Do you believe that you are saved or that you need saving?

Oh yeah I do need saving...no one is perfect...not even Rambunctious!!!!!

So you are to be punished for not being perfect. Wow.

Do you see that as fair and just?

Regards
DL
No where in my post did I say punished.....

True but it is implied.

"Oh yeah I do need saving...no one is perfect...not even Rambunctious!!!!!"

If you are not saved because of your imperfections, then saved from what if not punishment?

Regards
DL
God doesn't punish...he teaches.....I just want to get in the fast pass line at the pearly gates......lol

yes I believe that Heaven has a wall a big beautiful gate...and a strict immigration policy....but punishment?.....nah I don't think a creator would punish his creation....

So hell does not exist to you and we all get into heaven. Right?

Regards
DL

God doesn't punish...he teaches.....I just want to get in the fast pass line at the pearly gates......lol

I will join you in LOL as I picture you sitting in a school class outside the gates trying to learn from God as fast as you can so as to get past the gates.

How you can think like that would make anyone LOL.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Hey. How's it going? Ya sleestak. Ha. Just flipping through the thread I'm reminded of a bit of prose about no man being an island. You know what prose is, right? Rather than poetry, prose is a natural flow of written language rather than a rhythmic structure of rhyme we read in your standard poetry. Some of it is pretty good.

Anyway. It's true. No man is an island. We're all products of this world. Placed into context with your question, there are times when the realization that it's this world that turns stone cold killers into heroes in the eyes of the masses becomes clear. And the realization that the good men in this world are systematically placed on a pedestal to be ridiculed. It's crazy. Very upside-down. These realizations are moments of Grace. Moments of Grace are when we finally see this fundamental truth. They're found rather than given. They're very rare moments indeed when we are able to see and separate ourselves from it and become an island separate from the rest of that fallen world. No soul is too late to save in that regard.

There are people who can talk about such things with great humilty. I am not one of those people, but that's the fundamental nature of what we're faced with when born into this world. The only way we're gonna get out of it safe and leave our old ghosts behind is a rebirth into a new world. One that was meant to be way back when.

Silly supernatural thinking is seldom helpful. So says Jesus.

You rely a lot on tradition and seem to care more for your body than your mind.

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

I may have read you wrong but please, no silly supernatural thinking as that is for children.

Regards
DL
Traditions are quite important. It’s the glue which binds us.

The KKK will agree with you.

So will the lovers of inquisitions and jihads.

Regards
DL

Oh yeah I do need saving...no one is perfect...not even Rambunctious!!!!!

Regards
DL

True but it is implied.

If you are not saved because of your imperfections, then saved from what if not punishment?

Regards
DL

yes I believe that Heaven has a wall a big beautiful gate...and a strict immigration policy....but punishment?.....nah I don't think a creator would punish his creation....

Regards
DL
Yes that is what I believe....but that doesn't mean a Hitler strolls right into the house of God without excepting the truth of his sins and more important to be truly sorry for his actions.....

I will join you in LOL as I picture you sitting in a school class outside the gates trying to learn from God as fast as you can so as to get past the gates.

Regards
DL
I don't have all the answers dude...I just have prayers and faith....

Regards
DL

True but it is implied.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Yes that is what I believe....but that doesn't mean a Hitler strolls right into the house of God without excepting the truth of his sins and more important to be truly sorry for his actions.....

So how did God deal with Hitler?

You really should try to think like a universalist.

Was Hitler his own creator or was he created to be what he became by all the input of all those who interacted with him and facilitated his rise to power?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Tell us why you have faith in a genocidal son murdering God whose religion could only grow by inquisition and murder due to not being able to show decent moral tenets to grow with, please.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Hey. How's it going? Ya sleestak. Ha. Just flipping through the thread I'm reminded of a bit of prose about no man being an island. You know what prose is, right? Rather than poetry, prose is a natural flow of written language rather than a rhythmic structure of rhyme we read in your standard poetry. Some of it is pretty good.

