Do OWSers understand what they are calling for is tyranny?

OWS protesters get pepper sprayed for breaking the law and are hailed as heroes. In syria, protesters call for revolution to overthrow a government that is the kind OWS is calling for, many get shot and killed by the government, and die anonymously. You people have no idea the type of horrific tyrannical government that your "revolution" will bring us. What gives YOU the right to choose how others live? Please disband and consider legal means of change, and while you are at it educate yourselves on what liberty really is...it is a government that secures liberty not a government that provides everything to a society of lazy degenerates. These OWSers, like the successful statist uprisings across the world have managed to do nothing to secure liberty, yet have secured tyranny in every country where the people demand free stuff.

What free stuff have they demanded? :eusa_eh:

Democracies give no power to minorities.

Neither does any other form of government. That's why we have the Bill of Rights -- which is designed to give PROTECTION, not power, to minorities.

yeah but you skip an important detail. it is protection...FROM GOVERNMENT. GASP! Thus, the republic, aka rule of law (if you look at the latin roots), is what our constitution preserves. NOT DEMOCRACY.

So you are going to say the dictionary is wrong and you are right?

Yes, your dictionary is wrong.

An Important Distinction: Democracy versus Republic

There is no distinction between democracy and republic. A republic may be either democratic or aristocratic. Those who draw a false distinction between democracy and republic are exhibiting their support for aristocracy.

That includes the tirade you linked.

Big difference between the two. But then again, you propose that we have a new constitution. I do not.

OWS protesters get pepper sprayed for breaking the law and are hailed as heroes. In syria, protesters call for revolution to overthrow a government that is the kind OWS is calling for, many get shot and killed by the government, and die anonymously. You people have no idea the type of horrific tyrannical government that your "revolution" will bring us. What gives YOU the right to choose how others live? Please disband and consider legal means of change, and while you are at it educate yourselves on what liberty really is...it is a government that secures liberty not a government that provides everything to a society of lazy degenerates. These OWSers, like the successful statist uprisings across the world have managed to do nothing to secure liberty, yet have secured tyranny in every country where the people demand free stuff.

what the fuck? Education is a big one. How do you not know this? This has been going on for over a month. Where have you been?

what the fuck? Education is a big one. How do you not know this? This has been going on for over a month. Where have you been?

"Free?" They, what, demanded that teachers and faculty work for free?

LOL holy shit you are an idiot. free tuition, moron. They want government to forgive the loans. Where the hell have you been?

We are a democracy.

Your argument is not with us but with EVERY dictionary and encyclopedia in the world

A federal republic is a federation of states with a republican form of government. A federation is the central government. The states in a federation also maintain the federation. Usage of the term republic is inconsistent but, as a minimum, it means a state or federation of states that does not have a monarch.

In a federal republic, there is a division of powers between the national ("federal") government, and the government of the individual subdivisions. While each federal republic manages this division of powers differently, national security and defense, monetary policy, and other issues of a "national" scope are handled at the "federal" level while more local issues such as road and infrastructure maintenance and education policy are handled at the local level. In other words, while the federal government has ultimate sovereignty, there is a limited sovereignty granted to the subdivisions, where the federal government does not have jurisdiction. This is in contrast to a unitary republic whereby the national government has complete sovereignty over all aspects of political life, with purely administrative subdivisions, and a confederation whereby the constituent states retain ultimate sovereignty. The form of government is used by many countries around the world.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4435658

A Constitutional Republic is a state where the officials are elected as representatives of the people, and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over citizens.

A Constitutional Republic is the current form of government in the United States. However in recent years, many people have criticized the federal government for moving away from a Constitutional Republic, as defined by the Constitution, and towards a pure democracy.[1]

TeamLaw.org defines a Constitutional Republic as follows:

A Republic, by definition, has two principle elements. First, it is controlled by Law; therefore, it does not control Law. Second, it recognizes the private independent sovereign nature of each person (man or woman) of competent age and capacity; therefore, a Republic must be representative in its nature.

