Do You Believe We Came From Monkeys?

Now that is a question worthy of a second grade student, one slightly retarded. And you obviously do not understand the meaning of 'Theory' in science.

scientific theory
noun
a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of factsor phenomena in the natural world and repeatedly confirmed throughexperiment or observation:
the scientific theory of evolution.

the definition of scientific theory

still not a FACT, do you understand that? or does your second grade education not allow for that? Many scientific theories have been proven untrue.

Scientific theories explain facts. They are essentially tools to understand reality and to make predictions. Facts are contextualized within theories.

And, no scientific theory has ever been proved to be True. Not Relativity, not Germ Theory, not Atomic Theory, not Plate Tectonics, not one theory ever. In science absolute truth is un-knowable. The closest any theory gets to Truth is being a scientific theory.
You contradicted yourself. You claimed theories explain facts then admitted they can't. They are a best case at current understanding. There's a reason we use the word theory and many of them have been proven wrong. Germ theory, atom theory? Never heard of those. I believe they are pretty well understood. Plate tectonics is still a theory? So your argument makes no sense.
Scientific understanding requires both facts and theories that can explain those facts in a coherent manner. Evolution, in this context, is both a fact and a theory. It is an incontrovertible fact that organisms have changed, or evolved, during the history of life on Earth.
and yet no actual evidence one species has ever evolved into 2 or more different species.
Duck billed platipus

But then, if we came from monkeys, why aren't monkeys still turning into people?
They are. Not only are gorillas evolving fast so are dogs living along side us. Some dogs can understand 200 commands.

So is learning those commands making them grow a thumb?
Maybe if we see a breed of dog that has a mutation that is favorable we can breed thumbs into dogs.

We would never know if left up to folks like you.

How come none of you are proud to tell us your theory? Bunch of judas

still not a FACT, do you understand that? or does your second grade education not allow for that? Many scientific theories have been proven untrue.

Scientific theories explain facts. They are essentially tools to understand reality and to make predictions. Facts are contextualized within theories.

And, no scientific theory has ever been proved to be True. Not Relativity, not Germ Theory, not Atomic Theory, not Plate Tectonics, not one theory ever. In science absolute truth is un-knowable. The closest any theory gets to Truth is being a scientific theory.
You contradicted yourself. You claimed theories explain facts then admitted they can't. They are a best case at current understanding. There's a reason we use the word theory and many of them have been proven wrong. Germ theory, atom theory? Never heard of those. I believe they are pretty well understood. Plate tectonics is still a theory? So your argument makes no sense.
Scientific understanding requires both facts and theories that can explain those facts in a coherent manner. Evolution, in this context, is both a fact and a theory. It is an incontrovertible fact that organisms have changed, or evolved, during the history of life on Earth.
and yet no actual evidence one species has ever evolved into 2 or more different species.
Duck billed platipus
That is one species dumb ass.

Not a fact, it is a theory, big difference. And if we descended from an ape, why are there still apes?
Now that is a question worthy of a second grade student, one slightly retarded. And you obviously do not understand the meaning of 'Theory' in science.

scientific theory
noun
a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of factsor phenomena in the natural world and repeatedly confirmed throughexperiment or observation:

So? I didn't argue the point, you're too stoned to follow the conversation.

No chance. Evolution may account for the differences within a species, but it does not account for new species.
Maybe back when life started the atmosphere caused

Duck billed platipus
That is one species dumb ass.
Maybe the diversity happened already and what we have now is it. Birds, amphibians, mammals, reptiles and fish. Do you require a 6th?

scientific theory
noun

Do you think anyone knows what you're trying to say? What are you trying to say?

Do you think anyone knows what you're trying to say? What are you trying to say?
Anyone that hasn't turned their brains into oatmeal, like you.

You argue against evolution but can't or won't put forth your alternate theory. I'm high but can at least proudly explain my position you judas

You argue against evolution but can't or won't put forth your alternate theory. I'm high but can at least proudly explain my position you judas
I said I believed in evolution and I also said you're a moron that can't follow a conversation.

.You contradicted yourself. You claimed theories explain facts then admitted they can't. They are a best case at current understanding. There's a reason we use the word theory and many of them have been proven wrong. Germ theory, atom theory? Never heard of those. I believe they are pretty well understood. Plate tectonics is still a theory? So your argument makes no sense.
Atomic and Germ Theories are stil perfectly intact.
As are Gravity and Evolution.
For the 100th Time on the Abuse of the word by ignorant creationist clowns.

