Doctors Quitting - Wonderful

I'm sure even the dumbest rw's know this bogus story has been debunked as the pubpot lie that it is, but that doesn't stop them from telling and retelling it over and over again.

**yawn**

My 71 year young, auntie, tells me her doctor, who was reared and educated in Canada, has told her Obama wants medical clinicians to become "Physician Assistants" instead of physicians...

That makes no sense.

The reality is that many PCPs have elected to only do outpatient medicine. In doing so, many of those physicians have let their skills and certification for minor surgical procedures and other "doctor only" skill sets lapse. Even something as simple as a central line is something that some doctors refuse to do and many PCPs refuse to deal with high acuity patients.

For the physicians who can wear that shoe, what remains is pill-rolling and outpatient clinical medicine. There is nothing wrong with that, but the reality is that the job they are doing is something that can, and is, done by physicians assistants and nurse practitioners.

And it's hardly a new phenomenon.

That's not the fault of the government. It's the fault of the doctor who has opted not to maintain the skills that set him apart from mid-level practitioners.

the Poll was done by a group that was less than a year in the making who formed because they were against Obamacare, they had a very low response and they never asked if the Doctors considered quitting due to obamacare...so sadly, this has to be chalked up as another lie from the right wing. Regardless of what you think, FACT CHECKING is your friend, not your enemy guys and gals....

Read the whole article Here: PolitiFact | GOP lawmaker Jeff Duncan repeats survey finding that 83 percent of doctors are considering quitting due to Obamacare

and the summary is below....

Our ruling

Duncan said "83% of doctors have considered leaving the profession because of #Obamacare." But that's an inaccurate description of the foundation’s poll.

The poll did not specifically ask about the federal health care law and was meant to measure concerns about a wide range of changes in health care. Also, it's worth noting that the poll had a small return rate and the group that conducted it is opposed to the law. We rate the claim False.

the Poll was done by a group that was less than a year in the making who formed because they were against Obamacare, they had a very low response and they never asked if the Doctors considered quitting due to obamacare...so sadly, this has to be chalked up as another lie from the right wing. Regardless of what you think, FACT CHECKING is your friend, not your enemy guys and gals....

Read the whole article Here: PolitiFact | GOP lawmaker Jeff Duncan repeats survey finding that 83 percent of doctors are considering quitting due to Obamacare

Our ruling

Duncan said "83% of doctors have considered leaving the profession because of #Obamacare." But that's an inaccurate description of the foundation’s poll.

The poll did not specifically ask about the federal health care law and was meant to measure concerns about a wide range of changes in health care. Also, it's worth noting that the poll had a small return rate and the group that conducted it is opposed to the law. We rate the claim False.

FACTS??

How DAST you bring FACTS into a discussion that depends on wild eyed speculation and half baked lies.

Our ruling

The whole methodology behind that poll was hilarious. They selected for the results they wanted and tried to pass it off as a legit survey.

Yiou could tell the poll was hopelessly skewed when they recruited respondants by fax, which means that the overwhelming number of participants were small and solo outpatient practitioners. Thus, only about 11% of physicians polled were "hospital based".

It's the kind of laughable statistical shenanigans that people who read scientific papers shred and mock. I don't know who the hell they were trying to fool.

Oh yeah.... The gullible American public.

Our ruling

The whole methodology behind that poll was hilarious. They selected for the results they wanted and tried to pass it off as a legit survey.

Yiou could tell the poll was hopelessly skewed when they recruited respondants by fax, which means that the overwhelming number of participants were small and solo outpatient practitioners. Thus, only about 11% of physicians polled were "hospital based".

It's the kind of laughable statistical shenanigans that people who read scientific papers shred and mock. I don't know who the hell they were trying to fool.

Oh yeah.... The gullible American public.

Ahh SHIT!

I just spent the past 12 hours filling our applications for MEDICAL SCHOOL. I figured that since the supply of medical doctors was about to drop 83%, they would be in high demand. Are you telling me all that effort was wasted?

Have all those Doctors quit yet? Papa needs him some job security.............
You will always live well and be respected, admired, and considered a prize catch by women. And as long as you avoid being infected by greed you have a clear shot at a happy and satisfied life.

I envy you.

You know if the ACA does well and people like it the right have immortalized Obama for all time by calling it Obamacare :)

You know if the ACA does well and people like it the right have immortalized Obama for all time by calling it Obamacare :)

If it continues on it's present course to absolute disaster it will be called obamacare too.

99% of America with health insurance.

Now that's a disaster.

Only if they get care. obamacare guarantees coverage, not treatment, and not care either. In fact, what we are getting so far is government study after government study saying that care doesn't help. Mammograms are being limited. So are prostate exams. Chemotreatment for cancer doesn't work and the medications that treat cancer are being taken off the market.

Not one lib has ever explained why they think that under obamacare they will actually get care when obama himself said it wouldn't happen.

Have all those Doctors quit yet? Papa needs him some job security.............
You will always live well and be respected, admired, and considered a prize catch by women. And as long as you avoid being infected by greed you have a clear shot at a happy and satisfied life.

I envy you.

I am not worried, and I never was.

In strictly economic terms, I am on the supply side of a profession that's demand exceeds all imagination.

If it continues on it's present course to absolute disaster it will be called obamacare too.

99% of America with health insurance.

Now that's a disaster.

Only if they get care. obamacare guarantees coverage, not treatment, and not care either. In fact, what we are getting so far is government study after government study saying that care doesn't help. Mammograms are being limited. So are prostate exams. Chemotreatment for cancer doesn't work and the medications that treat cancer are being taken off the market.

Not one lib has ever explained why they think that under obamacare they will actually get care when obama himself said it wouldn't happen.

Prostate exams are being limited? Gotta tell ya', sticking a finger up someone's keester isn't a high cost endeavor.

The mammogram position change fare predates "Obamacare" too. I have no idea what you are talking about with chemo drugs.

Forum List

Back