Do you believe in evil?

Do you think that some things/people are inherently evil, that all of us may have the seed of evil within us?

no ... there are people who feel that they are the ones who makes dicisions for all and if you don't accept that they wioll do what ever they can to gwet rid of you... its all about their personal wants

Do you think that some things/people are inherently evil, that all of us may have the seed of evil within us?

Objectively/empirically, no. As a word used to relate to an action, yes.

Empirically, there is no good or evil, only actions and consequences. The good or evil is relative. As with the differentiating between a soldier killing in a war, and a terrorist killing while not a solider or in a war. Identical action, different terminology though. So one might be said to be good (if the soldier's on 'your side') while the other's said to be 'evil' if the terrorist isn't on your side. But the relativity is demonstrated by how 'our side' is always the 'good guys,' and 'their side' is always the bad guys. Terrorists aren't gunning each other down haphazardly because from their pov they're the 'good guys.' And we're the bad guys.

God's another example. People who believe in God say he's 'good.' But if you or I wiped out every living thing in a city, or the whole world we'd probably be called 'evil.' Same action, same consequence, but different definition. That's the relative nature and why neither term is objectively sound.

I LOVE THIS SCRIPTURE===10 And the devil who had deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are; and they shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Revelation 20:10

That's a pretty evil thing to do the anyone even if it is the devil.

Satan, the beast and false prophet deserve everything they are going to suffer. Take a look at the evil on earth and realize that Satan is responsible for it, Dilloduck. It is what it is. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Love this myself, Catholic Encyclopedia's entry for Hell:

"The existence of hell is proved first of all from the Bible."

Nothing in the Bible can prove itself anymore than something in a Harry Potter novel proves the existence of elves, unicorns, or trolls. Next...

"Where is hell? Some were of opinion that hell is everywhere, that the damned are at liberty to roam about in the entire universe, but that they carry their punishment with
them...

However, that opinion is universally and deservedly rejected; for it is more in keeping with their state of punishment that the damned be limited in their movements and confined to a definite place. Moreover, if hell is a real fire, it cannot be everywhere, especially after the consummation of the world, when heaven and earth shall have been made anew. As to its locality all kinds of conjectures have been made; it has been suggested that hell is situated on some far island of the sea, or at the two poles of the earth; Swinden, anEnglishman of the eighteenth century, fancied it was in the sun; some assigned it to the moon, others to Mars; others placed it beyond the confines of the universe [Wiest, "Instit. theol.", VI (1789), 869]. The Bible seems to indicate that hell is within the earth, for it describes hell as an abyss to which the wicked descend. We even read of the earth opening and of the wicked sinking down into hell (Numbers 16:31 sqq.; Psalm 54:16; Isaiah 5:14; Ezekiel 26:20; Philippians 2:10, etc.). Is this merely a metaphor to illustrate the state of separation from God? Although God is omnipresent, He is said to dwell in heaven, because the light and grandeur of the stars and the firmament are the brightest manifestations of His infinite splendour. But the damned are utterly estranged from God; hence their abode is said to be as remote as possible from his dwelling, far from heaven above and its light, and consequently hidden away in the dark abysses of the earth. However, no cogent reason has been advanced for accepting a metaphorical interpretation in preference to the most natural meaning of the words of Scripture. Hence theologians generally accept the opinion that hell is really within the earth. The Church has decided nothing on this subject; hence we may say hell is a definite place; but where it is, we do not know."
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Hell

Logically, if you don't know where something is, you can't say for sure if it's real. That's basic physics. Without observing a particle directly you can't measure its properties or say anything definitive about it. It's the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. If they knew absolutely Hell was real, they'd know where it was and what it's like.

If Hell is real and contains fire it has to have an atmosphere (fire requires oxygen to burn.) So it'd have to be on or in a planet. Could it be the center of our Earth? Sure. Is it? Best answer I've found is my own, "I don't know - I've never died before." :)

Personally though if Hell is 'being removed from the sight of God' the only thing we know of in the universe that meets that defintion is a black hole where even light cannot escape, so very much removed from the sight of everything else even God.

Last edited:
I believe in evil.

I believe that when I was 5 I saw a "shadow person" chase me across the house. I believe that I had nightmares about the incident the next 29 years. It was demonic, and as evil as are some mortal men.

The spiritual realm is real and principalities, demons, such things as you experienced are all real, R.C.Christian. I am sorry for your experience. Sometimes things like that happen if you move into a house that was formerly used for the occult, a mass murder some violence taking place, seance meetings, any occult articles left behind could attract demonic spirits, it could be cursed items in the house like an item dedicated to Lucifer.

I recall one young mans mother calling me to come to their home and pray over her sons room. He was being attacked by a demonic spirit and refused to sleep in his room and slept on the couch. Her son was grown, not a small child. I brought some anointing oil and prayed over each room but I did not sense anything out of order. The woman was a Christian and so was her son although her husband was not. The last room I went to was her sons room. She said, this is his room and when she opened the door it was like a real chill in the air and pure evil. I think I even said, Whoa! Because I was a bit surprised! lol...

