Do you think a T-Mobile & Sprint merger is bad for consumers?

Should the government approve the merger? Why or why not?

Any merger is bad for consumers. It goes again st everything true capitalism is supposed to be. Adam Smith laid this out very carefully in his book. A book that Paul Ryan needs to read.

• Banned

Any merger is bad for consumers. It goes again st everything true capitalism is supposed to be. Adam Smith laid this out very carefully in his book. A book that Paul Ryan needs to read.
T-Mobile is saying that they can use Sprints existing infrastructure to bring 5G speeds to consumers much faster with the merger. Not all mergers are a bad idea when there is still other competition.

T-Mobile is saying that they can use Sprints existing infrastructure to bring 5G speeds to consumers much faster with the merger. Not all mergers are a bad idea when there is still other competition.
And 5G benefits the consumer how?

• Banned

4gb per second wireless speeds.

I've been on 5G....sweet

Yeah? And how much is this going to cost? Which is the whole point of protecting consumers from mergers. The merger would mean only three major carriers in the country. That's not competition.

Apparently you need to read Adam Smith's book.

The Wealth of Nations - Wikipedia

For a group of people that preach capitalism on this site, you sure as hell don't seem to even understand what capitalism is. Let me give you a short summary of the book, since I am the only here that apparently has read it. The market is only free and fair when there are a thousand small companies, not two or three big ones. That is the essence of capitalism. Everything else is crony capitalism, and I don't want it no matter what wares they are selling. No real American should.

You mean 40 bucks per second?

Joking aside. 4G has an advantage over 3G because it is full speed instantly, which 3G is not. But the actual speed of both networks is way above the requirements of mobile Internet users. I would prefer better prices, not a new technology that keeps them up.

Well, not good if you believe that competion brings lower prices and ingenuity/ New better products.

Well, not good if you believe that competion brings lower prices and ingenuity/ New better products.

Google provides 750mbs speed in the cities it has set up in. No ISP is even close to that. Those customers are paying $70 a month for it. There are ISP's charging that for 25mbs. Verizon, has just started offering 750mbs internet in it's fios service because of google, and some cities are going to start offering these speeds to their own citizens, and cut out the ISP's all together. The merger by T mobile and Sprint is an obvious ploy to maintain the market share both have now through one conglomerate, to protect the current profit margin for their shareholders as long as possible.

Faster speed and NO sim cards needed. A lot of the world runs faster than us.

Aren´t most of the US contracts without a SIM card, anyway?

No, a majority of US machines still use them. Sim cards started to vanish with 4g. Speed is what we lack, The P.I. and Japan are much faster.

No, a majority of US machines still use them. Sim cards started to vanish with 4g. Speed is what we lack, The P.I. and Japan are much faster.
I am more concerned about prices. This is from 2015:

Mobilfunk-Datenvolumen-35-1432305002-0-0.jpg

As for SIM cards I think in Europe , multi-carrier sim cards will take over some day.

Joking aside. 4G has an advantage over 3G because it is full speed instantly, which 3G is not. But the actual speed of both networks is way above the requirements of mobile Internet users. I would prefer better prices, not a new technology that keeps them up.
I pay 40 per month unlimited everythibg with jump on demand (switch to new phone for free anytime I want). Both are grandfathered plans no longer available. Each jump in speed has cost me exactly ZERO dollars

Also all of my additional lines cost 10 dollars a month.

STEAL of a deal compared to today's plans

I pay 40 per month unlimited everythibg with jump on demand (switch to new phone for free anytime I want). Both are grandfathered plans no longer available. Each jump in speed has cost me exactly ZERO dollars

Also all of my additional lines cost 10 dollars a month.

STEAL of a deal compared to today's plans
Our first really unlimited flat is just weeks old and it costs 100 € per month. That´s too expensive. At least I can buy 5GB for 3 € whenever and how often I want and the plan isn´t affected.

Forum List

Back