Do religious people still think rock and metal are evil?

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
I remember when i was growing up, i remember preachers would go on about how heavy metal and rock music were satanic and such and supported stuff like satanism,homosexuality,mocking god, the occult and such.

But seems like people forgot about rock and metal being evil.

I'm probably showing my age, but i remember when people thought that the music was evil.

Most metal lyrics today are pretty dark. And most emo rock, punk, metal etc bands are atheist.
I think the argument makes more sense now, then back then lol.
"ZOMG an electric guitar is going to make you want to suck a dick and sacrifice a goat!" :rolleyes:

I'm just glad grunge faded away.

It should come as no surprise that it originated in the same place out in the northwest where so many of the Marxists are also raising hell and making life miserable for everyone around them these days.

All that miserable noise really accomplished was to create a new generation of people who were completely happy to be whiny, complaining, neurotic, bitchy males in dirty flannel shirts and scruffy beards who hate everything, including their own lives.

Of course, they made everyone else around them miserable as well.

I want my happy, feel good rock n roll back. For the most part it kept going overseas so it's out there, but now we have the aftermath of the misery inducing grunge to have to deal with in society.

Bad element. Bad energy...

I raise a toast every April 5th and say God Bless America, one less misery inducing turd to fuck up my happy mood.

Last edited:
Really, it's the heatherns who run the music industry itself whom dictate and guide cultural decline by promoting that misery inducing noise.

But that's a much deeper discussion.

I'm just glad grunge faded away.

It should come as no surprise that it originated in the same place out in the northwest where so many of the marxists are also raising hell and making life miserable for everyone these days.

All that miserable noise really accomplished was to create a new generation of people who were completely happy to be whiny, complaining, neurotic, bitchy males in dirty flannel shirts and scruffy beards who hate everything, including their own lives.

Of course, they made everyone else around them mserable as well.

I want my happy, feel good rock n roll back. For the most part it ket going overseas so it's out there, but now we have the aftermath of the misery inducing grunge t ohave to deal with in society.

Bad element. Bad energy.

Yup.

I noticed in the United States, that Metal isn't popular at all. Pop and Rap seem popular here.

But over in Europe, UK,Scandinavia, Metal is still a way of life.

And over in Europe, new bands that play metal are forming almost daily.

And i have noticed this, but in the United States, if i play something by Sabaton or Nightwish on my guitar people are like Meh or i am making noise or just playing random notes. But as soon as i play Taylor Swift or such, they are like "you should be on american idol or you are playing my favorite song"

According to my Father, they use to say the same about Jazz. Any thing can be evil to you if you have a weakness for it. Music , food, booze, or watching TV or the internet . Thats what most preachers are trying to get accross to people.

Hardly matters anymore since the satanic stuff has permeated all society. The left loves sacrificing the unborn to its gods of self and Mememe.
Ruining children, exploiting our youth, elevating perversion and corruption in government and society where none of us are safe any longer.. usurping our freedoms, putting the nation and our people at risk. Foul, corrupt judges and politicians ruining the land. They want our kids. They need our kids to complete the destruction.

I remember when i was growing up, i remember preachers would go on about how heavy metal and rock music were satanic and such and supported stuff like satanism,homosexuality,mocking god, the occult and such.

But seems like people forgot about rock and metal being evil.

I'm probably showing my age, but i remember when people thought that the music was evil.

Why would it bother you if we did? Some of it definitely is....but then you'd have to be a Christian to understand why.

Yup.

I noticed in the United States, that Metal isn't popular at all. Pop and Rap seem popular here.

A lot of that is very 80ish, too. I have a lot of stuff by those bands. Good stuff.

Puts me in my happy place...

I am fairly eclectic when it comes to music, it just depends on my mood at the time. There are some great gospel songs, but there also some enjoyable Heavy Metal/Death Metal bands that I enjoy.
Example:
Amazing Grace.....beautiful.
Down to the River to Pray.....lovely.
Hymn....lovely.
Heavy Metal Bands:
AC/DC.
Nightwish.
Rammstein.
As I say, it just depends on the mood I'm in at the time.
Oh yes, for the record, I'm an Atheist.

Half the reason Metal even exists with it's gimmicky Satanism is that the church ladies turned out to be best music promoters ever. Just because some drunk jackass bites the head off a bat there needs to be boycotts, press conferences and protests. 90% of it is really recycled crap but it's the last frontier of musical parental defiance.

Just like'' Satanic movies'' Like the Omen. Preachers were the best promoters of those movies. Most were hokey and didn't come close to living up to the hype.

Yup.

And over in Europe, new bands that play metal are forming almost daily.

And i have noticed this, but in the United States, if i play something by Sabaton or Nightwish on my guitar people are like Meh or i am making noise or just playing random notes. But as soon as i play Taylor Swift or such, they are like "you should be on american idol or you are playing my favorite song"
You're hanging out with the wrong crowd.

Just like'' Satanic movies'' Like the Omen. Preachers were the best promoters of those movies. Most were hokey and didn't come close to living up to the hype.
"The Exorcist" still creeps me out while everything that came after looks like contrived bullshit. It's the same with metal. I like the originators like Sabbath, Deep Purple and Rainbow but the people they inspired never really measured up.

Hardly matters anymore since the satanic stuff has permeated all society. The left loves sacrificing the unborn to its gods of self and Mememe.
Ruining children, exploiting our youth, elevating perversion and corruption in government and society where none of us are safe any longer.. usurping our freedoms, putting the nation and our people at risk. Foul, corrupt judges and politicians ruining the land. They want our kids. They need our kids to complete the destruction.
artworks-000163744795-9s2nhr-t500x500.jpg

Guitarist Brian Welch from Korn is a practicing Christian, and the bassist Reginald Arvizu gave a testimony that he was prompted to “seek out the Bible”, after his father died. I believe some if not all of the members of POD are Christians, not sure.

Actually if you do a search for Christian metal bands, there are quite a few of them..

heavy metal christian bands - search results

Here's one named "War of Ages."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back