~Do You Have A Good Job??~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Is your job one you are happy with??
Do you think you will stay at that particular job for the rest of your life, or for as long as they'll keep you??
Or maybe you will consider something better down the road??

Me, I'm pleased working in the school system. I really have great hours and it's not too demanding. I know I will never get to be what I really would like to be, and that's working in forensics, such as a medical examiner or even a funeral director. I wish I had studied for something in those fields long ago.

I have a well paying job. However it comes with a demand for a lot of commitment and stress; particularly in today's economic pressures.
The money means I never have to think about bills or prioritize one thing over another, I make enough for everything we need and then some.

Buuut...I can't say I am not ready for a change. Once the kids are out of college - a simpler life I will undoubtedly want.

Do you think you will stay at that particular job for the rest of your life, or for as long as they'll keep you??

Me, I'm pleased working in the school system. I really have great hours and it's not too demanding. I know I will never get to be what I really would like to be, and that's working in forensics, such as a medical examiner or even a funeral director. I wish I had studied for something in those fields long ago.

Funeral director? You want to put clothes on dead people?

That is either eccentric, or really fricken weird.

Wait, which school system are we talking about?

Last edited:

Percy! Yes, I would like to have a job as a funeral director, or one who performs the autopsies.
Someone has to dress those that have passed away, might as well be someone who would want the job and treat them with respect.....believe it or not, when my Mother passed away, and also my Aunt, I personally painted their fingernails myself!
I wanted to help in the 'preparation' of their bodies, and so I did, the funeral homes were Ok with it.
I will say tho, trying to apply fingernail polish to very cold nails, is a bit difficult!
And I work in a middle school, 6th, 7th and 8th graders :)

Do you have netflix, Dabs? Look for the movie DEPARTURES in instant play. It's foreign, but has subtitles. It's a lovely film about a man who prepares bodies for burial, with respect. He gets flack, is seen as ghoulish. But the message it sends is eye opening.

Percy! Yes, I would like to have a job as a funeral director, or one who performs the autopsies.
Someone has to dress those that have passed away, might as well be someone who would want the job and treat them with respect.....believe it or not, when my Mother passed away, and also my Aunt, I personally painted their fingernails myself!
I wanted to help in the 'preparation' of their bodies, and so I did, the funeral homes were Ok with it.
I will say tho, trying to apply fingernail polish to very cold nails, is a bit difficult!

Right now I am picturing Dr. Laurel Weaver, that hot medical examiner in 'Men in Black'.

Right now I am picturing Dr. Laurel Weaver, that hot medical examiner in 'Men in Black'.

This is a good thing, no??

Yes i have a good job...maybe not the best pay but we get by. In fact my husband and i work at the same place. He works in the factory (for 15 yrs) and i work in the office (for 18 yrs). Gets kinda interesting sometimes since he's in the union and I'm not! lol! I'm a quality technichian, get ok pay, know everything a quality engineer knows, went to school for alot of it but still only a technician. Our company isn't the best at promoting women :) But, i work about a mile from my house which is great with the gas prices what they are! And it's the best place to work in our area...so i'm ok!

My job is growing. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good.
The torrential rains are on the way but my greenhouses control most things......but not all.
2011 has been good so far.Tiny rainfalls.
I'm sorta worried about my corn.All hell will break loose in the next two weeks.
If the corn is 6 inches or so. Nooo problem.Shorter and it B dead.
The avocado's are rocking !!!

a good job pays GOOD.. so no i Don't.. :razz:

Money isn't everything.
After battling all day long, answering 50 emails and putting out dozens of fires...that guy sitting on the zero turn mowing grass for a living...looks better all the time.

My job is growing. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good.
The torrential rains are on the way but my greenhouses control most things......but not all.
2011 has been good so far.Tiny rainfalls.
I'm sorta worried about my corn.All hell will break loose in the next two weeks.
If the corn is 6 inches or so. Nooo problem.Shorter and it B dead.
The avocado's are rocking !!!

growing my ass.....you follow the horses with your shovel and wagon....

I am a student and mother. I work with a temp agency, so the work can vary. I haven't worked in some months But now that the semester is over and I'm not attending summer school, I am actively looking for work again. I have plenty of time for a steady job after college. Right now I am just enjoying being with my child. Spending quality time with the people I love is important to me. Before the temp agency I was a caregiver for my dying grandfather and terminally ill aunt.

Buuuut to answer your question, sure. I am happy with my "job."

Ahh you now work with the functionally berain dead vs your desire to work with the medically brain dead?

I had the greatest job in the world for 22 year, minus a few days we won't talk about.

And when I retired I had a very wise Command Sergeant Major give me the best advice I ever had.

He said " There is no way to retire on what we'll be getting, besides we've been too active for too long. We will have to find a job. But make sure when you do that it is something that you enjoy. Because if you enjoy doing your job, then you will never work again."

I don't work any more......

I had the greatest job in the world for 22 year, minus a few days we won't talk about.

And when I retired I had a very wise Command Sergeant Major give me the best advice I ever had.

He said " There is no way to retire on what we'll be getting, besides we've been too active for too long. We will have to find a job. But make sure when you do that it is something that you enjoy. Because if you enjoy doing your job, then you will never work again."

And thank you for your service! I'm so proud of our military...and especially my son who is training for Army Special Forces right now. You're all AWSOME!

And thank you for your service! I'm so proud of our military...and especially my son who is training for Army Special Forces right now. You're all AWSOME!

My Salute to your Son.

istockphoto_10782242-vintage-military-salute.jpg

I'd best be happy with it, been doin' it waaay to long to hate it.....

well, to be honest, i work for myself , who in their right mind would want to put up with an obsessive complusive perfectionist who abuses his caffinee intake?

chickens, lots of 'em....

Forum List

Back