Do you feel your candidate DIDN'T "win" the first debate?

The Donald did great. He pwnd Crooked Hillary on every single exchange. The only criticism is that he had opportunities to bring in more of her disastrous government activities and he has to realize he has to dumb it down a little bit for low information folks. At first I figured one debate would be enough to totally obliterate Crooked Hillary. But since he held back, it makes the next two debates worth watching.

What an interesting thread! I'm certain that we will have lots of Trump and Clinton supporters weighing in with honest assessments stating that their candidate blew it. It's going to be a great little social experiment.

I didn't see a knock out punch from either candidate.

I agree but I think the next one will be better.

The two of them were polite and respectful of each other but Hillary seemed to be on the attack more and Trump seemed to be on the defense.

I'm sure Trump will be on the attack at the next debate. All in all it was a pretty good debate.

The Donald did great. He pwnd Crooked Hillary on every single exchange. The only criticism is that he had opportunities to bring in more of her disastrous government activities and he has to realize he has to dumb it down a little bit for low information folks. At first I figured one debate would be enough to totally obliterate Crooked Hillary. But since he held back, it makes the next two debates worth watching.

Yes. Trump has to dumb it down more. You nailed it.

What an interesting thread! I'm certain that we will have lots of Trump and Clinton supporters weighing in with honest assessments stating that their candidate blew it. It's going to be a great little social experiment.
I can certainly understand how someone like you would be annoyed by my little thread.

Thanks for weighing in at your customary level.

The two of them were polite and respectful of each other but Hillary seemed to be on the attack more and Trump seemed to be on the defense.

I'm sure Trump will be on the attack at the next debate. All in all it was a pretty good debate.
My guess is that Trump on the attack is exactly what Hillary's camp is hoping for, no?

My guess is that Trump on the attack is exactly what Hillary's camp is hoping for, no?

Well if he does go on the attack then Hillary will have to answer and we all know she avoided the press for a month because she didn't want to answer the questions they would ask. Should be interesting. No??

I can certainly understand how someone like you would be annoyed by my little thread.

Thanks for weighing in at your customary level.

I'm not annoyed. I'm intrigued.

This is a copy of a post I put on another thread. It seemed to honestly answer your question...

I reality, I thought Trump started out well, but honestly, the lack of preparation was obvious. I intend to vote for Trump because Hillary has proven to be incompetent, and, even dangerous. And, we need solid Constructionists on the SCOTUS.

I know that Obama was not prepared for the office of the presidency, but he did have an agenda.. It was to the the Black King Community Activism. He knew squat about foreign affairs and hired Hillary who was in the same boat. As a result, our foreign policies have suffered greatly. We need a president who is fixated of foreign as well as domestic agendas. Even on domestic problems. he was green on the economy, jobs and infrastructure. He was interested in race, Saul Alinsky principles so that led him to learn "on the job" the actual responsibilities of president.

Which brings me to Trump. His real asset is deal making and most likely the economy which is excellent. However, he has to learn "on the job" on foreign affairs, the incentives for manufacturers to go overseas, just as his businesses have done and what approach would be the ultimate carrot on bringing them back. We know Hillary hasn't a clue...she is still singing the praises of NAFTA and her bimbo husband.

Does Trump have the determination to actually learn on the job instead of constantly claiming how amazing he is? Does he recognize the pitfalls in his resume and will to learn about it?

Hillary has had the opportunity to make a difference of foreign affairs and continually demonstrated poor judgment. Her stint at State was disastrous and putting top secret information in the reach of hackers was unforgivable and incredibly stupid.

So it boils down to Vote for Certain Incompetency, Certain Poor Choices and Questionable Health or Learning on the Job and Learning to Listen to experts. I'll go with Trump. He learned how to be a successful businessman...let him learn how to be a Successful President.

Well if he does go on the attack then Hillary will have to answer and we all know she avoided the press for a month because she didn't want to answer the questions they would ask. Should be interesting. No??
I think the "how" is the question, how he goes on the attack. If he overdoes it, he runs the risk of (a) making her look victimized, or (b) saying something crazy.