Anyway. It's true. No man is an island. We're all products of this world. Placed into context with your question, there are times when the realization that it's this world that turns stone cold killers into heroes in the eyes of the masses becomes clear. And the realization that the good men in this world are systematically placed on a pedestal to be ridiculed. It's crazy. Very upside-down. These realizations are moments of Grace. Moments of Grace are when we finally see this fundamental truth. They're found rather than given. They're very rare moments indeed when we are able to see and separate ourselves from it and become an island separate from the rest of that fallen world. No soul is too late to save in that regard.

There are people who can talk about such things with great humilty. I am not one of those people, but that's the fundamental nature of what we're faced with when born into this world. The only way we're gonna get out of it safe and leave our old ghosts behind is a rebirth into a new world. One that was meant to be way back when.

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

I may have read you wrong but please, no silly supernatural thinking as that is for children.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
The KKK was formed as the terrorist wing of the Democratic Party for the express purpose of taking back the state legislatures of the southern states after the civil war. So I suspect you have more in common with them than I do.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Those without a heritage are easily persuaded. Do you know who said that? Are you not trying to dissuade heritage by attacking tradition?

Regards
DL

Tell us why you have faith in a genocidal son murdering God whose religion could only grow by inquisition and murder due to not being able to show decent moral tenets to grow with, please.

Regards
DL
What man does in the name of religion has nothing to do with God....I'm not a member of a church....I do not follow man made religion.....I try and be as decent as I can....I try and always do what I feel is right....if I die and find out I was wrong here and there I will learn from it and hopefully rest in peace....

Most religions claim that we have all been condemned by God for some reason or another, and that faith in a certain God or his revealed religion must be adhered to to gain salvation. Most religions say that you cannot save yourself without their help.

Have you been condemned? Was it a just condemnation? What evil did you do to gain that condemnation? Have you been saved from it by your own efforts of the efforts of someone else?

Could you not do it on your own and did you need to pay cash the way religions tell you is required?

I show the poor thinking of religions and their adherents with this Protestant against Catholic view, but as stated, this issue applies to all religions.

Regards
DL

My life is proof I'm cursed.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
What man does in the name of religion has nothing to do with God....I'm not a member of a church....I do not follow man made religion.....I try and be as decent as I can....I try and always do what I feel is right....if I die and find out I was wrong here and there I will learn from it and hopefully rest in peace....
I go to sleep at night praying for an off switch. I'm not scared of death, I'm scared of dying.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
I go to sleep at night praying for an off switch. I'm not scared of death, I'm scared of dying.

Why?

Most religions claim that we have all been condemned by God for some reason or another, and that faith in a certain God or his revealed religion must be adhered to to gain salvation. Most religions say that you cannot save yourself without their help.

Have you been condemned? Was it a just condemnation? What evil did you do to gain that condemnation? Have you been saved from it by your own efforts of the efforts of someone else?

Could you not do it on your own and did you need to pay cash the way religions tell you is required?

I show the poor thinking of religions and their adherents with this Protestant against Catholic view, but as stated, this issue applies to all religions.

Regards
DL

Maybe you are being tested. Ever thought if that?

Regards
DL

I failed then cuz I'd pray to Satan if it would get rid of the pain in my feet.

Regards
DL

It certainly sounds like. What’s the problem with your feet?

Regards
DL

It certainly sounds like. What’s the problem with your feet?

left foot has multiple fractures and won't fit in a shoe. Spent 4 months in a cast. Big toe on right foot throbs like crazy when I try to sleep due to arthritis. Neuropathy in both feet. Doctor says I can break bones and not feel it because of the nerve damage. Yet I suffer nightly excruciating pain from one single toe, a tiny patch on it, that keeps me awake all night.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

What we do has to do with what we believe and religions effect beliefs.

As k any gay or woman that has been subjected to religious discrimination without a just cause.

Politics and religion are our main guides to social interaction and to say to one or our main social control organizations religions and their sheeple have nothing to do with God id foolish.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back