Do You Believe We Came From Monkeys?

We're primates that developed from a common ancestor 5-7 million years ago that yes was an ape.

That is a fact....The evidence is very strong.

Not a fact, it is a theory, big difference. And if we descended from an ape, why are there still apes?
Now that is a question worthy of a second grade student, one slightly retarded. And you obviously do not understand the meaning of 'Theory' in science.

scientific theory
noun
a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of factsor phenomena in the natural world and repeatedly confirmed throughexperiment or observation:
the scientific theory of evolution.

the definition of scientific theory

still not a FACT, do you understand that? or does your second grade education not allow for that? Many scientific theories have been proven untrue.

Scientific theories explain facts. They are essentially tools to understand reality and to make predictions. Facts are contextualized within theories.

And, no scientific theory has ever been proved to be True. Not Relativity, not Germ Theory, not Atomic Theory, not Plate Tectonics, not one theory ever. In science absolute truth is un-knowable. The closest any theory gets to Truth is being a scientific theory.

Once again there is NO fossil record to support the claim man came from an ape like creature. None nada.
They look at all living things when they are first conceived and all creatures start off looking almost exactly the same. The they grow to be whatever they are. Watch the Cosmos. Eye opening
In that case, if you scrape a pecker track off the back seat of an '81 Dodge and put it in a glass of water, it might grow up to be an ape or a Liberal Democrat. Got it. Everything is clear now. Thanks.

And that is how Creationist think.

And why they believe the world is only 6,000 years old.
Once again for the slow and stupid VERY few people believe man appeared 6000 years ago. VERY few.
When did we appear then? And what's your theory on how we got here?

Once again there is NO fossil record to support the claim man came from an ape like creature. None nada.
But then again there is a consistent fossil record to support the claim that man and apes evolved from a common ancestor.

And absolutely no evidence to support the fairy tale that Man was poofed into existence 6,000 years ago.
The people here who deny evolution won't even say what they believe out loud because it's embarrassing. They'll argue against evolution but not for creation. At least not in detail because it's really silly, and magical.

we didnt came from monkey. we and monkey came from .........
monkey are our cousin. they arent our grandfather

im human now but i think you still are monkey .evolution didnt work for you

Have a link ?
check mirror if you want prove.

I just checked, I am to sexy for my shirt

really?
Yes that's why I can get the girls..

no because many girls have wierd fetish fantasy

c97d87da1aa11f3df4d6b2b68b9298fd.jpg

I know there are similarities but I think they are coincidental, like cats and seals both have whiskers. But cats didn't come from seals or vice a versa.
I know there are similarities but I think they are coincidental, like cats and seals both have whiskers. But cats didn't come from seals or vice a versa.

We're not monkeys. We are superior beings, masters of the Universe!

If you're getting your information about evolution from a book that rhymes, it's probably not the best resource.

gipper

Exactly. Even if I were able to believe in an invisible, all knowing, all seeing, petulant, vicious, creature who creates and destroys on a whim, there's just no way that I could believe "he' created the earth, the planets, the stars, plant and animal (including the human animal) life and then rested on Sunday.

Religious people have an answer for everything. The earth is 14 trillion years old. 7 days, right? So they say to god 1 day is 2 trillion years.
Who posted anything about God or religion? Not me.

That's the thing about you lefties, you automatically think anyone who disputes your kooky evolution THEORY, must think everything in the Bible is true. STFU!

To think it all magically happened, is to not think.

At any rate, evolution can co-exist with a superior being.
I'm still waiting for your alternate theory without using god
One has to be able to think logically, so I am guessing that is not possible for you.

You condemn those who believe in God as akin to believing in fairy tales, while you believe the huge and complex universe just happened magically. Do you fail to see how illogical your position is?
What created your deity?
What created the potential for the universe? Why is it OK to believe the potential could have always been there but god couldn't? Ah, the hypocrisy of the secularist.

We're primates that developed from a common ancestor 5-7 million years ago that yes was an ape.

Not a fact, it is a theory, big difference. And if we descended from an ape, why are there still apes?
Now that is a question worthy of a second grade student, one slightly retarded. And you obviously do not understand the meaning of 'Theory' in science.

scientific theory
noun
a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of factsor phenomena in the natural world and repeatedly confirmed throughexperiment or observation:

still not a FACT, do you understand that? or does your second grade education not allow for that? Many scientific theories have been proven untrue.

