Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

Indeed.

It's a slippery slope to demand that a doctor be obligated to provide care no matter what conditions the government puts in place. I doubt any of us would wish our careers to be so affected.

Certain professions are supposed to be above things like politics, race, etc. If a person is unable to pay for the care, that is a different matter. But doctors are like EMT's, police, emergency service personel. They can't decide the won't treat Republicans, or blacks, or Catholics just because they don't like them.

You know.....that makes me think about the racist behavior of the South in the 50's and 60's. If you were black you couldn't eat at a whites only diner.

Because you voted for Obama (a black guy), you can't get urology treatment from this doctor (a white guy).

Dude is a bigoted prick, what's to really figure out?

He should also quit practicing if he's gonna act like an ass.

Certain professions are supposed to be above things like politics, race, etc. If a person is unable to pay for the care, that is a different matter. But doctors are like EMT's, police, emergency service personel. They can't decide the won't treat Republicans, or blacks, or Catholics just because they don't like them.

They aren't slaves. If doctors are to be held to that standard - then we as a society have an equal responsibility not to abuse them.

Clearly, this doctor doesn't feel that society is living up to that end of the bargain.

drop dead America. That sounds like the Democrat motto for all of their legislation in the last century. The only bipartisanship we have seen has been to vote against Obama.

They aren't slaves.

Who said ANYTHING about slaves? How is this even REMOTELY like slavery? :eusa_eh:

If doctors are to be held to that standard - then we as a society have an equal responsibility not to abuse them.

Absolutely. But there is no evidence abuse is occurring.

A doctor doesn't HAVE to take insurance - any insurance, private or government. They can opt to be cash only.

He has a right to limit how many patients he sees and whether he desires to take new ones.

Once you start deciding to limit patients based on politics, race, gender (other than specialization), religion, ethnicity....or simply because they look at you funny...then you need to reconsider your profession and what it means to you.

Can EMT's make those kinds of distinctions? Ambulance whizzes up to a house with an "Miss Me Yet' Bush sign and the EMT says - forget it, he voted against healthcare reform....they'll have to send another ambulance?

Clearly, this doctor doesn't feel that society is living up to that end of the bargain.[/QUOTE]

They aren't slaves. If doctors are to be held to that standard - then we as a society have an equal responsibility not to abuse them.

Clearly, this doctor doesn't feel that society is living up to that end of the bargain.

That's fine and well, but why sanction him taking this out on his very own patients through his nasty note to them?

Who said ANYTHING about slaves? How is this even REMOTELY like slavery? :eusa_eh:

It's a matter of degree. If the government dictates virtually every aspect of a professional's life (as will be the case with ObamaCare), that would certainly not feel "free".

A doctor doesn't HAVE to take insurance - any insurance, private or government. They can opt to be cash only.

He has a right to limit how many patients he sees and whether he desires to take new ones.

Once you start deciding to limit patients based on politics, race, gender (other than specialization), religion, ethnicity....or simply because they look at you funny...then you need to reconsider your profession and what it means to you.

Can EMT's make those kinds of distinctions? Ambulance whizzes up to a house with an "Miss Me Yet' Bush sign and the EMT says - forget it, he voted against healthcare reform....they'll have to send another ambulance?

And that's the point of difference. Many Americans have concluded that ObamaCare does cross the line. Doctors (along with Insurance Companies, Drug Companies, Medical Device Manufacturers) have been demonized and vilified - with the result being a legislative mess that will micro-manage them. If I were a doctor, I would feel that the social contract had been violated.

We'll have to see. Recent polls show as much as 45% of doctors considering early retirement because they don't like what they've seen so far about the bill.

The doctor did not refuse to care for anyone in an emergency situation - so the EMT and ambulance comparisons are fallacious.

Last edited:
The sign was directed towards his EXISTING PATIENTS....there is a protocol to stop seeing an existing patient.....and their health care COMES FIRST for the treating physician so NO, you are not correct on that Boe....and thank God you are not! Physicians SHOULD MEET a certain level of ethical behavior, their professions calls upon it...if they don't accept such, then do NOT become a physician.

You may think it was rude of the doctor to direct this message to his existing patients as well as prospective new patients, but as long as competent care was available to them from other urologists in the area, their health care was not jeopardized and there was nothing unethical about his sign.

