Do we need a constitutional convention to remove the second Amendment?

You've just said exactly nothing.

The Supremacy Clause of the Constitution, in combination with the Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade, makes it unconstitutional for any state to ban all abortion.

The 2nd Amendment makes it unconstitutional for states to ban all gun ownership.

In principle, why do you side with states rights in one case and big central government in the other?
So, you fucked up -- and it's MY fault. :lmao:

In principle, I believe RvW is not based on the Constitution...so why should I support it? To assuage your petulant whining?

Not happening, Zippy. Get used to it.

In principle, you believe in small government and states rights, until it conflicts with your agenda, and then you believe in big government and fuck the states.
Didn't I tell you I wasn't going to assuage your petulant whining?

Let's look at your principles, shall we?

You support abortion, based on a right recently discovered in the Constitution, and oppose the 2nd Amendment, which was in there since the beginning.

And you pretend you don't have an agenda? :lmao:

So, you fucked up -- and it's MY fault. :lmao:

In principle, I believe RvW is not based on the Constitution...so why should I support it? To assuage your petulant whining?

Not happening, Zippy. Get used to it.

In principle, you believe in small government and states rights, until it conflicts with your agenda, and then you believe in big government and fuck the states.

You support abortion, based on a right recently discovered in the Constitution, and oppose the 2nd Amendment, which was in there since the beginning.

Show me where I ever said I oppose the 2nd amendment.

Show me where I ever said I oppose the 2nd amendment.
Aren't you wanting to limit it to make your butthurt better?

Your posts stand on their own merits daveman. Appealing to rep really makes no sense even to me. That said, it makes at least as much sense as the left's explanation of what the Constitution means.

Your posts stand on their own merits daveman. Appealing to rep really makes no sense even to me. That said, it makes at least as much sense as the left's explanation of what the Constitution means.
Thanks, but my point was that rep is a gauge of how many people agree with a poster...and that more people agree with me than with Fakey. :lol:

I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of Fakey's rep comes from his fellow leftists.

daveman is davying: he is using his crony rep count as something other than what it means ~ radical cronies rep whoring for each other.

What a stupid measure by dave. What an idiot.

Then the sane mainstream people here correct him and he whines. :lol:

I own several firearms and am licensed to carry a concealed weapon. I never allow anyone to see it, as it may cause concern. I never threaten anyone, nor get inebriated (as guns and liquor don't mix). I own guns as a sport at the firing range and carry as a means of protection, should the possibility occur, but have no desire to harm anyone. I feel that I am a typical gun owner. There are 270 million guns in the hands of about 65 million private gun owners. Tens of thousands in each state, are responsible people who have licenses to carry concealed weapons and are no threat to you, or anyone else, except a person that they may be a threat to someone who would want to rob you, or shoot up a store or fast food place. Police are a reactionary force. They come "after" a violent crime has been initiated and often, the perpetrator has left. A gun owner who is there when a crime occurs can possibly stop the crime in progress and there are instances of such occurances.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z5JFc8-TQM]Boom Boom Fire Power - YouTube[/ame]

Your state could regulate guns any way it wanted if there were no 2nd amendment.

You want abortion left up to the states by getting rid of Roe v. Wade? You want same sex marriage left up the states?

Why don't you want gun control left up the states?

...then again you may be one of those conservatives who want the Constitution to ban abortion and gay marriage.
The Second Amendment exists. Therefore, your alleged argument is invalid.

That has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about the principle. Of states rights. Why do guys like you selectively invoke the principle of states rights based on whether or not it suits your agenda?

Why, in PRINCIPLE, shouldn't a specific state be able to ban private ownership of handguns, if that is what the People of that state wanted,

much in the same way a specific state might want to ban all abortion?

btw, a state cannot now ban all abortion because the right to an abortion EXISTS in constitutional law...

you have no street smart.....Connecticut has one of the most stringent laws on the books yet the evil was able to bypass A nursery school protection with high anti gun laws

have you learned anything........... street presence?

Thanks, but my point was that rep is a gauge of how many people agree with a poster...and that more people agree with me than with Fakey. :lol:

I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of Fakey's rep comes from his fellow leftists.

and how many people agree with you is meaningless when the board has been overrun by rightwingnut loons.

i'm pretty sure.. no, i'm absolutely sure... you don't get rep from anyone who is moderate or left-leaning anymore.

but please, go hang in the coffee shop.

The second amendment's presumed right to own weapons is the biggest con of an interest group in American history. When 'freedom' is mentioned the wingnuts salivate, what freedom means in the context of society never occurs to them for thought eludes an empty head. Oddly Joe Scarborough has seen something of the light.

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state." http://72.52.208.92/~gbpprorg/obama/Cass_Sunstein_Quotes.pdf

One conservative thought this weekend. Joe Scarborough: Newtown Shooting Made 'Ideologies Of My Past' On Guns Irrelevant (VIDEO)

_

and how many people agree with you is meaningless when the board has been overrun by rightwingnut loons.

i'm pretty sure.. no, i'm absolutely sure... you don't get rep from anyone who is moderate or left-leaning anymore.

but please, go hang in the coffee shop.
Ahhh. So only lefties' rep is important and indicative of their standing in the community.

:lmao:

But it's not at all surprising that YET ANOTHER LEFTY rushes to Fakey's defense.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The second amendment's presumed right to own weapons is the biggest con of an interest group in American history. When 'freedom' is mentioned the wingnuts salivate, what freedom means in the context of society never occurs to them for thought eludes an empty head. Oddly Joe Scarborough has seen something of the light.

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state." http://72.52.208.92/~gbpprorg/obama/Cass_Sunstein_Quotes.pdf

One conservative thought this weekend. Joe Scarborough: Newtown Shooting Made 'Ideologies Of My Past' On Guns Irrelevant (VIDEO)

_
Tough shit for you, huh?

The leftist dream is a disarmed American populace.

It will never happen.

The Second Amendment exists. Therefore, your alleged argument is invalid.

That has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about the principle. Of states rights. Why do guys like you selectively invoke the principle of states rights based on whether or not it suits your agenda?

Why, in PRINCIPLE, shouldn't a specific state be able to ban private ownership of handguns, if that is what the People of that state wanted,

much in the same way a specific state might want to ban all abortion?

btw, a state cannot now ban all abortion because the right to an abortion EXISTS in constitutional law...

you have no street smart.....Connecticut has one of the most stringent laws on the books yet the evil was able to bypass A nursery school protection with high anti gun laws

have you learned anything........... street presence?

All the guns used were legally owned and registered. The well armed owner of these weapons was the first victim.

And the states with the least amount of gun regulations, and highest percentage of gun ownership also have the highest rates of gun crime.

Forum List

Back