Do you know why the Right Winged, Republican FOX news is banned in canada?

As a Fascist Liberal state, Canada insist on misleading and lying. Like Dr. Laura having her radio show banned in Canada because she mildly objected to homosexuality.

Then, of course, she lost her radio show in America after she objected to Afros being overly sensitive about the n-word.

The only way for Liberals to win debates is to prevent them in the first place.

We've got a conservative majority. Aren't any of you up to speed?

And with that majority we've gotten the long gun registry overturned, really tough on crime bills. The Harper government has a lot of damage to undo.

He's reduced taxes for joe and mary 6 pack and because our Prime Minister has a Masters in Economics and has had executive experience in the real world we've been doing just fine thru this global recession because our PM and Finance Ministers have kept their sticks on the ice.

As a Fascist Liberal state, Canada insist on misleading and lying. Like Dr. Laura having her radio show banned in Canada because she mildly objected to homosexuality.

Then, of course, she lost her radio show in America after she objected to Afros being overly sensitive about the n-word.

The sponsors told the Canadian folk that they would pull their cash if Doc was on.
Sponsors = CASH = pure capitalism.
Same everywhere. $$$ talks and Bull Shit walks.

And with that majority we've gotten the long gun registry overturned, really tough on crime bills. The Harper government has a lot of damage to undo.

He's reduced taxes for joe and mary 6 pack and because our Prime Minister has a Masters in Economics and has had executive experience in the real world we've been doing just fine thru this global recession because our PM and Finance Ministers have kept their sticks on the ice.

Lush Rimbaugh stated otherwise and they must answer to He Who Must Be Obeyed.

TD, you can be on my debate team any time you want on. :)

Very well done in this thread. And me having to wait for rep to regenerate. But you have done a masterful job setting the liberal loons straight re this Fox News nonsense, and I take back my earlier 'soap box' post based on the erroneous impression that I had.

Canada could have no better advocate for what is good in our neighboring country.

Uh, idiot....she moved over to CNN. :badgrin:

The rights enjoyed by Canadians are assigned by their government and can be taken away by their government at will. And apparently that government considers it dangerous for Canadians to have the unique perspectives and all sides of the story that Fox News offers and nobody else does.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1qAnx-_LmY]Fox News Babes - YouTube[/ame]

funny-pictures-ugly-hog-1J7.jpg

Micheal Savage's

GREATEST HITS
!!

It really would look better on everyone if you just didn't instantly believe a lib posting a lie from a blog.

TD, you can be on my debate team any time you want on. :)

Very well done in this thread. And me having to wait for rep to regenerate. But you have done a masterful job setting the liberal loons straight re this Fox News nonsense, and I take back my earlier 'soap box' post based on the erroneous impression that I had.

Canada could have no better advocate for what is good in our neighboring country.

:D

I'd be more than honored to be on your debate team. It took a long time to get this conservative majority. Basically the old "progressive conservative" party had to be dismantled and building back up was no easy matter.

We wandered in the wilderness a long, long time. But it was worth the wait. Again it will take time to undo a lot of the damage that had been wrought over the years, but the Conservatives are pulling it off.

Regarding this issue that the OP has laid out; it's completely false. There was no ban whatsoever.

What had happened was Global wanted to partner with Fox News but it would not have met with the rigid standards of Canadian Content.

But the CRTC has gotten looser over time and allowed Fox and others to go cable and digital. (2004 when we saw this turn around).

Slowly but surely.

Last edited:
Because the law in Canada forbids lying. It's such a shame on how they cowar behind the 1st amendment to spew their false bullshit.

Skeptic Money » Blog Archive » Fox News Banned From Canada – Law Forbids Lying On Broadcast News. - You make sense but does your money?

Maybe I will need to move to Canada!

America’s middle class battles for its survival on the Wisconsin barricades – against various Koch Oil surrogates and the corporate toadies at Fox News – fans of enlightenment, democracy and justice can take comfort from a significant victory north of the Wisconsin border. Fox News will not be moving into Canada after all! The reason: Canadian regulators announced last week they would reject efforts by Canada’s right-wing Prime Minister, Stephen Harper, to repeal a law that forbids lying on broadcast news.

They would have to change the law to let FOX news be broadcast. Sounds like a good law. Hey Congress – here is a law you can pass!

Canada’s Radio Act requires that “a licenser may not broadcast … any false or misleading news.” The provision has kept Fox News and right-wing talk radio out of Canada and helped make Canada a model for liberal democracy and freedom. As a result of that law, Canadians enjoy high quality news coverage, including the kind of foreign affairs and investigative journalism that flourished in this country before Ronald Reagan abolished the “Fairness Doctrine” in 1987.

We do need better news. Too bad it is legal to lie in the USA.

Harper’s attempts to make lying legal on Canadian television are a stark admission that right-wing political ideology can only dominate national debate through dishonest propaganda. Since corporate profit-taking is not an attractive vessel for populism, a political party or broadcast network that makes itself the tool of corporate and financial elites must lie to make its agenda popular with the public. In the Unites States, Fox News and talk radio, the sock puppets of billionaires and corporate robber barons, have become the masters of propaganda and distortion on the public airwaves. Fox News’ notoriously biased and dishonest coverage of the Wisconsin’s protests is a prime example of the brand of news coverage Canada has smartly avoided.