15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense
John Rennie, Editor in Chief
Scientific American - June 2002

1. Evolution is only a theory. It is not a fact or a scientific law.

Many people learned in Elementary School that a theory falls in the middle of a hierarchy of certainty--above a mere hypothesis but below a law.
Scientists do NOT use the terms that way, however. According to the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), a scientific theory is "a Well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses." No amount of validation changes a theory into a law, which is a descriptive generalization about nature. So when scientists talk about the theory of evolution--or the atomic theory or the theory of relativity, for that matter--they are NOT expressing reservations about its truth.

In addition to the theory of evolution, meaning the idea of descent with modification, one may also speak of the FACT of evolution.
[......]

Last edited:
.You contradicted yourself. You claimed theories explain facts then admitted they can't. They are a best case at current understanding. There's a reason we use the word theory and many of them have been proven wrong. Germ theory, atom theory? Never heard of those. I believe they are pretty well understood. Plate tectonics is still a theory? So your argument makes no sense.
Atomic and Germ Theories are stil perfectly intact.
As are Gravity and Evolution.
For the 100th Time on the Abuse of the word by ignorant creationist clowns.

John Rennie, Editor in Chief
Scientific American - June 2002

1. Evolution is only a theory. It is not a fact or a scientific law.

Many people learned in Elementary School that a theory falls in the middle of a hierarchy of certainty--above a mere hypothesis but below a law.
Scientists do NOT use the terms that way, however. According to the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), a scientific theory is "a Well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses." No amount of validation changes a theory into a law, which is a descriptive generalization about nature. So when scientists talk about the theory of evolution--or the atomic theory or the theory of relativity, for that matter--they are NOT expressing reservations about its truth.

In addition to the theory of evolution, meaning the idea of descent with modification, one may also speak of the FACT of evolution.
[......]
You call other people ignorant when you respond to arguments that weren't made? You are what you hate, a religious zealot. I'm not religious and said I believe in evolution. I depart from the atheist since I can't muster their level of faith that the universe farted itself into existence.

You call other people ignorant when you respond to arguments that weren't made? You are what you hate, a religious zealot. I'm not religious and said I believe in evolution. I depart from the atheist since I can't muster their level of faith that the universe farted itself into existence.
I called you Ignorant because despite Page after page/many enumerations, you continue to abuse/mangle the word 'theory', and I again explained why.
You remain an idiot.

iceweasel: "There's a reason we use the word theory and many of them have been proven wrong."

This is FALSE. Science [continues] to use the word 'Theory' despite a premise being shown as FACT, because in science, there aren't "Proofs".
Proofs are for math.
It, AGAIN, does Not have to do with 'doubt', tho new theories may be much less sure.

Evolution, like Gravity, is way over the top FACT as well as theory.
The words are NOT mutually exclusive.
See Sciam def above/WTF!

Got it yet?
`

Last edited:
I called you Ignorant because despite Page after page/many enumerations, you continue to abuse/mangle the word 'theory', and I again explained why.
You remain an idiot.
Liar. I use the term as intended and your little intolerant hate filled juvenile ass couldn't understand what I was talking about when I said theories have been dissproven in time. Theories are not facts, different words with different meanings. Then you tried to apply your textbook anti-Christian bile against me to fluff up your hollow ego.

Liar. I use the term as intended and your little intolerant hate filled juvenile ass couldn't understand what I was talking about when I said theories have been dissproven in time. Theories are not facts, different words with different meanings. Then you tried to apply your textbook anti-Christian bile against me to fluff up your hollow ego.
No YOU are the LIAR. Now em-bare-assed as well.
YOU Said:
iceweasel: "There's a reason we use the word theory and many of them have been proven wrong."

Which is FALSE. It ["ONLY a theory"] because of Doubt, is precisely what I/Sciam debunked.
"The reason Evo called a theory" (like Gravity) is NOT because of doubt, it's because despite Evo being a FACT as well, science doesn't have proofs.

