Do you believe that mental illness is a

anyone could read the DSM.. make some subjective observations and write a script from from what is basically a handful of drugs available,,,the education is only to give credibility where there is none,,,and it is you who is dishonest about the fact that definitive test are not done because they are too intrusive or dangerous when the fact is they do not exsist period....

Anyone can read the "Pathological Basis of Disease" and write a script too.

Just not legally.

I could be a millionaire overnight if the bank gave me the key.

Just not legally.

At least now you concede that it takes a little bit more than two weeks to be a psychiatrist.

Like I said, if you are going to be dishonest in a small thing, you will be dishonest in a big thing.

I've addressed the lab issue. You believe there is "no such thing as a chemical imbalance" in the brain. Your perrogative, but not the professional consensus.

anyone could read the DSM.. make some subjective observations and write a script from from what is basically a handful of drugs available,,,the education is only to give credibility where there is none,,,and it is you who is dishonest about the fact that definitive test are not done because they are too intrusive or dangerous when the fact is they do not exsist period....

Anyone can read the "Pathological Basis of Disease" and write a script too.

Just not legally.

I could be a millionaire overnight if the bank gave me the key.

Just not legally.

not legal but regardless..it would be all too easy compared with being a medical doctor or a banker...

At least now you concede that it takes a little bit more than two weeks to be a psychiatrist.

Like I said, if you are going to be dishonest in a small thing, you will be dishonest in a big thing.

I've addressed the lab issue. You believe there is "no such thing as a chemical imbalance" in the brain. Your perrogative, but not the professional consensus

no you never addressed the lab issue you avoid it and were deceitful..so i will pose the question again...can one examine a cadaver and find proof of mental illness...yes or no ?

not long ago you could of given your same argument to support this..and what i believe is that your chemical lobotomy approach will in the not to distant future be deemed equally unsound and barbaric and destructive...any idiot could do a psychiatrist job with a few weeks of study..it is essentially a fraud....a handful of drugs handed out and some subjective observations and judgements...it is a joke

YouTube - Lobotomy - PBS documentary, on Walter Freeman

Neuroleptics and Chronic Mental Illness

I've got to laugh at your bolded portion.

Give me a break.

Obviously you think you know more than the professionals, but no one is handing you (legally) a script pad anytime soon.

As for the "lobotomy", physicians used to drain people for "bad blood" too. Misconceptions from the past don't equal the malpractice of the future.

No, but it does point out the weaknesses of science, and gullibility of those who follow it blindly.

Psychology is not a science. Psychiatry isn't either, for that matter.

not legal but regardless..it would be all too easy compared with being a medical doctor or a banker...

I've addressed the lab issue. You believe there is "no such thing as a chemical imbalance" in the brain. Your perrogative, but not the professional consensus

no you never addressed the lab issue you avoid it and were deceitful..so i will pose the question again...can one examine a cadaver and find proof of mental illness...yes or no ?

Nope.

A psychiatrist is a medical doctor. When you graduate from medical school, the degree is called "M.D. (or D.O.)" for a reason.

Once again you distort the facts.

Yes.

Elsevier: Article Locator

There are also studies on the thalamus' of cadavers which show an abundance of Dopamine.

not long ago you could of given your same argument to support this..and what i believe is that your chemical lobotomy approach will in the not to distant future be deemed equally unsound and barbaric and destructive...any idiot could do a psychiatrist job with a few weeks of study..it is essentially a fraud....a handful of drugs handed out and some subjective observations and judgements...it is a joke

YouTube - Lobotomy - PBS documentary, on Walter Freeman

Give me a break.

Obviously you think you know more than the professionals, but no one is handing you (legally) a script pad anytime soon.

As for the "lobotomy", physicians used to drain people for "bad blood" too. Misconceptions from the past don't equal the malpractice of the future.

No, but it does point out the weaknesses of science, and gullibility of those who follow it blindly.

Psychiatrists are medical doctors and they treat the conditions of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia both of which are prescribed medication as part of the treatment plan. Both disorders affect brain chemistry.

Psychologists are PHD's.

Your opinion is irrelevant.

The medical profession considers psychiatry to be a part of the medical sciences.

So much so that it is a required rotation for every medical student in their third year.

Give me a break.

Psychiatrists are medical doctors and they treat the conditions of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia both of which are prescribed medication as part of the treatment plan. Both disorders affect brain chemistry.

Psychologists are PHD's.

Neither of which makes psychiatry or psychology a science.

Do you believe that mental illness is a

Liberal problem? Yes. Yes, it is.

And its a conservative problem and a libertarian problem etc etc etc. It's an equal opportunity kind of suffering.

seriously I do think the DSM approach of defining any kind of of anti-social behaviors and personality as an illness is something that the PC mentality would find far more acceptable

DSM Code List of all Psychiatric Disorders at ALLPSYCH Online

Your opinion is irrelevant.

The medical profession considers psychiatry to be a part of the medical sciences.

So much so that it is a required rotation for every medical student in their third year.

You are a fucking, kool-aid gobbling buffoon.

"A questionnaire on attitudes toward psychiatry was submitted to French medical students in their first year of specialized training in psychiatry or in another medical specialty. The findings do not differ from those of previous United States investigations. In France, although psychiatry is a full medical specialty, psychiatrists are perceived as different from other physicians. Both groups of students believed that psychiatric treatment is efficacious but remained unsure of its scientific value."
French medical students' opinion of psychiatry -- Samuel-Lajeunesse and Ichou 142 (12): 1462 -- Am J Psychiatry

^pwned.

BTW, that excerpt is from the American Journal of Psychiatry.

hey have some compassion these well meaning poor chumps sink years of their life and loads of money to learn this pseudoscience..they may have children ..big loans to pay ..mortgages..their elitist self image to protect..where would they be if they did not perpetuate the fraud ?

Last edited:
"The journal Science (31 Oct 2003, pp.808-810) discussed the need for a revision of psychiatry's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. The discussion was based upon a book titled A Research Agenda for DSM-V (ISBN 0-89042-292-3) published by the American Psychiatric Association."

"....DSM-IV-TR, is unsatisfactory as a diagnostic tool. This DSM yields diagnoses that are dependably repeatable, but are, for the most part, meaningless as to the cause of the disorder. The various diagnosed disorders do not connect with our rapidly expanding knowledge of what is going on physiologically within the brain. It is this fact that has evidently alarmed psychiatrists into admitting the limitations of psychiatry as currently practiced."

"For a particular disorder, some 20 to 50% of patients may fail to meet the required diagnostic symptom count and so are categorized as "not otherwise specified" (NOS). These are ignored in experimental trials, even though the patient may clearly be suffering from some of the symptoms of a well-known disorder. Insurance companies pay for NOS treatment, but it is evident that psychiatric diagnoses today do not deal with all of the subtleties of mental disorders."

Science Discusses Psychiatry

BTW, that excerpt is from the American Journal of Psychiatry.

hey have some compassion these well meaning poor chumps sink years of their life and loads of money to learn this pseudoscience..they may have children ..big loans to pay ..mortgages..their elitist self image to protect..where would they be if they did not perpetuate the fraud ?

Did you watch that clip? It's hilarious.

Forum List

Back