Votes: 32 53.3%
  • A little, not a lot

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Not really

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • No, we've done enough already

Votes: 21 35.0%

• Total voters
Then where is BLM regarding black on black murders. The silence in the inner cities on that issue is deafening. The group doesn't want any honest discussion as that might take self reflection instead of deflection. Do all lives matter to BLM. So far their actions and rhetoric would prove otherwise.
The silence of BLM on the issue of police killings of innocents who aren't black is deafening.

BLM sees only skin color. BLM is racist.

Last edited:
Why do so many of you equate civil rights with "doing something that only benefits black people?"

You'd be more likely to get a unified response if you broaden the question of Civil Rights into the larger question of Civil Liberties. It's because of the observation that I gave before, that you've apparently skipped right over. That is -- that ALL people should have recourse against incompetent, inflexible, and uncaring govt administration of justice. And when the RECOURSE against having bad charges and bad warrants apply to EVERYBODY.. When massive spy palaces are being built to collect bulk data on EVERYONE are opposed. When inconsistent and poorly adjudicated drug laws are reformed for EVERYONE. When the criminal justice has better "customer relations" for EVERYONE.. When EVERYONE is free from asset forfeiture and eminent domain abuses..

That's why so many Civil Libertarians would rather JOIN with you on Civil Liberties, than on just Civil Rights. Because the latter is currently handled AS a race issue by the "system"..

Do you believe that civil rights needs more attention, or it already have had enough and it's time to move on?

Why/why not?

I think all the recent evidence is that there IS oppression. Not so much race based as class based. If you read the Federal report on Ferguson for instance you'll find the MAIN source of oppression is a local govt that had an average of 3 outstanding warrants and 1.5 arrests per household. A system where MOST of those warrants were garbage or clerical errors. A system where someone TRYING to pay off a fine in installments had their money returned and their asses thrown in jail. .

There is a CLEAR pattern of oppression from muni govts that try to run by the SAME rules as wealthier towns or suburbs. And the irony of all that is of course -- that these victims just love them some MORE big muscular govt with piss poor "customer service" and lack of innovation.. And they VOTE that way -- all the fucking time.

That "innovation" has to come from recognizing that problems that LOOK like "racial oppression" are often clearly --- something else entirely.. And it has to come from folks that THINK emancipated and better represented.
Then it IS race based, but this race in this location (as in most) happens to be locked in an endless chain of poverty and crime.

Wilson was lunatic when he emptied his pistol into Brown however.

I can't believe he thought he would get away with this. It has cost him his police career. He is lucky it did not cost him more.

You're missing the larger picture of despair and anger that CREATES anti-law attitudes in those communities. And that is what I was addressing. Ferguson ran their entire "justice system" incompetently and arrogantly. And that problem was NOT "race based".. It's a failure of government that plagues MOST working poor communities in the US. NOT ---- just the black ones. You "cop to" Brown's attitude that got him killed after a LIFETIME of being abused and oppressed by an incompetent justice system. And seeing that abuse eat away at lives in the community. But it's NOT racism.. That's why the SAME attitudes against the justice system prevail in BLACK RUN cities and towns.

I believe in actual equality. People throw civil rights around loosely. Losing its meaning..
Like it is ones "civil right" to deface private property. Or "im fighting for their civil rights! They deserve special treatment!"
Guess it just depends on how insane your interpretation of what civil rights is.

I believe in equal rights...as long as civil rights legislation is EQUAL...then yes. Which is why Affirmative Action legislation and all racist/sexist legislation like it should be repealed.

I believe in equal rights...as long as civil rights legislation is EQUAL...then yes. Which is why Affirmative Action legislation and all racist/sexist legislation like it should be repealed.
Fight for equality just to demand special rights.
Its completely absurd.

Do you believe that civil rights needs more attention, or it already have had enough and it's time to move on?

Why/why not?
I think many minorities have stopped believing in attaining full Civil Rights. The promise of civil rights is like a beautiful apparition that you can almost touch but evaporates the moment you reach for it.

Why/why not?
I think many minorities have stopped believing in attaining full Civil Rights. The promise of civil rights is like a beautiful apparition that you can almost touch but evaporates the moment you reach for it.

And legislation like Affirmative Action keep equal rights a distant hope

Why/why not?

We need to enforce the law period. The amount of melanin in ones skin, or the slant of their eyes, has absolutely no bearing upon anything. If they break the law or cause a disturbance, arrest and prosecute them!

Why/why not?
We have them. Stop fighting for rights you already have.
They are fighting to KEEP the rights they already have. Things ranging from voter suppression to being forced to live in toxic areas of a city marks the disdain for civil rights heaped upon non Whites by White governance.

Why/why not?

We need to enforce the law period. The amount of melanin in ones skin, or the slant of their eyes, has absolutely no bearing upon anything. If they break the law or cause a disturbance, arrest and prosecute them!
As long as the laws are enforced fairly without regard to one's race or ethnic background, I agree. Can you name such a place ...preferably one where diverse populations commingle?

They are fighting to KEEP the rights they already have. Things ranging from voter suppression to being forced to live in toxic areas of a city marks the disdain for civil rights heaped upon non Whites by White governance.

I agree, Democrats in the 60's, 70's and 80's packing minorities like sardines in deserted areas away from whites was a national disgrace. Many blacks are still suffering from it.

Why/why not?

As long as the laws are enforced fairly without regard to one's race or ethnic background, I agree. Can you name such a place ...preferably one where diverse populations commingle?

Sure, Arizona, California, Colorado, and about 47 more!

Why/why not?

AA was meant to be an equalizer... a tool for giving qualified minorities and women, including White women, the chance to assimilate through equal opportunity. White women benefited most . So what is your gripe? Without AA , millions of white males would be struggling on a singe income.Now,thanks to AA, their wives can bring in as much or more money than THEY do. You ought to be overjoyed that AA was implemented.

Why/why not?

AA was meant to be an equalizer... a tool for giving qualified minorities and women, including White women, the chance to assimilate through equal opportunity. White women benefited most . So what is your gripe? Without AA , millions of white males would be struggling on a singe income.Now,thanks to AA, their wives can bring in as much or more money than THEY do. You ought to be overjoyed that AA was implemented.

Nope. No one should be overjoyed in the least for any gain that owes itself to the detriment of someone else.

But nice try to spin your way out of it and deflect the fact that minorities living in terrible areas is wholly due to liberal social engineering of past decades. Period.

Forum List

Back