Congress should be fired!

No they can’t impeach them. The people can vote them out of office.

Impeachment is a process legislatures use to remove judges or executive branch officials.

Congress or state legislatures can expel members, but for the people, they can fire them at the ballot box via elections
That is making sense. Some things are best left to their own states, because it would be quite tumultuous if congress-critters could impeach each other. I was wrong, and I appreciate your correction. I've never seen an American President punish his political enemies with minute-by-minute frequency before. Not ever.

I did a little extracurricular reading and found that you are correct here: https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/artII-S4-2/ALDE_00000689/ Which is a long read, so I'll just place the paragraph here:

Finally, congressional practice indicates that Members of Congress are not officers of the United States.21 In 1797, the House of Representatives voted to impeach Senator William Blount, the first impeachment in the history of the young Republic.22 Two years later, the Senate concluded that Senator Blount was not a civil officer subject to impeachment and voted to dismiss the articles because that body lacked jurisdiction over the matter.23 This determination has been accepted ever since by the House and the Senate, and since then, the House has never again voted to impeach a Member of Congress.24

Last edited:
No they can’t impeach them. The people can vote them out of office.

Impeachment is a process legislatures use to remove judges or executive branch officials.

Congress or state legislatures can expel members, but for the people, they can fire them at the ballot box via elections
Read above.

Congress works for the people, that's why the F.F. decided that they would serve two year term. If you don't trust congress it means that you don't trust the American people. The problem isn't congress but rather the media which hasn't been about news for the last half century, it's about propaganda and opinion and money and political agenda. If Americans aren't informed about important issues it's difficult to elect the right people to deal with the issues.

Congress works for the people, that's why the F.F. decided that they would serve two year term. If you don't trust congress it means that you don't trust the American people. The problem isn't congress but rather the media which hasn't been about news for the last half century, it's about propaganda and opinion and money and political agenda. If Americans aren't informed about important issues it's difficult to elect the right people to deal with the issues.
I think I need to point out that Congress includes the Senate who serve 6-year terms.

Forum List

Back