Zone1 Do you believe in a PAYG society

I would who heartedly opt out of tax payers money going to such things as asylum seekers, illegal immigration, abortion etc.. Anyone who champions those can foot the cost.

And the topic is not solely aimed at the US and UK. Switzerland is more direct democracy, so important public decisions are put to the people via a referendum, the people decide. Like I said, where there's tax payers money involved, take that idea forward so those that vote "yes/for" can share the cost of that decision.

I am sure there are plenty of people who want to know how people vote individually for their purity and enemies list. I am not one of them. If you don't want to support anything, have no taxable income. Problem solved.

I am sure there are plenty of people who want to know how people vote individually for their purity and enemies list. I am not one of them. If you don't want to support anything, have no taxable income. Problem solved.
Someone who says yes to a,b,c and has no income to cover the cost, just simply has a government debt against them and poor credit rating. If they wish that, their choice.

Yet you provide no solutions to your perceived problems in implementing such a system.
I have a pretty good solution to any perceived problems in implementing such a system: Don't implement that system.

It gives more voting power to people with money. It would force voters who can't afford their choice to either lose their vote or their financial security. It gives those in power a method in which they can simply surcharge their opposition out of power forever. It would open wide new avenues for graft, and it would serve to limit who can vote and who can't, which is the exact opposite of what we've been doing for the past 234 years.

Thinking outside of the box is good. The consideration of new ideas is good. This one, though, doesn't work.

Hmmmm….could work….those who oppose gun regulation would have to be the ones who pay all the costs of gun violence.

In reality though…chaos. But great topic!

The thread premise is idiocy.

And no one ‘favors’ illegal immigrants, whatever that’s supposed to mean.

Conservatives are truly incapable of sound, responsible governance.

Not idiocy, simply brining up an idea for discussion and debate......

Forum List

Back