• Someone you lost touch with over time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
.... or just a group of people you hang out with?

If you do have a best friend, what makes that person your BEST friend (vs. any other friends you may have?)

How long have you known them?

My wife is my only true friend

She;s the only person who has ever been 100% in my corner

i am a loner married to a loner...we stick pretty much together....i dont trust many people...he has my back except with the in laws....i really should have married an orphan

.... or just a group of people you hang out with?

If you do have a best friend, what makes that person your BEST friend (vs. any other friends you may have?)

How long have you known them?

Don't really think of people in labellistic terms. I have people I know and enjoy doing nice things for, but they're not broken down into friend, family, best friend, categories.

It would have to be my husband as well, followed closely by my oldest son. Hubby can be pretty hard and judgmental but he puts up with my babyish and selfish ways, but only so much then calls me out on it… I need that. (but I don’t’ like it) – my oldest son just accepts me as I am and is always there for me no matter what. They are my 2 rocks.

now having someone's back 100% sometimes means smiling at the in public and then telling them what a dumbass they are in private....i will always support him but sometimes i make it clear he is being a dumbass and is wrong....but i support his right to be both lol

I retired, where I worked were most of my friends. We are growing apart now. My wife I would consider my best friend but I am not always so sure how much she likes me. A few suggestions for everyone. 6 months before retiring, go to marriage counseling, be pro-active. Just joking, a little, but it might not be a bad idea. We also took on having one of my parents live with us, can be very stressful.

I retired, where I worked were most of my friends. We are growing apart now. My wife I would consider my best friend but I am not always so sure how much she likes me. A few suggestions for everyone. 6 months before retiring, go to marriage counseling, be pro-active. Just joking, a little, but it might not be a bad idea. We also took on having one of my parents live with us, can be very stressful.

we all don't like each other from time to time..... it's a problem if you just like the person in general.
There are time I love my husband and he's hysterical - but then sometimes ugh I just want to throttle him.
I suppose that is normal, but I'm sure there are some lucky couples out there where it's head over heels from day one and onward.... no magic formula and no 2 relationships are the same......

I think it's always good to get advice, or even a support group for people retiring. We have a "head start" on that. I work from home so we are already around each other all the time. If I wind up having to take care of my mom, not sure how that will work. But we'll get through it, we have been through some hard times right from jump street......

we all don't like each other from time to time..... it's a problem if you just like the person in general.
There are time I love my husband and he's hysterical - but then sometimes ugh I just want to throttle him.
I suppose that is normal, but I'm sure there are some lucky couples out there where it's head over heels from day one and onward.... no magic formula and no 2 relationships are the same......

I think it's always good to get advice, or even a support group for people retiring. We have a "head start" on that. I work from home so we are already around each other all the time. If I wind up having to take care of my mom, not sure how that will work. But we'll get through it, we have been through some hard times right from jump street......

Maybe the way to look at relationships is that if you have to work at them you will appreciate them more. I am not sure that is actually true, need to hear some opinions.

If you do start to keep care of your mother, be prepared for someone you thought you knew but don't.

I would really appreciate a relationship that didn't take much work :)
But actually it is true that hard times bring you together/closer. It adds to the feeling of "oneness" in a marriage when you battle through things together.....

I know my mom. I can hardly stand to be around her as it is now - I love her, but as a person..... it's sad really I think she has a lot of baggage and issues from her childhood. I really try to be patient with her.....

I could be wrong, but I think the "best friend" label is primarily a woman thing. You pretty much never hear a man say the words. And what is a best friend anyway? Most young ladies have at least 4-5 of them.

I could be wrong, but I think the "best friend" label is primarily a woman thing. You pretty much never hear a man say the words. And what is a best friend anyway? Most young ladies have at least 4-5 of them.

I don't have one - not even 4 or 5..... so.... ?
I have a few women I feel comfortable enough to ask to go shopping or lunch but that's pretty much it.
My husband has CLOSER friends, one that call him when he's sick or even not just call him pretty regularly, maybe 2-3 of those and several others he golfs with etc.

Even as a single person, I'd have a girl that I would go out with a lot but it would change over time, depending on my job, circumstances etc. No one I really "meshed" with enough to be a "bestie"

Forum List

Back