A Republic recognizes Law is unchangeable, or at least that it can only be changed by a higher source than government. In a Republic the concept of “collective sovereignty” cannot exist, except with recognition that the State or nation, as a body of sovereigns, can speak through one elected voice; though that one voice can never lawfully interfere with the private rights of the individual sovereigns.

“A Constitutional Republic” is a government created and controlled, at least, by the Law of a Constitution. The Constitution of the United States of America was, in Law, a foundation based on the Bible, the Magna Carta and the Declaration of Independence. Those documents recognize man’s sovereignty, the divine nature of man’s creation and man’s divine right to Life, Liberty, the means of acquiring and possessing Property, and the pursuit of happiness.[2] Constitutional Republic - Conservapedia

Let's just blame it on Public School Indoctrination. :D

LOL holy shit you are an idiot. free tuition, moron. They want government to forgive the loans. Where the hell have you been?

Well that's not a reasonable demand. Can you please elaborate and provide a link to what the institution said so I can pore it over?

Nobody wants a new constitution or the overthrow of the gov't- just justice for the non rich. You dupes are brainwashed morons. But they should pack up for the winter, and probably go for 1 Day or weekend GIANT protests...where they clean up...for the fuddy duddy dittoheads lol.

Last edited:
yeah but you skip an important detail. it is protection...FROM GOVERNMENT. GASP!

I skipped that because I thought it was obvious and didn't need to be said, not because making that point actually says anything of consequence here.

Thus, the republic, aka rule of law (if you look at the latin roots)

False equivalence, Latin roots or no. By the way, the Latin is res publica which means "the public things." It has nothing to do with the rule of law.

Governments have operated by rule of law that were not republics. Constitutional monarchies and even dictatorships operate by the rule of law. Hitler's Germany operated by rule of law, but no one would reasonably call it a republic.

[rule of law] is what our constitution preserves. NOT DEMOCRACY.

"The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States . . .The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, elected by the people thereof, for six years . . . "

U.S. Constitution, Article I section 1 and Amendment 17.

These are both democratic provisions.

Well that's not a reasonable demand. Can you please elaborate and provide a link to what the institution said so I can pore it over?

can you not use google? Seriously...how can someone so stupid function in the world? Your parents failed hard.

Video: "Occupiers" Want Student Loans Erased | Watch Nightly Business Report Online | PBS Video

Nobody wants a new constitution or the overthrow of the gov't- just justice for the non rich. You dupes are brainwashed morons. But they should pack up for the winter, and probably go for 1 Day or weekend GIANT protests...where they clean up...for the fuddy duddy dittoheads lol.

If that were true, we would be in agreement. If your statement is true, in regards to yourself, we have no quarrel. You claim to support Impartial Justice? I claim to support Impartial Justice.

Yes I believe like 97 percent don't want to pay for their college education. If they feel they've been duped, I suggest they protest their schools and demand a refund.

Yes I believe like 97 percent don't want to pay for their college education. If they feel they've been duped, I suggest they protest their schools and demand a refund.

or the government for causing the skyrocketing tuition rates. But in the end, no one forced kids to get loans, they chose it themselves and they should accept responsibility. I am a senior in univeristy myself, and have no loans because I friggin work and pay cash. I got some grant money here and there, sure, but I don't believe in owing others. Frugality is the best way to do things.

Do OWSers understand what they are calling for is tyranny?
....As-opposed-to Bu$ine$$-A$-U$ual????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fHGCZC6EQs]Iraq War Profiteers: Part 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

handjob.gif

Yeah.....whatta crime.​

But Shaman.... That's OK... because someone is profiting off of it. Business should be allowed to do whatever it takes to make big profits.

Critical thinking my ass... the only thing they criticize is what the right wing propaganda machine tells them to.

Forum List

Back