The Holy Spirit pointed out to me the boxes that were on the floor and I said what is in those boxes? She said my husbands records. The Holy Spirit said Sympathy for the devil. I said, you've got a record in there called Sympathy for the devil? Yes, she said. Those are my husbands records and he has alot of rock albums in those boxes. I said, take it out and burn it. She said he would not do that - he would take them to a storage warehouse and put them out of the house. So I bound the spirits in the room, anointed the room with oil - ( you need to anoint your doors and windows and every opening to house with anointing oil and seal the house with prayer ) and they removed the boxes and the young man returned to his room and never had another problem. It is all very simple. There need not be any drama about cleansing a house of such things. Christians have all authority OVER evil spirits. Just remove anything that is evil and not of God, cast the spirits out of there and anoint the house. Problem solved! :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Nothing in the Bible can prove itself anymore than something in a Harry Potter novel proves the existence of elves, unicorns, or trolls. Next...

"Where is hell? Some were of opinion that hell is everywhere, that the damned are at liberty to roam about in the entire universe, but that they carry their punishment with
them...

However, that opinion is universally and deservedly rejected; for it is more in keeping with their state of punishment that the damned be limited in their movements and confined to a definite place. Moreover, if hell is a real fire, it cannot be everywhere, especially after the consummation of the world, when heaven and earth shall have been made anew. As to its locality all kinds of conjectures have been made; it has been suggested that hell is situated on some far island of the sea, or at the two poles of the earth; Swinden, anEnglishman of the eighteenth century, fancied it was in the sun; some assigned it to the moon, others to Mars; others placed it beyond the confines of the universe [Wiest, "Instit. theol.", VI (1789), 869]. The Bible seems to indicate that hell is within the earth, for it describes hell as an abyss to which the wicked descend. We even read of the earth opening and of the wicked sinking down into hell (Numbers 16:31 sqq.; Psalm 54:16; Isaiah 5:14; Ezekiel 26:20; Philippians 2:10, etc.). Is this merely a metaphor to illustrate the state of separation from God? Although God is omnipresent, He is said to dwell in heaven, because the light and grandeur of the stars and the firmament are the brightest manifestations of His infinite splendour. But the damned are utterly estranged from God; hence their abode is said to be as remote as possible from his dwelling, far from heaven above and its light, and consequently hidden away in the dark abysses of the earth. However, no cogent reason has been advanced for accepting a metaphorical interpretation in preference to the most natural meaning of the words of Scripture. Hence theologians generally accept the opinion that hell is really within the earth. The Church has decided nothing on this subject; hence we may say hell is a definite place; but where it is, we do not know."

Logically, if you don't know where something is, you can't say for sure if it's real. That's basic physics. Without observing a particle directly you can't measure its properties or say anything definitive about it. It's the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. If they knew absolutely Hell was real, they'd know where it was and what it's like.

If Hell is real and contains fire it has to have an atmosphere (fire requires oxygen to burn.) So it'd have to be on or in a planet. Could it be the center of our Earth? Sure. Is it? Best answer I've found is my own, "I don't know - I've never died before." :)

Personally though if Hell is 'being removed from the sight of God' the only thing we know of in the universe that meets that defintion is a black hole where even light cannot escape, so very much removed from the sight of everything else even God.

Well as you mentioned on the board that you didn't own a bible, Delta, I'd suggest you buy one. Hell is mentioned over 400 times in the Old Testament and in the New Testament even more times although I forget the exact number of times. Jesus warned about hell repeatedly in the New Testament. It is not uncommon for those who have decided upon a life opposed to the laws of God to deny His existence, the existence of hell and therein ease their conscience from the discomfort of knowing that the day will come when whatever they are doing will be judged and rewarded accordingly. Which might be why some have become so determined to deny its existence. That was the testimony heard by John Bunyan - when he was given Visions of Both Heaven and Hell. He wrote a book about it. Bunyan was a man of very great reputation - a highly respected Christian who wrote the classic, Pilgrims Progress. Scholars have been trying to discredit his testimony of Visions of Heaven and Hell for many years - to no avail - I might add.

I don't believe in evil. I believe in mental illness.

Yet David Berkowitz was not mentally ill. He was demon possessed and when he accepted Christ he came to his right mind and was delivered. He said so in his testimony. He was a member of the same satanic coven Charles Manson family was a member of Church of the Final **** in Staten Island - Charles Manson family was a member of the same Church in California. His own followers admitted to being members and there have been documentaries done on his occult abilities such as stopping the watch of one of the prosecutors during the trial. He was raised in the occult which is not well known but his exposure to it happened while he was in a boys home which later became infamously known for the sexual abuse and SRA type abuse going on in the home. So Manson was actually demon possessed, Esmeralda, and last I heard, he still is. In fact if you look up Serial Killers and the Occult you will find that over 100 of the most famous serial killers of all time in America admitted to being involved in some form of the occult, satanism, etc. after they were caught and incarcerated. So there is a reason for evil. And it isn't just a matter of insanity. Of course if you would include moral insanity I would have to agree with you!

Last edited:

them...

