Do you believe in evil?

BELIEVERS WE KNOW WHO THE WINNER IS NOW!!!=== UNBELIEVERS=WHY Back A Loser=satan? I Rather Go With the Winner=JESUS!!!

Why Back A Loser=satan? I Rather Go With the Winner=JESUS.=== The great Dragon—the ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, the one deceiving the whole world—was thrown down onto the earth with all his army.

10 Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens, “It has happened at last! God’s salvation and the power and the rule, and the authority of his Christ are finally here; for the Accuser of our brothers has been thrown down from heaven onto earth—he accused them day and night before our God. 11 They defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony; for they did not love their lives but laid them down for him. 12 Rejoice, O heavens! You citizens of heaven, rejoice! Be glad! But woe to you people of the world, for the devil has come down to you in great anger, knowing that he has little time.”
Revelation 12:9-12===But fire from God in heaven will flash down on the attacking armies and consume them.

10 Then the devil who had betrayed them will again be thrown into the Lake of Fire burning with sulphur where the Creature and False Prophet are, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne and the one who sat upon it, from whose face the earth and sky fled away, but they found no place to hide. 12 I saw the dead, great and small, standing before God; and The Books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to the things written in The Books, each according to the deeds he had done. 13 The oceans surrendered the bodies buried in them; and the earth and the underworld gave up the dead in them. Each was judged according to his deeds. 14 And Death and Hell were thrown into the Lake of Fire. This is the Second Death—the Lake of Fire. 15 And if anyone’s name was not found recorded in the Book of Life, he was thrown into the Lake of fire. Revelation 20: 10-15

Do you think that some things/people are inherently evil, that all of us may have the seed of evil within us?

Regardless of what has been said in other posts in this thread...here is the red hot skinny!

Within each person there resides good and evil. If caught in time, evil will eventually be subdued by training from good mentors including one's conscious self. If left to its own devices, evil will win. The natural inclination is to be evil. The rewarding posture is to do good...because the praise comes first from within. One feels no guilt when one does a good deed.

@Quantum Windbag​

Still doesn't change the fact that chaos magic is a figment of your imagination. If it weren't, you would have used it to blast me for calling you out on your nonsense.

But, by all means, keep showing the rest of the board how deluded you are.

If you wouldn't leap at the opportunity to be disrespectful to me, perhaps you would understand what I am telling you.

Chaos magick isn't about acquiring supernatural abilities.

It is about using choice, willpower, and belief... to explore the powers of the religions for the purposes of deepening one's spirituality, seeking wisdom, power, and enlightenment, and manipulating the humans and the world around them.

Do not underestimate the power of belief...

Cahos magic does not exist.

Free will, on the other hand, does.

Fruit flies, and most likely other animals, have free will as well

If pointing out the truth is disrespecting you then I will continue to disrespect you.

Yes I believe in evil.

Charles-Manson.jpg

Wanna change my answer. Looking at some people's posts in the Robin Williams thread, maybe evil does exist. Hard to imagine what other motive is behind making hay out of someone's death.

Do you think that some things/people are inherently evil, that all of us may have the seed of evil within us?

"Evil" is a term evidencing that humans delude themselves into thinking that they are not just another animal like all the rest.

Yes I believe in evil as Allah saying in Al-Quran that satan(evil) is your enemy and satan has only power that Satan's invisibility. Only way to tackle or defeat it by controlling your intention(mind) if you win here your action would evil free.

How do you explain the fact that ISIL is killing people who they claim worship the devil under your though patterns that evil does not exist? Why do you prefer to live in a world that denies facts?

Can say anything they like about any thing. Describing something doesn't make it objectively real. Think of the anti-Japanese propaganda of WWII. Just as vile things said about them then, but were they 'evil?' Or simply the enemy?

Denying something doesn't make it unreal either. Justify your position that evil does not exist by explaining away the millions of examples of evil through human history.

In other words, you made a claim, either defend it or admit you can't.

US servicemen and women who fight our wars for us kill the enemy. Often times, it's unavoidable while attacking the enemy innocent bystanders get killed too. During the Iraq war(s) hundreds of thousands (conservative estimates) of Iraqi civilians were killed. So is killing hundreds of thousands of non-combatants good or evil?

Don't tempt fate.

Can say anything they like about any thing. Describing something doesn't make it objectively real. Think of the anti-Japanese propaganda of WWII. Just as vile things said about them then, but were they 'evil?' Or simply the enemy?

Denying something doesn't make it unreal either. Justify your position that evil does not exist by explaining away the millions of examples of evil through human history.

In other words, you made a claim, either defend it or admit you can't.

US servicemen and women who fight our wars for us kill the enemy. Often times, it's unavoidable while attacking the enemy innocent bystanders get killed too. During the Iraq war(s) hundreds of thousands (conservative estimates) of Iraqi civilians were killed. So is killing hundreds of thousands of non-combatants good or evil?

Don't tempt fate.

Is that an admission you can't defend your position? Because, I am 100% positive that the US isn't that big a chapter in the history of mankind.

Absolutely. Evil is merely behavior which demonstrates the absence for the potential for good and by virtue of itself, predictably results in chaos, calamity and catastrophe.

Such is the foundational trait of the Ideological Left and it's religious affiliate known as Islam. This the result of the ideas set forth by both, being rooted entirely in Relativism; which is to say the axiomatic rejection of objectivity.

In the absence of objectivity, there is no potential for truth. Without truth, there is no potential for trust. No Truth or trust, there is no means to recognize a soundly reasoned, sustainable morality and without that, there is no means by which to serve justice.

I think some are born with the potential to be evil or to commit evil acts, but there is a enormous background of life, family, experience etc that goes into whether the psychopath becomes an investment chiseler or a mass killer. Dennett touches on topic in quoted link and below that is the usmb discussion from some time ago.

"Now, it turns out that there’s a lot of variation in how readily some people succumb to temptation. Some people almost always give in to temptation. They just have very little capacity to find that higher perspective from which you can say, ‘Wait a minute, I really don’t want to do this because if I get in the habit of doing this it will turn me into a bad person.’ That’s a perfectly real perspective, there’s nothing mysterious about it, and it’s embodied in your brain just the way everything else is embodied in your brain. But it’s variable in its strength and cogency in individuals. That’s why we have a moral education — to give people the sort of tools for thinking to make the right choices under difficult circumstances." Daniel C. Dennett Ask A Philosopher: What Does New Brain Science Mean For Free Will? | CommonHealth

These are interesting too.
Beyond Good And Evil: New Science Casts Light On Morality In The Brain | CommonHealth
How to Be Good - The New Yorker

Originally discussed here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/philosophy/263873-are-some-people-simply-born-evil.html

My replies:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/philosophy/263873-are-some-people-simply-born-evil.html#post6397602

http://www.usmessageboard.com/philosophy/263873-are-some-people-simply-born-evil.html#post6400847

http://www.usmessageboard.com/philosophy/263873-are-some-people-simply-born-evil-2.html#post6413607

http://www.usmessageboard.com/philosophy/263873-are-some-people-simply-born-evil-3.html#post6429445

"We first kill people with our minds, before we kill them with weapons. Whatever the conflict, the enemy is always the destroyer. We're on God's side; they're barbaric. We're good, they're evil. War gives us a feeling of moral clarity that we lack at other times." Sam Keen

Forum List

Back