Seems to me he should stay away from the rope-a-dope that Hillary will play and stick to a clear message.

This is a copy of a post I put on another thread. It seemed to honestly answer your question...

I reality, I thought Trump started out well, but honestly, the lack of preparation was obvious. I intend to vote for Trump because Hillary has proven to be incompetent, and, even dangerous. And, we need solid Constructionists on the SCOTUS.

I know that Obama was not prepared for the office of the presidency, but he did have an agenda.. It was to the the Black King Community Activism. He knew squat about foreign affairs and hired Hillary who was in the same boat. As a result, our foreign policies have suffered greatly. We need a president who is fixated of foreign as well as domestic agendas. Even on domestic problems. he was green on the economy, jobs and infrastructure. He was interested in race, Saul Alinsky principles so that led him to learn "on the job" the actual responsibilities of president.

Which brings me to Trump. His real asset is deal making and most likely the economy which is excellent. However, he has to learn "on the job" on foreign affairs, the incentives for manufacturers to go overseas, just as his businesses have done and what approach would be the ultimate carrot on bringing them back. We know Hillary hasn't a clue...she is still singing the praises of NAFTA and her bimbo husband.

Does Trump have the determination to actually learn on the job instead of constantly claiming how amazing he is? Does he recognize the pitfalls in his resume and will to learn about it?

Hillary has had the opportunity to make a difference of foreign affairs and continually demonstrated poor judgment. Her stint at State was disastrous and putting top secret information in the reach of hackers was unforgivable and incredibly stupid.

So it boils down to Vote for Certain Incompetency, Certain Poor Choices and Questionable Health or Learning on the Job and Learning to Listen to experts. I'll go with Trump. He learned how to be a successful businessman...let him learn how to be a Successful President.

Great post and I have to agree. Hillary is stupid, careless and incompetent.

Trump is neither of those or he wouldn't be the business success that he is.

If elected he will surround himself with those who can help him the most.

Learning in the business world is ongoing and I'm sure he's smart enough to learn what he needs to know if he's elected.

I think the "how" is the question, how he goes on the attack. If he overdoes it, he runs the risk of (a) making her look victimized, or (b) saying something crazy.

Seems to me he should stay away from the rope-a-dope that Hillary will play and stick to a clear message.

I think you are right Trump is no dummy and anyone who thinks he is isn't to smart.

I agree his message has to be clear and his attacks need to be tempered.

Oh I doubt anyone will ever see Hillary as a victim.

[Yes. Trump has to dumb it down more. You nailed it.

A lot of his content required a certain level of intelligence and information much of which went over the heads over the MSNBC hosts, or so they pretended. Can you site one exchange that The Donald did not pwn Crooked Hillary? Or like oreo and other low info folks, did you not watch it, but received Rachel "Blinky" Maddow's strap-on instead?

[Yes. Trump has to dumb it down more. You nailed it.

A lot of his content required a certain level of intelligence and information much of which went over the heads over the MSNBC hosts, or so they pretended. Can you site one exchange that The Donald did not pwn Crooked Hillary?

Awesome. He is too smart for the room. I'm seeing it now.

So, back to the debate, specifically.

Did anyone's candidate "lose" or under-perform?
I did just say that I thought Trump didn't adequately prepare for the debate. Did he under perform? Yes. Did he lose? No. It would have taken a mammoth mistake to lose to the Incompetent Hillary.

The people lose regardless of which one of them win some debate.

Take the stop and frisk for example. Both had the wrong answer. In fact, the question wasn't even asked in relative context to the critical nature of the issue. It doesn't matter the color of The Individual, he/she has the constitutional right to move freely. The Individual has the right to not have his/her constitutional right infringed over some perceived thought crime. That should have been the terms of controversy.

Could go on an on....

Last edited:
The people lose regardless of which one of them win some debate.

Take the stop and frisk for example. Both had the wrong answer. It doesn't matter what color you are, you have the right to move freely. That should have been the terms of controversy.

Could go on an on....
I agree with you, NC. And welcome to the board!

New Topics

Forum List

Back