Do you care if your spouse cheats?

Do you care?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Here are some sins and their result:

Bearing false witness = an innocent person going to jail for something they didn’t do

Murder = loss of a person that was useful

Stealing = loss of property

Adultery = potential STD’s, muddied heredity of offspring and ………….

I think there are other potential bad things resulting from adultery but nobody wants to share what that is.
I told you the worst part of it but you seem to not understand trust and betrayal.

I told you the worst part of it but you seem to not understand trust and betrayal.

What if your wife agreed not to eat candy on Tuesday but she did it anyways? Surely it goes deeper than that. I don’t believe it is simply, “but you said you wouldn’t.” There has to be more to it or people wouldn’t be murdering their cheating spouse and people do.

You know what. I just had an epiphany why innocent spouses refuse to tell you why it bothers them. I think I do get it now.

However the thing I just realized is boring. I’m hoping I am not right.

Why is it so uncomfortable to answer the question?
Uncomfortable? Nope. Just think the question is a bit silly. In this day and age.

Do you love your spouse? Do you guys still have the ol' spark in the bedroom? If yes, then why would you stray?

If the answer is no to either question, then why stay with her/him? Divorce is simple and easy. Move on with your life.

The important thing is that our opinion matters not a whit. What matters is your spouse. Is she/he ok with it? If yes, go for it. Let the chips fall where they may.

And that I need to explain all this, is what makes it silly in the extreme. Get it now?

I never got married because most of the women today are hoes. I like having casual sex with these women but always use a condom so I don't get STDs.

Uncomfortable? Nope. Just think the question is a bit silly. In this day and age.

Do you love your spouse? Do you guys still have the ol' spark in the bedroom? If yes, then why would you stray?

If the answer is no to either question, then why stay with her/him? Divorce is simple and easy. Move on with your life.

The important thing is that our opinion matters not a whit. What matters is your spouse. Is she/he ok with it? If yes, go for it. Let the chips fall where they may.

And that I need to explain all this, is what makes it silly in the extreme. Get it now?

If I was looking for counseling, yes. If I am looking for discussion then, no. You avoid the question and want to focus on me. I’m not important. Why does it piss people off when someone they are married to has sex with someone else? My name isn’t even in that question. Neither is yours.

I know why innocent spouses refuse to answer the question. I had to read between the lines though. Nobody will just say it.

Here is how it is played out:

Act one
Future Cheating Spouse: I want to have a serious discussion with you.

Innocent Spouse: Not right now. I don’t feel like talking about that.

Act Two

Act Three

……………..,,,,,,,

Act Five Thousand Three Hundred Twelve

Act Five Thousand Three Hundred Thirteen

Cheating Spouse: I just had an affair for the first time with another woman.

Innocent Spouse: I hate you so much I want to kill you. I am as furious as can be. Why didn’t you tell me something was missing in our marriage. You’re a bastard and I’m going to tell everybody how awful you are. I can never trust you again. You make me look like a worthless piece of trash. Go to hell you scum of the earth. I’m going to kill you, you piece of crap.

Act Five thousand Three Hundred Fourteen

(Innocent spouse kills Cheating Spouse)

The End

It doesn’t always take 5,312 attempts to talk to your spouse. It could be as much as 11,680 attempts or as few as 1. I’m guessing it is never 0. Why would someone say, “I’m mad that my spouse cheated because it proved to the world that I disregarded my spouse completely so I am going to turn the tables and make it look like my spouse’s fault because I feel so damn stupid. Everything was my fault but I want to make sure nobody notices that. I was going to address my spouse’s concerns but my spouse never gave me the chance. I hate my spouse. I hope my spouse burns in hell for what my spouse did to me. They had sex with someone else one time and I never did anything wrong. NEVER! My spouse deserves to be tortured repeatedly for a million years for what they did to me by having sex that one time. It’s not like I tortured and tormented my spouse for 6 years or anything like that. Anything my spouse wanted I gave it to them. This is so unfair. I hope my spouse dies. They just deserve to be killed so bad.”

If a person is uncomfortable talking about important things in a marriage then they will be even less likely to talk about important things after the marriage or during their second marriage. Ever wonder why second marriages end in divorce more often than in first marriages? They avoid communication because it takes too much work. It’s easier when things are always the fault of the other person. Mystery solved for now. Please correct me if I am wrong but don’t bother. I’m not.

Communication is key. Innocent spouses steal the key. Cheating spouses pick the lock. Now the communication line is wide open. Once the cheating occurs, healing can begin since now there is communication. Cheaters shouldn’t cheat. Innocent spouses shouldn’t withhold communication. The cheating spouse is outcasted from society. The innocent spouse gets a medal.

Last edited:
Open relationships never work for long. Sooner or later the straying spouse or both will find someone to have a real relationship with. Or, maybe the one straying just can't have a committed relationship. Something will always be missing. The search goes on.

Open relationships never work for long. Sooner or later the straying spouse or both will find someone to have a real relationship with. Or, maybe the one straying just can't have a committed relationship. Something will always be missing. The search goes on.

I’d say an open relationship isn’t a real agreement. One goes along with it to keep the peace. Their heart probably isn’t in it.

People can form financial partnerships without being married.

I’d say an open relationship isn’t a real agreement. One goes along with it to keep the peace. Their heart probably isn’t in it.

People can form financial partnerships without being married.
In financial partnerships no one gives the slightest thought to bed partners.

I am out of place with the average person on this topic Why do people care that their spouse cheats? I have only found three reasons that make sense. I will only mention two because I want to see if anybody mentions the third reason. Here are the two:

1. I’m worried about STD’s.
2. I want to catch them so I can get out of the relationship.

The second one seems dumb but it does make sense. If you answered yes in this poll then explain it to me. I honestly have never understood this yet it seems to be “common sense”. But if it is so common, how come nobody seems to have an answer.

I have asked this question in multiple ways with multiple approaches. I guess I just need to accept that I am weird or their reason is the third reason and they don’t have the humility to admit it.
You always get caught ...always
The longer it carries on to its only a matter of time

Unless you're in like Japan and it for the weekend and you'll never see her again just keep it yourself
And never a business associate

You always get caught ...always
The longer it carries on to its only a matter of time

Unless you're in like Japan and it for the weekend and you'll never see her again just keep it yourself
And never a business associate

Maybe I spoke Greek.

Here is the question:

Why do people get pissed when their significant other cheats?

Forum List

Back