Do you think a T-Mobile & Sprint merger is bad for consumers?

T-Mobile is saying that they can use Sprints existing infrastructure to bring 5G speeds to consumers much faster with the merger. Not all mergers are a bad idea when there is still other competition.
And 5G benefits the consumer how?
4gb per second wireless speeds.
You mean 40 bucks per second?

Joking aside. 4G has an advantage over 3G because it is full speed instantly, which 3G is not. But the actual speed of both networks is way above the requirements of mobile Internet users. I would prefer better prices, not a new technology that keeps them up.
I pay 40 per month unlimited everythibg with jump on demand (switch to new phone for free anytime I want). Both are grandfathered plans no longer available. Each jump in speed has cost me exactly ZERO dollars

Also all of my additional lines cost 10 dollars a month.

STEAL of a deal compared to today's plans
Our first really unlimited flat is just weeks old and it costs 100 € per month. That´s too expensive. At least I can buy 5GB for 3 € whenever and how often I want and the plan isn´t affected.
Charter has raised my home speed three times since they merged with time Warner. I now get 300mbs for 67 bucks. I started at 100.

T-Mobile is saying that they can use Sprints existing infrastructure to bring 5G speeds to consumers much faster with the merger. Not all mergers are a bad idea when there is still other competition.

Joking aside. 4G has an advantage over 3G because it is full speed instantly, which 3G is not. But the actual speed of both networks is way above the requirements of mobile Internet users. I would prefer better prices, not a new technology that keeps them up.
I pay 40 per month unlimited everythibg with jump on demand (switch to new phone for free anytime I want). Both are grandfathered plans no longer available. Each jump in speed has cost me exactly ZERO dollars

Our first really unlimited flat is just weeks old and it costs 100 € per month. That´s too expensive. At least I can buy 5GB for 3 € whenever and how often I want and the plan isn´t affected.
Where the hell do you live? Middle of nowhere? That's insane pricing. T-Mobile has current plans at many price levels and unlimited on any phone is just 10 dollars a month extra.

You are getting ripped off

Should the government approve the merger? Why or why not?
Bad for consumer......You dont buy failing business unless you want to follow them down the toilet. More of these mergers need to be denied...its how we get left with few to no choices,,,see the airline industry

Charter has raised my home speed three times since they merged with time Warner. I now get 300mbs for 67 bucks. I started at 100.
You mean DSL now?

Where the hell do you live? Middle of nowhere? That's insane pricing. T-Mobile has current plans at many price levels and unlimited on any phone is just 10 dollars a month extra.

You are getting ripped off
In fact it is the homeland of T-Mobile and both examples are T-Mobile too. But I heard the Americans get ripped off even worse and a Google hot spot (!!) costs 10 USD/GB.

They should certainly approve it. Bring a third competitor into the fight between Verizon and AT&T.
Verizon and ATT had to dance to T-Mobiles tune....why do you think prices came down....because customers abandoned them in droves...Verizon ran commercials acknowledging their disregard for their former customers begging them to come back

They should certainly approve it. Bring a third competitor into the fight between Verizon and AT&T.
Verizon and ATT had to dance to T-Mobiles tune....why do you think prices came down....because customers abandoned them in droves...Verizon ran commercials acknowledging their disregard for their former customers begging them to come back
Only a little bit. AT&T and Verizon are lightyears better than Sprint or T-Mobile. Combine the 2, and there might finally be decent coverage from them and they can pose real competition.

Only a little bit. AT&T and Verizon are lightyears better than Sprint or T-Mobile. Combine the 2, and there might finally be decent coverage from them and they can pose real competition.
I have no coverage issues. Their service is great. I have tried them all over the years and imo T-Mobile is leaps & bounds better than all the others and their prices are way cheaper. Add to that they give you free Netflix, free MLB, and free shit every Tuesday on Tmobile Tuesday app. Everything from free lunches to movies to discounted hotel reservations.

NOBODY comes close to the customer service of T-Mobile

I was a Verizon customer....besides the commercials I received ton of mailings......T-Mobile is now my provider.
I was getting a 17% discount from them and they still were more expensive than competition....by a lot so I left

I have no coverage issues. Their service is great. I have tried them all over the years and imo T-Mobile is leaps & bounds better than all the others and their prices are way cheaper. Add to that they give you free Netflix, free MLB, and free shit every Tuesday on Tmobile Tuesday app. Everything from free lunches to movies to discounted hotel reservations.

NOBODY comes close to the customer service of T-Mobile
I switched to Sprint last year because I figured in the D.C. area their coverage should be just fine. It's trash and I can't wait to switch back to Verizon. Unless this merger improves everything and I get grandfathered in somehow.

I was a Verizon customer....besides the commercials I received ton of mailings......T-Mobile is now my provider.
I was getting a 17% discount from them and they still were more expensive than competition....by a lot so I left
Imagine how much better things will be when Sprint's infrastructure gets added to your coverage.

Imagine how much better things will be when Sprint's infrastructure gets added to your coverage.
I dont have any probs....

Forum List

Back