----------------------------------------------------

Fox News Has a First Amendment Right to Lie - Updated < Library Grape
fox news has a constitutional right to lie, after being taken to court on it.

Did you know I don't live in Canada or care about what they do or do not broadcast.

nitroz stop with the crap you're not good at it. You hate the first admendment and probably all of them......because you're a commienazimonarchist......I'll tell you what, I'm all for you bigf government control, as long as I get to be the guy in charge, otherwise take you statist ideas and go fuck yourself...

aww. :(

I support all amendments, but I also have no problem with calling people out, bringing light to the truth. Just like faux news, I will exercise my constitutional rights aswell and call people out on their bullshit.

What amendments? And Faux news, this coming from a guy that says CBS is middle of the road? and I too looooove calling people on their bullshit. i got derps to admit he's pro abortion, not pro choice, it's soo easy to wipe out bullshit positions like that.

The only thing you have proven is that you are an idiot. Now tell me, is there a Canadian version of fox news up there?

Here is the info on how fox was pushing one of the politicians to alter federal law to uplift the anti-lying clause, it failed.
Because of this, Fox gave up on trying to have their own canadian fox news, because they would rather not have a show, than to stop lying,..

CRTC plan to lift ban on false news prompts political investigation - The Globe and Mail

Oh shut up. You don't have a clue what you are talking about. And you're digging a really deep hole for yourselves.

The committee to try to ease the regulations has been pushing it for 10 freaking years. This push started with a liberal majority before FOX even applied.

The CRTC's obligation is to protect our domestic services. Man you are thick as a brick.

Here ya go sparky.

A basic cable package in English Canada traditionally includes:

the major Canadian commercial networks (CTV and Global),
the English and French CBC networks, including Newsworld and RDI (the French-language Newsworld equivalent),
the provincial educational broadcast undertaking (if one is available, as not all provinces have one),
a community channel (locally produced public affairs and information programming and community events listings),
APTN, a network devoted to Aboriginal programming,
TVA, one of the two private French-language broadcasters in Quebec1,
local or regional independent stations such as Citytv, A-Channel and CH,
Cable Public Affairs Channel, which broadcasts parliamentary sessions and committee meetings, along with some political public affairs programming,
a similar channel broadcasting the proceedings of the provincial legislature,
American network affiliates of ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS and Fox2,
a mixture of Canadian and American special interest channels such as TSN, MuchMusic, CNN, CTV News Channel and Showcase3.

Media of Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where is MSNBC?

Even Canadians, think Maddow is too gay.

Fox news is in Canada again, but from what I've heard, they have to do HONEST reporting, so it isn't much into politics but instead more like your local news channels.

Fox news is in Canada again, but from what I've heard, they have to do HONEST reporting, so it isn't much into politics but instead more like your local news channels.

So, in fact, you lied in your OP.

Twit.

Critical thinking. Google it. Try it.

Ran into a guy at the library today. He was completely freaked out because 23-26 year-olds were going to get a free ride on Obamacare and he was going to half to pay for it and liberals were going to make him homeless.

For everyone's sake righties, if your base is so dumb your going to have to be more careful with the scare tactics? I thought the guy was going to clock me when I told him he was full of shit. (Well, I put it a little nicer than that. :eusa_shifty: )

Ran into a guy at the library today. He was completely freaked out because 23-26 year-olds were going to get a free ride on Obamacare and he was going to half to pay for it and liberals were going to make him homeless.

For everyone's sake righties, if your base is so dumb your going to have to be more careful with the scare tactics? I thought the guy was going to clock me when I told him he was full of shit. (Well, I put it a little nicer than that. :eusa_shifty: )

My grandparents think Obama is trying to kill them through healthcare. There are effects of being chicken little.
The RW scare tactics works largely b/c those that believe them want to believe them. They have this thing about the LW meedjya, it's quite a rich victimhood belief they've jinned-up for themselves. So the RW meedjya is their only hope. It's easy to refute and debunk facts, it's darn near impossible to refute beliefs.

The RW is rigid set of beliefs. Facts don't matter.

My grandparents think Obama is trying to kill them through healthcare. There are effects of being chicken little.
The RW scare tactics works largely b/c those that believe them want to believe them. They have this thing about the LW meedjya, it's quite a rich victimhood belief they've jinned-up for themselves. So the RW meedjya is their only hope. It's easy to refute and debunk facts, it's darn near impossible to refute beliefs.

The RW is rigid set of beliefs. Facts don't matter.
This topic proves just how bankrupt the left is.

Years latter the lefts position has changed.

Thats a shock I know......:badgrin:

Yes FOX and MSNBC are equally dishonest and despicable. There is nary a degree of difference between them. Absolutely the same tactics. Absolutely.
No they're not.

See...that's how you know you've got a RWer pegged, they start with the "they-both-do-it" meme.

Yes msnbc leans left, but they stick to the facts. They may omit, but it's the facts their based on. THEFOX simply makes crap up out of thin air. Time, and time, and time again THEFOX has been called on patently false reportings...and they never apologize either. In fact they double down.

msnbc and THEFOX are absolutely NOT the same or similar in any way.

Cut it out.

Forum List

Back