Do we need a constitutional convention to remove the second Amendment?

I own several firearms and am licensed to carry a concealed weapon. I never allow anyone to see it, as it may cause concern. I never threaten anyone, nor get inebriated (as guns and liquor don't mix). I own guns as a sport at the firing range and carry as a means of protection, should the possibility occur, but have no desire to harm anyone. I feel that I am a typical gun owner. There are 270 million guns in the hands of about 65 million private gun owners. Tens of thousands in each state, are responsible people who have licenses to carry concealed weapons and are no threat to you, or anyone else, except a person that they may be a threat to someone who would want to rob you, or shoot up a store or fast food place. Police are a reactionary force. They come "after" a violent crime has been initiated and often, the perpetrator has left. A gun owner who is there when a crime occurs can possibly stop the crime in progress and there are instances of such occurances.

Isn't that sweet. You are a responsible gun owner.

Isn't that what the NRA (or you) would have said about the killers mom in Conn?

How many times have you stopped a crime with your gun? I ask because I hear that shit all the time and yet, of ALL the gun owners I know, which is quite a few, I don't know even ONE that stopped the crime they are afraid of. Including me. So how about you?

I do remember when my brother in law got into a big argument over rent with a couple tenants. It got real heated, he showed the butt of his gun under his jacket. They laughed, went in the house and got a MAC 10 and he got in his truck and left. Quickly. Sure was effective.

Or how about the nephew who lived in a rough neighborhood. Went to borrow a cup of milk. True story. He tucked his pistol in his waste band. Walked up on a porch where 5 guys were sitting. One saw the gun butt. Ended up taking the gun from him and ALMOST shooting him with it. Very effective strategy, don't you think?

Yea you big crime stoppers.

davemen is dayving along, shifting his argument.

The point is that rep count means nothing to the validity of an argument.

Thanks for playing.

Thanks, but my point was that rep is a gauge of how many people agree with a poster...and that more people agree with me than with Fakey. :lol:

I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of Fakey's rep comes from his fellow leftists.

and how many people agree with you is meaningless when the board has been overrun by rightwingnut loons.

i'm pretty sure.. no, i'm absolutely sure... you don't get rep from anyone who is moderate or left-leaning anymore.

but please, go hang in the coffee shop.
Ahhh. So only lefties' rep is important and indicative of their standing in the community.

:lmao:

But it's not at all surprising that YET ANOTHER LEFTY rushes to Fakey's defense.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

daveman is davying: he is using his crony rep count as something other than what it means ~ radical cronies rep whoring for each other.

What a stupid measure by dave. What an idiot.

Then the sane mainstream people here correct him and he whines. :lol:

I call them like I see them. Sometimes that means rapped knuckles on the right. Rep is not a motivator for me pro or con. I do my share of heavy lifting in the political threads when I'm around. I've probably been absent here over a year of the time my counter shows.

That said, the rush to modify the Constitution is fading as the topic shifts to a mental health issue.

Forum List

Back