Do you believe that media have psychological influence on people?

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
I hope it is clear like 2+2
My answer: yes. 100%. I consider it common knowledge that media - ALL types of media, fictional or not - have a very diverse range of psychological influence.

I think it's well known, and hopefully quite obvious to any adult, that
  • Advertising (ex. advertising an "experience" rather than a product [innumerable brand names do this], food advertising directed toward children on cartoon networks)
  • Propaganda (ex. Nazi propaganda, North Korean propaganda, some GGers may say anything FemFreq puts out)
  • News outlets (ex. FOX news, The Daily Show)
  • Blogs
(and I'm sure many more media) can all have influence over a person's attitudes and beliefs. I mean, that's a fact. You can probably agree with this.
So What do an average American do to take over this brainwashing?

20140804_002521_21782.jpg

Anything we consume has a psychological influence on us, though I think the more interesting question is should creators of said influential content consciously make an effort for works that go against their original creative purpose in order to guide society a certain direction? We are constantly being lead to anywhere. But I do not want to be a sheep in a herd?

Firefly Fanny

When I see random attractive American celebrities such as Jenny McCarthy on TV/radio marketing personal blogs or culture ads, I think that media is the new propaganda bazaar. Anyone can add their two cents.

In the hot summers of New England, when you might notice a firefly in the evening, do you think the light they give off represents electricity or opium?

:afro:

www.apple.com

Forum List

Back