Do you still believe in justice?

forCB

Rookie
Feb 21, 2011
Recently I found out that a 45-year old man from Pennsylvania named Carl Behr was forced to remove his 24-foot illuminated cross from his property! Can you believe that? To remove HIS cross from HIS property! That’s how the vaunted American justice is working, but is it really American? The court which forced Behr to remove the cross consists mainly of Muslims. Don’t believe me? Then go and make some inquiries about, it won’t take too much time. The removal is not only violating of Behr’s rights, but it’s a signal to all Americans that we are in danger! Of course Muslims were angry because Behr’s cross got them monkey up! They live in our country, but they hate us all! OK, this time they used law to suppress Behr, but can you be sure that the next morning a shahid won’t knock at your door just because you hung up the American flag? What will be next? They will tell us what to do and how to live or simply wipeout all of us? Why should we put up with it? People let’s deal with Muslims! It’s up to US!

What is justice?

As this may be a bit abstract, consider the following link:

http://www.bu.edu/wcp/Papers/Anci/AnciBhan.htm

ABSTRACT: In his philosophy Plato gives a prominent place to the idea of justice. Plato was highly dissatisfied with the prevailing degenerating conditions in Athens. The Athenian democracy was on the verge of ruin and was ultimately responsible for Socrates's death. The amateur meddlesomeness and excessive individualism became main targets of Plato's attack. This attack came in the form of the construction of an ideal society in which justice reigned supreme, since Plato believed justice to be the remedy for curing these evils. After criticizing the conventional theories of justice presented differently by Cephalus, Polymarchus, Thrasymachus and Glaucon, Plato gives us his own theory of justice according to which, individually, justice is a 'human virtue' that makes a person self-consistent and good; socially, justice is a social consciousness that makes a society internally harmonious and good. According to Plato, justice is a sort of specialization.

Last edited:
Recently I found out that a 45-year old man from Pennsylvania named Carl Behr was forced to remove his 24-foot illuminated cross from his property! Can you believe that? To remove HIS cross from HIS property! That’s how the vaunted American justice is working, but is it really American? The court which forced Behr to remove the cross consists mainly of Muslims. Don’t believe me? Then go and make some inquiries about, it won’t take too much time. The removal is not only violating of Behr’s rights, but it’s a signal to all Americans that we are in danger! Of course Muslims were angry because Behr’s cross got them monkey up! They live in our country, but they hate us all! OK, this time they used law to suppress Behr, but can you be sure that the next morning a shahid won’t knock at your door just because you hung up the American flag? What will be next? They will tell us what to do and how to live or simply wipeout all of us? Why should we put up with it? People let’s deal with Muslims! It’s up to US!

a 24' cross lit up at all times.

That's nuts and has nothing to do with faith. This is about being an ass to your neighbors. He has every right to have the cross and even have it lit, he does not have the right to interfere with his neighbors.

I found no mention of courts, or muslims.

Negged for making shit up.

What is justice?

As this may be a bit abstract, consider the following link:

20th WCP: Plato's Concept Of Justice: An Analysis

ABSTRACT: In his philosophy Plato gives a prominent place to the idea of justice. Plato was highly dissatisfied with the prevailing degenerating conditions in Athens. The Athenian democracy was on the verge of ruin and was ultimately responsible for Socrates's death. The amateur meddlesomeness and excessive individualism became main targets of Plato's attack. This attack came in the form of the construction of an ideal society in which justice reigned supreme, since Plato believed justice to be the remedy for curing these evils. After criticizing the conventional theories of justice presented differently by Cephalus, Polymarchus, Thrasymachus and Glaucon, Plato gives us his own theory of justice according to which, individually, justice is a 'human virtue' that makes a person self-consistent and good; socially, justice is a social consciousness that makes a society internally harmonious and good. According to Plato, justice is a sort of specialization.

I like Plato's take. To me, Serving Justice is to Identify each revealed factor in a Matter, for relevance and weight, seeking to rectify each wrong with the correct measure, or as close to it as the Society will permit.

The illuminated cross is a zoning issue. It has nothing to do with religion.

We are limited to the size of the illuminated sign for our business and can have no flashing lights etc. No big deal

Works for me.

Carl Behr ordered to take down 24ft light-up crucifix from front yard in Pennsylvania | Mail Online

Seems like his neighbor had a legitimate point. I'm all for freedom, but your right to display a symbol does not outweigh my right to not have it interfere with my life on my own property. He should have taken the lights off.

Yep, strange how faith requires a 24' brightly illuminated cross in his front yard.

I'm thinking of putting up a 30' glossy pic of my ass. :eusa_whistle:

B/c I beleive everyone should kiss my ass. And I have a clever spot for the oval shaped black light I got for it. :eusa_angel:

I think forCB is making a mountain out of a mole hill. I see no reference to Muslims in the story at all, nor am I convinced that the court is mainly Muslim. The woman who brought the complaint indicates that she might even be "Christian".

If the story is accurate this came about from a neighborhood squabble over parking rights.

As a Christian myself, I am not going to jump on Mr. Behr's bandwagon here. It seems more like he thinks turning the other cheek is synonymous with getting even.

As for the court's ruling? I would guess as Skull Pilot said that this is a zoning issue and has nothing what so ever to do with what is being displayed.

Immie

Forum List

Back