Do you trust your mother?

The mother in question here is my sister Kim Gonzalez. Jason Gonzalez is my nephew and Lance Goebel (the uncle Jason murdered) is my brother. First off information in this article is incorrect, I've spoke with the writer who's promised to contact me before any other articles are printed. Kim (mother) was in no way acting as an agent of the police, Jason asked to speak with her. That is the only reason she was able to see him. Much of this info comes from the 3rd attorney on the defense. She is a traffic lawyer assigned to assist with this case because most of the talent is working 3 higher profile cases including Drew Peterson. She has stated that "I will make a name for myself off of this case". She's a traffic lawyer on a power trip, do the research & you will see how unprofessional she is in court and how often the judge has to scold her for improper questioning even having to stop court several times.
The defense is at a point in the proceedings currently fighting to have this evidence removed, I guerss she figured lying to the press would help.

His mother went in there knowing the room was equipped with recording devices, and wrote a letter urging her son to confess. Which facts is the attorney lying about? Does it make her an agent of the police? I think it does, even if that was not her intent. Does it make the confession inadmissible? It might.

Can we all say Miranda Violation?

The suspect invoked (asked for a lawyer prior to talking to the police) SIX TIMES. What do the cops do? Ignore that and trick a confession out of him by using his mother. Not good.
First thing I latched onto as well. Something smells incorrect in this story. I don't think all the facts are there or that all the ones presented are true...

I am the sister of the deceased and the aunt of the accused. My brother posted on here prior trying to say my sister had nothing to do with trying to set up my nephew and she did. She told me herself. She abused my nephew his entire life going as far as feeding him his own feces as a baby. She wanted him gone and now she has it. My brother that posted on here went out with a gun in the woods to shoot my nephew before the police picked him knowing nothing of the facts in the case. Yes, my family is crazy and that is why I do not speak with any of them anymore. Jason is a really good kid...he's a sweetheart. I believe in his innocence.

I am the sister of the deceased and the aunt of the accused. My brother posted on here prior trying to say my sister had nothing to do with trying to set up my nephew and she did. She told me herself. She abused my nephew his entire life going as far as feeding him his own feces as a baby. She wanted him gone and now she has it. My brother that posted on here went out with a gun in the woods to shoot my nephew before the police picked him knowing nothing of the facts in the case. Yes, my family is crazy and that is why I do not speak with any of them anymore. Jason is a really good kid...he's a sweetheart. I believe in his innocence.

you joking ..right?

you joking ..right?
some sort of bot....another 1 post user claims the same thing in this thread....another bot, imo.

Last edited:
This has turned into a bizarre thread.

The whole story has holes. The article states the attorney said the kid asked for a lawyer, at that point, they needed to get him a lawyer. Speaking with law enforcement and then talking with her kid to get a confession could be seen as acting as an agent for law enforcement.

For those that claim to be aunt, uncle, brother and sister, I feel for your loss and situation.

threadnecromancyjk7.jpg%3Fw%3D500%26h%3D375

Maybe you shouldn't if you are in a police station.

On the run for five days in 2009 after allegedly murdering his uncle in New Lenox Township, Ill., Jason Gonzalez was found by Joliet police asleep in his mother's car when he turned on his cellphone for the first time since the slaying. Gonzalez declined to talk to Will County sheriff's detectives, asking six times for a lawyer, according to his attorneys. So police turned to what in some murder cases is one of the most powerful levers at their disposal - the suspect's mother.
Kimberly Gonzalez was brought into the Joliet interview room, outfitted with video and audio recording equipment, where her son was being questioned. He told her he fatally shot his uncle - her brother Lance Goebel, 48 - then repeated his confession to Will County detectives who handed him a letter from his mother urging him to talk.

Cops turn to moms to get murder suspects to talk - KansasCity.com

My mothers were very loving, protective and defensive. I would have no reason not to trust any of my moms. I love my moms.

Last edited:
I trust my mother, she also taught me to respect my uncles etc.. Therefore I would never kill my uncle.
When I did get arrested I knew not to call her until I was released. She always told us if we were stupid enough to get arrested we could spend that time thinking about how stupid we were.

All right, everyone . . . .

M is for the Many things she gave me,
O means only that she's growing Old,
T is for the Tears she shed to SAAAVE me,
H is for her Heart of purest gold.
E if for her Eyes with lovelight shining,
R means Right and Right she'll always be.

Put them all together they spell MOTHER,
A word that means the world to me . . .

Now, having gotten that out of the way - if this is truly what happened here, and if all the cops have is a confession with nothing else, they can kiss their case goodbye, because this type of bull shit would be thrown out by even a conservative court.

The suspect invoked (asked for a lawyer prior to talking to the police) SIX TIMES. What do the cops do? Ignore that and trick a confession out of him by using his mother. Not good.

I'm not too sure about the Miranda Violation on this one.

The limited information I have is that the son was being interviewed, but had not yet been arrested. Laws evolve all the time; however, the last time I checked a person is not entitled to Miranda rights until he is taken into custody (detained) by the police. If the son was free to go at that point, he had no right to an attorney even if he had requested one prior to the interview. Whether he was in fact free to go will be an issue for appeal. It is not necessary that the police use the words “you're under arrest” to constitute a detention which would trigger Miranda Rights. If the police gave the son a reasonable impression that he was NOT free to go, he was entitled to an attorney even if he had not previously requested one. If the police said anything to indicate that he could not leave until after he gave a statement and they did not provide an attorney, the prosecution's entire case collapses.