You Lose 12 IQ god-guy.
`

No YOU are the LIAR. Now em-bare-assed as well.
YOU Said:

Which is FALSE. It ["ONLY a theory"] because of Doubt, is precisely what I/Sciam debunked.
"The reason Evo called a theory" (like Gravity) is NOT because of doubt, it's because despite Evo being a FACT as well, science doesn't have proofs.

You Lose 12 IQ god-guy.
`
You just restated what I said and called me a loser. Prancing around in victory makes you all the more special.

Evolution as Fact and Theory

by Stephen Jay Gould
StephenJayGould.org
Stephen Jay Gould, "Evolution as Fact and Theory" 1994
[.....]
Well, evolution is a Theory. It is Also a Fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts do not go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's, but apples did not suspend themselves in mid-air, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from apelike ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other, yet to be discovered.

Moreover, "fact" does not mean "absolute certainty." The final proofs of logic and mathematics flow deductively from stated premises and achieve certainty only because they are not about the empirical world. Evolutionists make no claim for perpetual truth, though creationists often do (and then attack us for a style of argument that they themselves favor). In science, "fact" can only mean "confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent." I suppose that apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in physics classrooms.

Evolutionists have been clear about this distinction between fact and theory from the very beginning, if only because we have always acknowledged how far we are from completely understanding the mechanisms (theory) by which evolution (fact) occurred. Darwin continually emphasized the difference between his two great and separate accomplishments: establishing the fact of evolution, and proposing a theory to explain the mechanism of evolution. He wrote in The Descent of Man: "I had two distinct objects in view; firstly, to show that species had not been separately created, and secondly, that natural selection had been the chief agent of change. . . . Hence if I have erred in . . . having exaggerated its [natural selection's] power . . . I have at least, as I hope, done good service in aiding to overthrow the dogma of separate creations."
[.......]
Yet amidst all this turmoil No biologist has been lead to doubt the Fact that evolution occurred; we are debating How it happened. We are all trying to explain the same thing: the tree of evolutionary descent linking all organisms by ties of genealogy.
Creationists pervert and caricature this debate by conveniently neglecting the common conviction that underlies it, and by Falsely suggesting that evolutionists now doubt the very phenomenon we are struggling to understand.
[......]
The entire creationist program includes little more than a rhetorical attempt to falsify evolution by presenting Supposed Contradictions among its supporters.
[......]​

Evolution as Fact and Theory

by Stephen Jay Gould
StephenJayGould.org
Stephen Jay Gould, "Evolution as Fact and Theory" 1994
[.....]
Well, evolution is a Theory. It is Also a Fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts do not go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's, but apples did not suspend themselves in mid-air, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from apelike ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other, yet to be discovered.

Moreover, "fact" does not mean "absolute certainty." The final proofs of logic and mathematics flow deductively from stated premises and achieve certainty only because they are not about the empirical world. Evolutionists make no claim for perpetual truth, though creationists often do (and then attack us for a style of argument that they themselves favor). In science, "fact" can only mean "confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent." I suppose that apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in physics classrooms.

Evolutionists have been clear about this distinction between fact and theory from the very beginning, if only because we have always acknowledged how far we are from completely understanding the mechanisms (theory) by which evolution (fact) occurred. Darwin continually emphasized the difference between his two great and separate accomplishments: establishing the fact of evolution, and proposing a theory to explain the mechanism of evolution. He wrote in The Descent of Man: "I had two distinct objects in view; firstly, to show that species had not been separately created, and secondly, that natural selection had been the chief agent of change. . . . Hence if I have erred in . . . having exaggerated its [natural selection's] power . . . I have at least, as I hope, done good service in aiding to overthrow the dogma of separate creations."
[.......]
Yet amidst all this turmoil No biologist has been lead to doubt the Fact that evolution occurred; we are debating How it happened. We are all trying to explain the same thing: the tree of evolutionary descent linking all organisms by ties of genealogy.
Creationists pervert and caricature this debate by conveniently neglecting the common conviction that underlies it, and by Falsely suggesting that evolutionists now doubt the very phenomenon we are struggling to understand.
[......]
The entire creationist program includes little more than a rhetorical attempt to falsify evolution by presenting Supposed Contradictions among its supporters.
[......]​
Yep, that's what I said, junior. I said theories are the best explanation at the time. And sometimes proven incorrect. So they are not facts. You're a religious zealot. LOL.

Forum List

Back