Scientific theories explain facts. They are essentially tools to understand reality and to make predictions. Facts are contextualized within theories.

And, no scientific theory has ever been proved to be True. Not Relativity, not Germ Theory, not Atomic Theory, not Plate Tectonics, not one theory ever. In science absolute truth is un-knowable. The closest any theory gets to Truth is being a scientific theory.
You contradicted yourself. You claimed theories explain facts then admitted they can't. They are a best case at current understanding. There's a reason we use the word theory and many of them have been proven wrong. Germ theory, atom theory? Never heard of those. I believe they are pretty well understood. Plate tectonics is still a theory? So your argument makes no sense.

scientific theory
noun

You contradicted yourself. You claimed theories explain facts then admitted they can't. They are a best case at current understanding. There's a reason we use the word theory and many of them have been proven wrong. Germ theory, atom theory? Never heard of those. I believe they are pretty well understood. Plate tectonics is still a theory? So your argument makes no sense.
Scientific understanding requires both facts and theories that can explain those facts in a coherent manner. Evolution, in this context, is both a fact and a theory. It is an incontrovertible fact that organisms have changed, or evolved, during the history of life on Earth.

We didn't. We evolved from a common ancestor.

We all know you came from a monkey..
But not me

What a surprise, bear513 is a creationist.

Anyone ever notice that the people who don't believe in evolution look the most like apes? It's God's way of amusing us.
Ever notice the people who don't believe in evolution tend to also not believe global warming is real?

Can ExxonMobil Be Found Liable for Misleading Public on Climate Change?

Exxon knew uniquely that climate change had catastrophic consequences for the planet and used this knowledge both to improve its processes and to plan its - for instance, floating platforms and stuff like that, but that it also fought climate change regulation and fought action in Washington by funding activist groups, by funding groups that would spread doubt about whether climate change is real or not to emphasize the controversy.

We didn't. We evolved from a common ancestor.

We all know you came from a monkey..
But not me

What a surprise, bear513 is a creationist.

Anyone ever notice that the people who don't believe in evolution look the most like apes? It's God's way of amusing us.

This is sad

Roughly six-in-ten U.S. adults (62%) say humans have evolved over time,

While 98% of scientists connected to the American Association for the Advancement of Science say they believe humans evolved over time, only two-thirds (66%) of Americans overall perceive that scientists generally agreeabout evolution

A series of court decisions have prohibited the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in public schools. In spite of efforts in many American states and localities to ban the teaching of evolution in public schools or to teach alternatives to evolution, courts in recent decades have consistently rejected public school curricula that veer away from evolutionary theory. In Edwards v. Aguillard (1987), for instance, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that a Louisiana law requiring public school students to learn both evolution and “creation science” violated the Constitution’s prohibition on the establishment of religion.

That's because creation science is nutty science from one particular religion.

Of all the major religious groups in the U.S., evangelical Protestants are among the most likely to reject evolution.

More broadly, most Americans (59%) say that science and religion are often in conflict, but those who are more religiously observant are less likely than others to see this clash between faith and science

Compared with the U.S., even larger percentages of people in many other countries reject evolution. For example, in Latin America, roughly four-in-ten or more residents of several countries – including Ecuador, Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic – say humans and other living things have always existed in their present form. This is true even though the official teachings of Catholicism, which is the majority religion in the region, do not reject evolution. Meanwhile, Muslims in many nations are divided on the topic, although majorities of Muslims in countries such as Afghanistan, Indonesia and Iraq reject evolution.

scientific theory
noun

Scientific understanding requires both facts and theories that can explain those facts in a coherent manner. Evolution, in this context, is both a fact and a theory. It is an incontrovertible fact that organisms have changed, or evolved, during the history of life on Earth.
and yet no actual evidence one species has ever evolved into 2 or more different species.

scientific theory
noun

and yet no actual evidence one species has ever evolved into 2 or more different species.

And that is the hat that fairytalists keep dragging out. I find it amusing that you fairytalists have no actual evidence to support any of your fairy tales- yet you believe in them entirely.

And then turn around and reject the only theory that fits the evidence we actually have.

Arguing with fairytalists about evolution is like trying to convince them that their faith in fairy tales is wrong- you just have faith that evolution cannot exist, so you reject all evidence to the contrary.

The evidence is out there for those who can accept it.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: Part 2

Forum List

Back