The fact his mother may have been wired means nothing since police routinely the suspect's family and friends to get incriminating information on tape. If the mother had recorded her son AFTER he had been detained the tape could not be used; nor could any information discovered as a result of the tape be used against the son. However, anything taped prior to the son's detention would be admissible. Here is the first link I came to, but other links should have the same information.

Miranda Rights Questions and Answers

What I see as in interesting legal question is whether the police used the mother to convince the son that he had to remain in the interview room until he gave a statement.

This case in not cut and dried, for sure.

Hell no I don't trust my mom! She cheats at rummy!

Never trust a person who cheats at rummy.

All right, everyone . . . .

M is for the Many things she gave me,
O means only that she's growing Old,
T is for the Tears she shed to SAAAVE me,
H is for her Heart of purest gold.
E if for her Eyes with lovelight shining,
R means Right and Right she'll always be.

Put them all together they spell MOTHER,
A word that means the world to me . . .

Now, having gotten that out of the way - if this is truly what happened here, and if all the cops have is a confession with nothing else, they can kiss their case goodbye, because this type of bull shit would be thrown out by even a conservative court.

I'm not too sure about the Miranda Violation on this one.

The limited information I have is that the son was being interviewed, but had not yet been arrested. Laws evolve all the time; however, the last time I checked a person is not entitled to Miranda rights until he is taken into custody (detained) by the police. If the son was free to go at that point, he had no right to an attorney even if he had requested one prior to the interview. Whether he was in fact free to go will be an issue for appeal. It is not necessary that the police use the words “you're under arrest” to constitute a detention which would trigger Miranda Rights. If the police gave the son a reasonable impression that he was NOT free to go, he was entitled to an attorney even if he had not previously requested one. If the police said anything to indicate that he could not leave until after he gave a statement and they did not provide an attorney, the prosecution's entire case collapses.

The fact his mother may have been wired means nothing since police routinely the suspect's family and friends to get incriminating information on tape. If the mother had recorded her son AFTER he had been detained the tape could not be used; nor could any information discovered as a result of the tape be used against the son. However, anything taped prior to the son's detention would be admissible. Here is the first link I came to, but other links should have the same information.

Miranda Rights Questions and Answers

What I see as in interesting legal question is whether the police used the mother to convince the son that he had to remain in the interview room until he gave a statement.

This case in not cut and dried, for sure.

I would like to see a lawyers comment on this because I suspect that you are incorrect about this. They were questioning him. If he did not have Miranda protections at that time then Miranda serves no actual purpose.

She was not equipped with any recording devices. Jason shot my brother 13 times. Yes jason is my nephew, his mother is my sister & my brother was murdered. The judge determined numerous times this evidence is admissable. No wrong doing. Author should have facts correct before posting disturbing questions.

I trusted my mother up until when my dad died. At 45 and with 7 kids aged 3 to 17 she went south in a hurry. With nothing but tens of thousand of dollars in debt staring her in the face, she headed straight to the bottle. And there I was. She kicked my 3 older brothers out of the house because she couldn't afford to feed them.

I found myself at 14 years of age the male head of household, now responsible for my 3 younger siblings. The ensuing 7 years were a fucking nightmare.

Then in 1973 Jews and Arabs fought such a nasty war.

Saved my family's ass.

God bless the Jews and their fizzy water!

Maybe you shouldn't if you are in a police station.

On the run for five days in 2009 after allegedly murdering his uncle in New Lenox Township, Ill., Jason Gonzalez was found by Joliet police asleep in his mother's car when he turned on his cellphone for the first time since the slaying. Gonzalez declined to talk to Will County sheriff's detectives, asking six times for a lawyer, according to his attorneys. So police turned to what in some murder cases is one of the most powerful levers at their disposal - the suspect's mother.
Kimberly Gonzalez was brought into the Joliet interview room, outfitted with video and audio recording equipment, where her son was being questioned. He told her he fatally shot his uncle - her brother Lance Goebel, 48 - then repeated his confession to Will County detectives who handed him a letter from his mother urging him to talk.

Cops turn to moms to get murder suspects to talk - KansasCity.com

I guess it would depend on WHY he killed his mother's brother. Was he being molested? Was the brother abusing him or the mother? Other siblings? If so...then I would protect my kid. But if my kid did this to my sister and she did nothing to deserver being murdered, then yes...I would assist in getting a confession from him. He would need to be responsible for his actions.

And in question to whether I trust my mother. HAYELL no. Besides, she is dead.

My Mom died in 1986. She was the best friend I've ever had. I trusted her totally. If I killed someone, even her own brother, she would figure I had a good reason and she would try to protect me from the freaking cops, not sell me out to them.

I remember what she always told me...she'd say, "I may not always like what you do, but I will ALWAYS LOVE YOU." Unconditional love, that's what she had for me. UNCONDITIONAL.

Sounds like I was lucky. It was really something to have someone in the world who loved you that much without expecting anything in return.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back