Well as you mentioned on the board that you didn't own a bible, Delta, I'd suggest you buy one. Hell is mentioned over 400 times in the Old Testament and in the New Testament even more times although I forget the exact number of times. Jesus warned about hell repeatedly in the New Testament. It is not uncommon for those who have decided upon a life opposed to the laws of God to deny His existence, the existence of hell and therein ease their conscience from the discomfort of knowing that the day will come when whatever they are doing will be judged and rewarded accordingly. Which might be why some have become so determined to deny its existence. That was the testimony heard by John Bunyan - when he was given Visions of Both Heaven and Hell. He wrote a book about it. Bunyan was a man of very great reputation - a highly respected Christian who wrote the classic, Pilgrims Progress. Scholars have been trying to discredit his testimony of Visions of Heaven and Hell for many years - to no avail - I might add.

The word 'Hell' may appear in OTs, but being the OT is a bastardized version of the Jewish Tanach I wouldn't rely upon it. In an original Tanach, 'Hell' doesn't appear once.

Why buy a Bible when every Bible ever written is available online? Including ones we could never afford to buy being originals or unique versions?

I don't deny God's existence, just religions being accurate about him. God existed before any religion did. Since religions as we think of them didn't exist before Man invented writing, but God existed along with Man LONG before we invented writing, it's logical God's 'real' religion for us is discernable without religions as described in books.

them...

The word 'Hell' may appear in OTs, but being the OT is a bastardized version of the Jewish Tanach I wouldn't rely upon it. In an original Tanach, 'Hell' doesn't appear once.

Why buy a Bible when every Bible ever written is available online? Including ones we could never afford to buy being originals or unique versions?

I don't deny God's existence, just religions being accurate about him. God existed before any religion did. Since religions as we think of them didn't exist before Man invented writing, but God existed along with Man LONG before we invented writing, it's logical God's 'real' religion for us is discernable without religions as described in books.

I SEE YOU are still wasting your life trying to argue and fight against ALMIGHTY GOD AND GOD'S WORD. What do you use for brains??

no ... there are people who feel that they are the ones who makes dicisions for all and if you don't accept that they wioll do what ever they can to gwet rid of you... its all about their personal wants

Yes, it is called the law of the Land. Obey the law you won't have to worry about them getting rid of you, Billyerock.

Another problem solved. Next?

Yes and no.

There are evil people out there, that is undeniable. If pressed, I would say that most people have the potential to be evil, but that does not mean everyone has a seed of evil inside them. There are people out there that are just as good as the evil people are evil.

Good and Evil are subjective delusions that do not exist.
However...
Such delusions have their uses.​

Really?

How do you explain ISIL? Are we all being deluded into thinking that what they are doing is evil? Do you honestly think an organization that keeps women as slaves because they are have different beliefs are moral in some way? If so, I would be happy to buy you a ticket so you could fly over and explain your concept of good and evil being fictions of the imagination to them. I am sure that they, not actually being evil, will be happy to accept your religious beliefs with open arms.

Judaism teaches we can be good sometimes or evil we have the choice. There is No concept in Judaism of original sin. Another thing to take into account is mental illness as persons driving force of destruction , thus what we call evil

You think people with mental illnesses are evil? How enlightened of you. Perhaps we should go back to locking everyone who has a mental illness up so that you are more comfortable.

I don't believe in evil. I believe in mental illness.

Another enlightened poster who would love to see people locked up in sanatoriums.

Hate to burst your delusion, but the fact that people do things you do not like does not mean they are mentally ill, or even mentally challenged.

Objectively/empirically, no. As a word used to relate to an action, yes.

Empirically, there is no good or evil, only actions and consequences. The good or evil is relative. As with the differentiating between a soldier killing in a war, and a terrorist killing while not a solider or in a war. Identical action, different terminology though. So one might be said to be good (if the soldier's on 'your side') while the other's said to be 'evil' if the terrorist isn't on your side. But the relativity is demonstrated by how 'our side' is always the 'good guys,' and 'their side' is always the bad guys. Terrorists aren't gunning each other down haphazardly because from their pov they're the 'good guys.' And we're the bad guys.

God's another example. People who believe in God say he's 'good.' But if you or I wiped out every living thing in a city, or the whole world we'd probably be called 'evil.' Same action, same consequence, but different definition. That's the relative nature and why neither term is objectively sound.

How do you explain the fact that ISIL is killing people who they claim worship the devil under your though patterns that evil does not exist? Why do you prefer to live in a world that denies facts?

them...

You do know that this post is totally irrelevant to the discussion, don't you? You might like to pretend that good and evil only exist inside the context of religious beliefs, but that doesn't change the fact that good and evil are as real as anything else you consider real.

Evil exists, just as goodness exists. Both characteristics reside in the body of every human being, with some individuals exhibiting very little good.

I believe some people are born from a bad seed.

Those who hurt, harm, torment, torture the least of us, those who cannot fight back.

Children and animals.

It is inherent or learned?

I s'pose there are both.

I LOVE THIS SCRIPTURE===10 And the devil who had deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are; and they shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Revelation 20:10

Oh jeez.

"... tormented day and night, for ever and ever ..."

That's the very definition of evil.

Forum List

Back