Do you agree with this statement

Do you agree with this statement

• Total voters
A president of the United States must have full immunity, without which it would be impossible for him/her to properly function. Any mistake, even if well intended, would be met with almost certain indictment by the opposing party at term end. Even events that 'cross the line' must fall under total immunity, or it will be years of trauma trying to determine good from bad.

I think lying should be an impeachable offence.

A president of the United States must have full immunity, without which it would be impossible for him/her to properly function. Any mistake, even if well intended, would be met with almost certain indictment by the opposing party at term end. Even events that 'cross the line' must fall under total immunity, or it will be years of trauma trying to determine good from bad.
It Works in Fact, But Not in Theory

This is the "Biden can legally round up and execute all Republican Congress members and political candidates so Run Trump! Run!" Defense. Not a well thought out argument...
That would not be a mistake.

Do you believe the voters would dismiss such an atrocity?

No where does it say Impeachment is limited to the time in office.

Yes, we WILL weaponize the DOJ. You at least got that part right. Turnabout is fair play.
There’s no turnabout. You’re reacting to a false narrative about “weaponization” pushed by corrupt Republicans in an attempt to convince you they’re innocent.

You’re on the wrong side here.

Biden doesn't have any illegal immigrants. I own my home. And if an immigrant family moves next door, I'm inviting them to a BBQ.
"Biden doesn't have any illegal immigrants?"

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Biden doesn't have any illegal immigrants. I own my home. And if an immigrant family moves next door, I'm inviting them to a BBQ.
Why wait until they move next door and why just invite them to a barbecue?

Invite many homeless illegals to move in to that home you own. Post proof you did that.

That’s what Democrats insist Texas has to do. Put up or shut up.

There’s no turnabout. You’re reacting to a false narrative about “weaponization” pushed by corrupt Republicans in an attempt to convince you they’re innocent.

You’re on the wrong side here.
No, absolutely not. Let me guess, you also ignore the mountain of evidence with Joe Bidens corruption too? Nah, your weak protestations are not going to save you from payback. We will use novel legal theories and shit to go after democrats.

You won’t find any democrat who ever thought any president couldn’t be prosecuted for violating the law without an impeachment first.

Before Trump started arguing this, you wouldn’t find any Republican saying it either. But now Trump says it so you all clap along like a bunch of trained seals.

Fun fact, Trump was acquitted in his impeachment trial.

You'd suddenly get that if the parties were flipped, which was my point. Thanks for proving my point, vermin

Fun fact, Trump was acquitted in his impeachment trial.

You'd suddenly get that if the parties were flipped, which was my point. Thanks for proving my point, vermin
Fun fact. Republicans, including Trump’s own lawyers said he should be acquitted because he’s no longer president and therefore subject to criminal prosecution.

I wouldn’t change anything if the parties are flipped because I don’t defend criminals.

Biden, Obama, Bush and Clinton need to be held to account for their crimes in office

No, absolutely not. Let me guess, you also ignore the mountain of evidence with Joe Bidens corruption too? Nah, your weak protestations are not going to save you from payback. We will use novel legal theories and shit to go after democrats.
Your mountain of evidence with Biden is very similar to your evidence with Obama. It’s assumptions and opinions masquerading as fact. You use the excuse that “there is no other explanation” to justify believing whatever you wanted to believe.

Your novel legal theories are useless without facts. Unless your novel legal theory is that facts are necessary in courts anymore, in which case you’re merely furthering our progress towards fascism.

Fun fact. Republicans, including Trump’s own lawyers said he should be acquitted because he’s no longer president and therefore subject to criminal prosecution.

I wouldn’t change anything if the parties are flipped because I don’t defend criminals.

So that means he no longer has Constitutional protections. Sure it does, vermin.

I'm going to enjoy them putting Biden in jail for providing aid and comfort to the enemy by letting Chinese, Russian, North Korean, Iranian and any other terrorist nation or individual terrorist walk across our borders.

Biden is obviously guilty, which you say meets the Constitutional standard, vermin

Good! Then we can try Barack Obama for murder and war crimes in the drone strike that killed the 16-year-old son of American citizen Anwar al-Awlaki in Yemen, as well as his first strike on Yemen that killed 55 people including 21 children, 10 of which were under the age of five. Additionally, there were 12 women, five of them pregnant, who were also among those who were murdered in this strike. These blundered acts of murder by not only President Obama, but the U.S. government, are morally reprehensible.

Then we can move on to Joe Biden, who committed quid pro quo while dealing with Ukraine while he was Vice President. As well as all those classified documents he had scattered all over the place. Vice Presidents have no business being in possession of classified documents.
Presidential immunity is not 'absolute’ – no one is above the law, including president.

And Trump’s crimes – while in office and out – had nothing to do with his official duties.

Which is a 100% political process and if the POTUS in power has his party in control of Congress they are now 100% above the law.
Correct.

Which is why Trump’s lawyers’ ‘argument’ is specious and devoid of merit – that a president can’t be subject to criminal prosecution absent conviction by the Senate during the impeachment process.

Because impeachment is a political – not judicial/legal – process, a president convicted in the Senate isn’t subject to punishment or punitive measures by the state; indeed, he resigns from office and goes home to live his private life, write a memoir, and plans his presidential library.

In fact, a president can be removed from office via the impeachment process absent criminal wrongdoing; and if removed from office because of criminal wrongdoing, he would be subject to prosecution via the judicial process, separate and apart from impeachment.

No
The problem isn't the President.
The problem is a corrupt system that seeks to undermine the Presidency.
It began during Reagan to the point of insanity, and has plagued each President ever since.

He knowingly executed a 16 year old minor US citizen with no trial, no jury.
The irony – you’re accusing President Obama of ‘executing’ someone absent affording him a trial, jury, or due process.

You’ve also got to problems with this: one, the courts would not prosecute President Obama pursuant to Political Question doctrine.

Two, President Obama acted in his official capacity by taking action to eliminate a potential terrorist threat. Because President Obama acted in his official capacity, immunity would apply.

That’s not the case with Trump, who committed treasonous, historic crimes, attempting to overturn a presidential election, disenfranchise millions of Americans, and disrupt the peaceful transfer of power, having nothing to do with his duties as president, outside of his official capacity – consequently, immunity doesn’t apply.

The Constitution already answers that...

Article I, Section 3

Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

The Constitution already answers that...

Article I, Section 3
Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

so, you are saying that an impeachment conviction is necessary for the rest to happen?

Forum List

Back