Get a grip. Not everything you disapprove of has to be illegal, unethical or immoral.

It was unethical, it broke his physician's code of ethics....in more than one manner. I can not help that you guys could care less about that and want to make this in to some kind of HCR issue....to me, this is your own problem that you have to deal with...this is about yourselves and how far you are willing to end your own ethical stances in order to support a political position....

This sign was insulting and demeaning and intimidating and downright nasty, to some of his very own patients, that he is suppose to care for...and not just in a physical manner....he essentially spat on them at his door, and sure....if they made it inside, he wiped off his spit when they entered his office, but you know what...you and others can try to fool yourselves all you want in to believing that is not unethical, as long as he saw them in his office then as i said before...go for it but you ain't fooling me in to believing what he did was not unethical...because it was....end of story, UNETHICAL and does NOT meet his Physicians code of ethics.

I do not support this health care bill,

but I also do not support this kind of unethical behavior and verbal abuse from a licensed physician towards his very own patients...he gives good physicians a bad name...I don't see his fellow brother physicians doing what he did across america, they KNOW it would have broken their code of ethics....he didn't.

care

Again, you are confusing etiquette with ethics and emotion with reason. This sign violated no law or ethical stricture. The fact that you have strong feelings about this sign does not mean it was illegal, unethical or immoral to put it up. As long as competent care from other urologists in the area was available, the most you can reasonably say is that in your opinion it was rude of the doctor to put it up.

Last edited:
The sign was directed towards his EXISTING PATIENTS....there is a protocol to stop seeing an existing patient.....and their health care COMES FIRST for the treating physician so NO, you are not correct on that Boe....and thank God you are not! Physicians SHOULD MEET a certain level of ethical behavior, their professions calls upon it...if they don't accept such, then do NOT become a physician.

You may think it was rude of the doctor to direct this message to his existing patients as well as prospective new patients, but as long as competent care was available to them from other urologists in the area, their health care was not jeopardized and there was nothing unethical about his sign.

Get a grip. Not everything you disapprove of has to be illegal, unethical or immoral.

It was unethical, it broke his physician's code of ethics....in more than one manner. I can not help that you guys could care less about that and want to make this in to some kind of HCR issue....to me, this is your own problem that you have to deal with...this is about yourselves and how far you are willing to end your own ethical stances in order to support a political position....

This sign was insulting and demeaning and intimidating and downright nasty, to some of his very own patients, that he is suppose to care for...and not just in a physical manner....he essentially spat on them at his door, and sure....if they made it inside, he wiped off his spit when they entered his office, but you know what...you and others can try to fool yourselves all you want in to believing that is not unethical, as long as he saw them in his office then as i said before...go for it but you ain't fooling me in to believing what he did was not unethical...because it was....end of story, UNETHICAL and does NOT meet his Physicians code of ethics.

but I also do not support this kind of unethical behavior and verbal abuse from a licensed physician towards his very own patients...he gives good physicians a bad name...I don't see his fellow brother physicians doing what he did across america, they KNOW it would have broken their code of ethics....he didn't.

care

"It was unethical, it broke his physician's code of ethics." He is not up on charges is he. Provide a link that Florida has begun ethics violations against him. Your emotions that ran away with your judgement over the law to begin with, has returned to blind you once again.

care

"It was unethical, it broke his physician's code of ethics." He is not up on charges is he. Provide a link that Florida has begun ethics violations against him. Your emotions that ran away with your judgement over the law to begin with, has returned to blind you once again.

Wait for it.. Grayson is working to that end.. You know Garyson? The Congressdick that said "Republicans want people to DIE QUICKLY"?

I love stories like this :)

I do too, since it shows what a bunch of assholes Republicons are.

Isn't it cool, too, how the guy pretty much admitted he doesn't even really know just what he's protesting against?

:lol::lol::lol:

From the OP's link:

In his waiting room, Cassell also has provided his patients with photocopies of a health-care timeline produced by Republican leaders that outlines "major provisions" in the health-care package. The doctor put a sign above the stack of copies that reads: "This is what the morons in Washington have done to your health care. Take one, read it and vote out anyone who voted for it."

I'd say he knows more than you do about what he is protesting about.

Isn't it cool, too, how the guy pretty much admitted he doesn't even really know just what he's protesting against?

