we go. Let's here some positive things about Donald Trump from the resident supporters.

What qualities does Donald Trump have that would make him a good President?
Funny, I remember the same question being asked about Obama back in 2008. No one had an answer other than "he's black and you must be a racist to ask that question".

So here's your chance to be better than those people you "remember" from 7 years ago.

Do you have an answer?
Well, for starters he cares more about Americans and our allies than he does our enemies (something we can't say about our current potus).

There's been a lot of Trump support recently on the boards, but it's almost always been couched in anti-liberal rhetoric - along the lines of "I like Trump because he makes liberals upset". I have yet to see anyone put there cards on the table and publicly state that they think he would be a good President.

So here we go. Let's here some positive things about Donald Trump from the resident supporters.

I am still waiting for a definitive answer from the Capitalist faction on how their side is going to earn a bonus for the People, with a Commerce Clause and official Mint at their disposal.

Trump will take his candidacy as far as it will go as in the past - probably as good a President as their front runner J Bush.

isn't Trump pro choice ?

He's a mover and shaker and business savvy. He's obviously succeeded in business more often than he's failed.

BTW- some undocumented immigrants ARE rapists and criminals.

Just sayin'...

Uh no ... Its just that daddy left him piles and piles of money - enough that he can afford several more bankruptcies. Remember too that he cheats in business and he's sue-happy. Definitely not a good businessman.

Skylar is right - he knows what chunks of red meat to toss out to get a reaction. He's really just an enormous ego flopping around with really stupid hair and so far, he hasn't said anything of any real consequence.

The debate will be fun because he won't answer questions. He'll do his usual bob and weave, interrupting and expecting to be treated like the royalty he thinks he is.
Fucking Muttley is JEALOUS of The Donalds money....did you ever mention John Kerry millions for fucking the Heinz heir? Unfortunately for the NeoCommies, Trump tells the truth, and in a way that most people understand, not lawyer talk!

I'ts an eternity till the election. If Trump is on top of the Republicans in 16 months he might possibly stick around. However, I predict he will pack it in and throw his support behind a younger candidate.

Trump will take his candidacy as far as it will go as in the past - probably as good a President as their front runner J Bush.

isn't Trump pro choice ?

I am now pro-life; after years of being pro-choice Donald Trump shocked attendees at the conservative CPAC conference in February when he declared himself pro-life after years of supporting the pro-abortion position. Several months ago, when questioned about his position, Trump responded by saying the public "would be surprised" by his stance and, in an interview with Laura Ingraham from Fox News leading up to the conference, Trump characterized himself as "pro-life" and he repeated that apparent reversal when he told the audience at CPAC, "I am pro-life" and pledged to fight for the reversal of ObamaCare, which contains abortion funding loopholes.

When you look at the balance sheets, you see that he's a lot better at branding himself than he is at actually running businesses.

Why would you say that? His net worth should contradict everything about that statement.

"Net worth" is not an indicator of successful businessman.

Luck plays a big part of "net worth".

The front runner before Iowa is seldom if ever the pick. What Trump DOES do however is take hot button items normally ignored and make them VERY public. Immigration is not a no touch subject anymore BECAUSE he brought it up. The dynamics of this election have changed because of it. People HAVE to take stands now and America is once again truly watching politics.

And THAT is what truly needs to happen.

In terms of the illegal alien invasion, what has he said that is not true? The fact that he delineates a problem in language the rest of the field is afraid to use due to media pressure is a plus in my book.

My father who doesn't like trump agrees with him on illegal immigration. People like trumps bluntness and how he's got balls when most politicians practice political correctness. Same reason Chris Christy is popular. But trumps not electable. He's just the first of all the GOP candidates taking his turn front stage. Think of this like a beauty contest and its trumps turn to walk the catwalk?. You like how he does the turn at the end of the runway? Last time around it was Rick Perry Michelle bachman and Herman Cain who went first.

He's a mover and shaker and business savvy. He's obviously succeeded in business more often than he's failed.

Once more. As he's seen bankruptcy 4 times. But hey, why would anyone bother to learn from their mistakes when they can just repeat them 4 times and counting.

Trump is clearly the candidate the GOP deserves.

Trump went bankrupt because he could not print his own money.

Therefore, the job naturally beckons him.

Where o' where have all of the Good Capitalists gone in modern times.
They went international. They no longer care about America. They're over in china India and mexico where wages are low. Their money is offshore too.

Meanwhile they rely on our military to keep them safe yet they don't want to pay taxes?

Just sayin'...

When you look at the balance sheets, you see that he's a lot better at branding himself than he is at actually running businesses.

But even so, there are a lot of more successful businessmen in the world than Donald Trump. Is that a qualification for President? Mitt Romney was a successful businessman, too.

Not at all. Business and government work for opposite masters.

Funny, I remember the same question being asked about Obama back in 2008. No one had an answer other than "he's black and you must be a racist to ask that question".
Well, THAT's a bold-faced lie. :rofl:

In terms of the illegal alien invasion, what has he said that is not true? The fact that he delineates a problem in language the rest of the field is afraid to use due to media pressure is a plus in my book.

It's not true that Mexico is "sending us rapists".

How does that make him qualified to be President, either way?

Once more. As he's seen bankruptcy 4 times. But hey, why would anyone bother to learn from their mistakes when they can just repeat them 4 times and counting.

You tempestuous whore! :slap:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. No guts, no glory. Fall down, stay down, or get back up. No risk, no reward.

This isn't an endorsement of The Donald, it's commentary on the Liberal approach to the White House. :beer:

To run a country such as ours, it takes business savvy not color sex or oratory.

Just sayin'...

But even so, there are a lot of more successful businessmen in the world than Donald Trump. Is that a qualification for President? Mitt Romney was a successful businessman, too.

Not at all. Business and government work for opposite masters.

Not opposite. It's not that simple.

But not the same masters, certainly.

You tempestuous whore! :slap:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. No guts, no glory. Fall down, stay down, or get back up. No risk, no reward.

And why bother learning from your failures. If you make a mistake...why not make it 4 more times?

That's what the GOP wants in a presidential candidate. Someone who will pick a path and follow it no matter the consequence, learning absolutely nothing from any failure.

Trump is definitely your man. You should totally nominate that guy.

Forum List

Back