Do you still believe in justice?

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by forCB, Feb 21, 2011.

1. forCB

forCB Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently I found out that a 45-year old man from Pennsylvania named Carl Behr was forced to remove his 24-foot illuminated cross from his property! Can you believe that? To remove HIS cross from HIS property! That’s how the vaunted American justice is working, but is it really American? The court which forced Behr to remove the cross consists mainly of Muslims. Don’t believe me? Then go and make some inquiries about, it won’t take too much time. The removal is not only violating of Behr’s rights, but it’s a signal to all Americans that we are in danger! Of course Muslims were angry because Behr’s cross got them monkey up! They live in our country, but they hate us all! OK, this time they used law to suppress Behr, but can you be sure that the next morning a shahid won’t knock at your door just because you hung up the American flag? What will be next? They will tell us what to do and how to live or simply wipeout all of us? Why should we put up with it? People let’s deal with Muslims! It’s up to US!

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,156
    What is justice?

As this may be a bit abstract, consider the following link:

http://www.bu.edu/wcp/Papers/Anci/AnciBhan.htm

ABSTRACT: In his philosophy Plato gives a prominent place to the idea of justice. Plato was highly dissatisfied with the prevailing degenerating conditions in Athens. The Athenian democracy was on the verge of ruin and was ultimately responsible for Socrates's death. The amateur meddlesomeness and excessive individualism became main targets of Plato's attack. This attack came in the form of the construction of an ideal society in which justice reigned supreme, since Plato believed justice to be the remedy for curing these evils. After criticizing the conventional theories of justice presented differently by Cephalus, Polymarchus, Thrasymachus and Glaucon, Plato gives us his own theory of justice according to which, individually, justice is a 'human virtue' that makes a person self-consistent and good; socially, justice is a social consciousness that makes a society internally harmonious and good. According to Plato, justice is a sort of specialization.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  4. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    a 24' cross lit up at all times.

That's nuts and has nothing to do with faith. This is about being an ass to your neighbors. He has every right to have the cross and even have it lit, he does not have the right to interfere with his neighbors.

I found no mention of courts, or muslims.

Negged for making shit up.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    I like Plato's take. To me, Serving Justice is to Identify each revealed factor in a Matter, for relevance and weight, seeking to rectify each wrong with the correct measure, or as close to it as the Society will permit.

6. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
  7. Barb

Barb Carpe Scrotum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,586
  8. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,085
    The illuminated cross is a zoning issue. It has nothing to do with religion.

We are limited to the size of the illuminated sign for our business and can have no flashing lights etc. No big deal

9. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    Works for me.

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    It appears we have bipartisan agreement that Carl Behr is an ass and the OP is an idiot for trying to turn it into some anti-Muslim crap.

Nice to know that, sometimes, common sense shines brightly through the shit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2