Do You Smoke Pot/Weed?

Do you smoke Pot/Weed?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • I used to

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I tried it once or twice. Got nothing out of it.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Does eating eggs in the morning disrupt relationships, put you into financial hardship. Can you abstain from eggs? I hardly think eating eggs in the morning is a dysfunctional behavior.

No but alcohol and betting on Sports can...

According to those on this board gambling is not an addiction. :dunno:

Depends. Some people (like myself) are capable of walking around Vegas and sticking to a maximum amount that they are willing to lose. Others are addicted to the rush that they get out of it and cannot control their impulses, because they are looking for the next big payoff and are addicted to the thrill.

But then again, ANYTHING can become addictive psychologically if you let it. People (it's called co-dependency), shopping, jogging, working out, food, etc. It's how that act makes you feel, and in many cases it is covering up some kind of bad feeling or inadequacy.

I agree, Pogo and Chris disagree, but if it disrupts your life at the risk of your relationships, your health or finances, then it it an addiction and you have a problem. Withdrawals are definitive when you have an addiction. I know people that run for the high they get from running.

Do you believe it when people say that they are addicted to food or sex? Or are they just too weak to practice will power, and so they use the term "addiction" as an excuse?

How about LSD?
actually microdosing with LSD is becoming somewhat of a fad......in order for you to feel the effects of LSD such as sensory and temporal disruptions it takes something like 125 micrograms dosage ...if one takes LSD below that dosage there will be effects subliminally below your awareness that may be helpful to folks.......

Something you might find interesting . . . in my city they recently BANNED all flavored tobacco products. This is supposed to catch on nationwide, so all of you who enjoy flavored tobacco products had better start stocking up!

Something you might find interesting . . . in my city they recently BANNED all flavored tobacco products. This is supposed to catch on nationwide, so all of you who enjoy flavored tobacco products had better start stocking up!
I will just have to fill the void.....and sell it to the masses while I'm at it..

I will just have to fill the void.....and sell it to the masses while I'm at it..

They think that banning flavored tobacco products is going to stop kids from smoking I guess.

Does eating eggs in the morning disrupt relationships, put you into financial hardship. Can you abstain from eggs? I hardly think eating eggs in the morning is a dysfunctional behavior.

No but alcohol and betting on Sports can...

According to those on this board gambling is not an addiction. :dunno:

Depends. Some people (like myself) are capable of walking around Vegas and sticking to a maximum amount that they are willing to lose. Others are addicted to the rush that they get out of it and cannot control their impulses, because they are looking for the next big payoff and are addicted to the thrill.

But then again, ANYTHING can become addictive psychologically if you let it. People (it's called co-dependency), shopping, jogging, working out, food, etc. It's how that act makes you feel, and in many cases it is covering up some kind of bad feeling or inadequacy.

I agree, Pogo and Chris disagree, but if it disrupts your life at the risk of your relationships, your health or finances, then it it an addiction and you have a problem. Withdrawals are definitive when you have an addiction. I know people that run for the high they get from running.

I don't really consider that an addiction. I think calling it an "addiction" is a cop out. That is just something people like to do and don't want to stop doing it. IOW, weak people can "addicted" to just about anything I suppose. I don't think normally people become "addicted" to doing an activity though.

Exactly.
This tangent started IIRC not as a point of "people being addicted" but of "cannabis being addictive". We notice the mythmongers have turned the spotlight around to the user rather than the substance. Must have been inconvenient to approach the original point.

An addictive substance would be something (alcohol, heroin, tobacco), the use of which creates a physical dependency. And that's simply not present.

Even in their specious comparison of gambling ---- same thing. Gambling doesn't create a physical need for its own continuance. And nor does cannabis.

Forum List

Back