From the OP's link:

In his waiting room, Cassell also has provided his patients with photocopies of a health-care timeline produced by Republican leaders that outlines "major provisions" in the health-care package. The doctor put a sign above the stack of copies that reads: "This is what the morons in Washington have done to your health care. Take one, read it and vote out anyone who voted for it."

I'd say he only knows what the Republicans have been telling him.

It's a matter of degree. If the government dictates virtually every aspect of a professional's life (as will be the case with ObamaCare), that would certainly not feel "free".

It's a matter of ridiculous degree. By your logic - any rule that inhibits behavior or forces compliance to a rule or societal norm is slavery.

In fact, there is no indication that the government "dictates virtually every aspect of a professional's life" or will do so, with the healthcare bill - that's gross hyperbole at best. Try again.

And that's the point of difference. Many Americans have concluded that ObamaCare does cross the line.

Who's "many"? How "many"? Crossed the line how?

Doctors (along with Insurance Companies, Drug Companies, Medical Device Manufacturers) have been demonized and vilified - with the result being a legislative mess that will micro-manage them. If I were a doctor, I would feel that the social contract had been violated.

Well that is strange. The bill contains many elements that were supported by the Republicans at one time, has managed to get and keep the support of insurance companies and the pharmaceutical industry. According to the NEJM, the majority of doctors support most of the elements in that bill. Can you provide any actual studies beyond the "testimonial" of a pissed off doctor or someone's personal experiences with doctors, which support your point?

We'll have to see. Recent polls show as much as 45% of doctors considering early retirement because they don't like what they've seen so far about the bill.

What polls?

The doctor did not refuse to care for anyone in an emergency situation - so the EMT and ambulance comparisons are fallacious.

Oh? Perhaps, to use your words - it's a "matter of degree".

care

Where have I spoken about the LAW or our government being involved in this?

Why is it that all you got is to put words in my mouth?

Do you WANT the government to control this so that BREAKING THE ETHICAL CODE for physicians is ALSO breaking the LAW, that our government governs??

Do you not believe in SELF GOVERNANCE by the private sector for their own sector?

Because if you do believe the private sector can govern and should govern themselves regarding their sector's ethics, then you can't come in and say these ethics don't mattern because they are not LAW....that is being hypocritical and defeats the purpose of self governance.,,,can you understand that?

so these oaths and ethical codes ARE IMPORTANT, so that we do not have to have our government, govern them, down to the nitty gritty.

care

Do you WANT the government to control this so that BREAKING THE ETHICAL CODE for physicians is ALSO breaking the LAW, that our government governs??

Do you not believe in SELF GOVERNANCE by the private sector for their own sector?

Because if you do believe the private sector can govern and should govern themselves regarding their sector's ethics, then you can't come in and say these ethics don't mattern because they are not LAW....that is being hypocritical and defeats the purpose of self governance.,,,can you understand that?

so these oaths and ethical codes ARE IMPORTANT, so that we do not have to have our government, govern them, down to the nitty gritty.

A little dodging never helped a point. So, you admit he hasn't broken a law. Good start. Now, you need to recognize that Florida has a medical ethics board too. No pending review there either. You need to com to grips with your real issue here. That appears to be that you don't think doctors should be allowed to express an opinion.

From the OP's link:

Cassell: Hospice cuts in 2012…Does the government want people to die slowly?
Colmes: Do you really think the government wants people dead?
Cassell: Well I think that they’re cutting all supportive care, like nursing homes, ambulance services…
Colmes: What to you mean they’re cutting nursing homes?
Cassell: They’re cutting nursing home reimbursements
Colmes: Isn’t what they’re cutting under the Medicare plan what was really double dipping; they were getting credits and they were getting to deduct them at the same time.
Cassell: Well you know, I can’t tell you exactly what the deal is.
Colmes: If you can’t tell us exactly what the deal is, why are you opposing it and fighting against it?
Cassell: I’m not the guy who wrote the plan.
Colmes: But if you don’t know what the deal is why are you speaking out against something you don’t know what the deal is?
Cassell: What I get online, just like any other American. What I’m supposed to understand about the bill should be available to me.
Colmes: It is; it’s been online for a long time; it’s also been all over the media…

Doctor Against Treating Obama Supporters Admits Not Knowing What’s In Health Reform Bill Alan Colmes' Liberaland

A little dodging never helped a point. So, you admit he hasn't broken a law. Good start. Now, you need to recognize that Florida has a medical ethics board too. No pending review there either. You need to com to grips with your real issue here. That appears to be that you don't think doctors should be allowed to express an opinion.

I do not think Physicians should express their political views at their office IN THE MANNER THAT THIS DOC DID, involving his very own patients personal care....I do not believe, as the Physician's code STATES that physicians should EVER let politics interphere with his patients, or at his office where his patients are FORCED to hear his view, when they ONLY WANT TO SEE THE DOCTOR that THEY ARE PAYING, for their Medical care.

This doctor, after his working hours and care for his patients, can go off and join any group, can have the group meet in his own doctor's office, can plastered his office with signs saying the government should all be voted out, or anything he pleases....

But it is unethical for him to bring those personal and free speech rights, in to his physician practice and among his patients.

THAT is what the physician's code translates to....and he broke this oath imo...

Whether he gets charged or does not get charged with a crime in the state, is not my issue....

He will do himself in, all on his own....if he hasn't aready...I'm fairly confident of that....15 minutes of fame is just that, 15 minutes.

If his fellow doctors who follow the code are disgusted with his sign to his own patients, then they will no longer reference patients to him....

those on both sides of the aisle that were appalled at his sign when they came in for their appointments, will find another doc...., and those that walked away after reading the sign or hearing about it, that had to find their own REPLACEMENT CARE without him assisting them, and become sicker because of the delay in treatment, will SUE HIM for malpractice and breaking his code will be used against him, as the ethical code they take is always used in malpractice suits.....

There is much that can happen to him....may he get, what he deserves, for treating his patients in such an unethical, nasty, manner.

I do not think Physicians should express their political views at their office IN THE MANNER THAT THIS DOC DID, involving his very own patients personal care....I do not believe, as the Physician's code STATES that physicians should EVER let politics interphere with his patients, or at his office where his patients are FORCED to hear his view, when they ONLY WANT TO SEE THE DOCTOR that THEY ARE PAYING, for their Medical care.

This doctor, after his working hours and care for his patients, can go off and join any group, can have the group meet in his own doctor's office, can plastered his office with signs saying the government should all be voted out, or anything he pleases....

But it is unethical for him to bring those personal and free speech rights, in to his physician practice and among his patients.

THAT is what the physician's code translates to....and he broke this oath imo...

Whether he gets charged or does not get charged with a crime in the state, is not my issue....

He will do himself in, all on his own....if he hasn't aready...I'm fairly confident of that....15 minutes of fame is just that, 15 minutes.

If his fellow doctors who follow the code are disgusted with his sign to his own patients, then they will no longer reference patients to him....

those on both sides of the aisle that were appalled at his sign when they came in for their appointments, will find another doc...., and those that walked away after reading the sign or hearing about it, that had to find their own REPLACEMENT CARE without him assisting them, and become sicker because of the delay in treatment, will SUE HIM for malpractice and breaking his code will be used against him, as the ethical code they take is always used in malpractice suits.....blah deeee fucking blah.

There is much that can happen to him....may he get, what he deserves, for treating his patients in such an unethical, nasty, manner.
and we see you creaming your drawers wanting harm to come to the doctor cause he dared say something you don't like.. yet,, you applaud the asswipe democrats and all their glorified unethical behavior booo fucking hoooo I thiought this was a marathon yesterday??? :eek:

Hey! Care4None. you need to fucking get over it, you applaud the party that stole 960 Billion dollars from elder care and ya wanna whine about one pissed off doctor.. Care4None is onna roll.

those on both sides of the aisle that were appalled at his sign when they came in for their appointments, will find another doc...., and those that walked away after reading the sign or hearing about it, that had to find their own REPLACEMENT CARE without him assisting them, and become sicker because of the delay in treatment, will SUE HIM for malpractice and breaking his code will be used against him, as the ethical code they take is always used in malpractice suits.....

There is so much wrong with this where to begin.

Who the hell are you to decide what the ethics should be?

What the hell is the CODE? If you refer to the oath, explain the abortion section and why the left ignores that portion.

Forum List

Back