Do OWSers understand what they are calling for is tyranny?

Wall Street destroyed the world economy with a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme, and NO ONE WENT TO JAIL FOR IT.

God bless OWS for bringing attention to this issue.

Wall Street destroyed the world economy with a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme, and NO ONE WENT TO JAIL FOR IT.

God bless OWS for bringing attention to this issue.

Relax, Democrats insisted they get large bonuses.

Stand proud!

Wow... I think that mindset from YOUR side is exactly what caused OWS to happen in the first place.

EDIT: after all, you don't want Democracy... unless it goes against your side's "the rest of the people".

why the FUCK would anyone want democracy? Two wolves and a sheep voting on what is for dinner? Really? Who protects the minority in a democracy? Democracy is one of the worst political systems ever conceived. A republic, however, is more based on the rule of law and more inclined to protect the rights of individuals. Just shows your ignorance.

Same old right wing snippet.. I love it. Do you guys even HAVE an original thought?

Anyway.... I call bullshit on your idea of a Republic. How's our REPUBLIC working out for us. The only thing that our current form of a REPUBLIC is doing is allowing those with the most money to make all the rules. After all.. money=speech(unless, of course it's a group of nobody workers who form a collective to help negotiate better wages, benefits and working conditions...then it's "thuggery"). That only shows YOUR Ignorance.

the republic worked great until the government began its power grab in the early 20th century over economic liberty. Cite one founding document that mentions the word democracy. We are a republic. Don't like it? Don't cry to me.

You got it chris.

The people are mad as hell and are not going to take it anymore.

This Geni aint going back in the bottle.

The right just keeps defending the wealthy at every turn.

Its not going to win them any voters in this new world we live in.

why the FUCK would anyone want democracy? Two wolves and a sheep voting on what is for dinner? Really? Who protects the minority in a democracy? Democracy is one of the worst political systems ever conceived. A republic, however, is more based on the rule of law and more inclined to protect the rights of individuals. Just shows your ignorance.

Same old right wing snippet.. I love it. Do you guys even HAVE an original thought?

Anyway.... I call bullshit on your idea of a Republic. How's our REPUBLIC working out for us. The only thing that our current form of a REPUBLIC is doing is allowing those with the most money to make all the rules. After all.. money=speech(unless, of course it's a group of nobody workers who form a collective to help negotiate better wages, benefits and working conditions...then it's "thuggery"). That only shows YOUR Ignorance.

the republic worked great until the government began its power grab in the early 20th century over economic liberty. Cite one founding document that mentions the word democracy. We are a republic. Don't like it? Don't cry to me.

Who gives a rat's ass?

The "Founding Fathers" owned slaves.

We are better than they were.

Yeah... it was working out great for the Coal Miners and the Factory slaves getting next to nothing for their labors while the owner class got wildly wealthy. Revisionist history suits you guys well.

Yeah... it was working out great for the Coal Miners and the Factory slaves getting next to nothing for their labors while the owner class got wildly wealthy. Revisionist history suits you guys well.

So, you have no idea what the difference between economic and social means? Also, can you cite a source that shows that people were FORCED to work in coal mines? I bet you can't because they chose to. Why are you against peoples rights to decide what to do with their own labor and decide what their labor is worth on their own terms?

So, you have no idea what the difference between economic and social means? Also, can you cite a source that shows that people were FORCED to work in coal mines? I bet you can't because they chose to. Why are you against peoples rights to decide what to do with their own labor and decide what their labor is worth on their own terms?

Why are you supporting the extraction companies vs the workers?

Why are you supporting the extraction companies vs the workers?

You would have a point if the workers did not choose to work there. They did have a choice, so you have no point. Now answer me why are you against the right of a person to decide the worth of their own labor? Does a person not own their own body?

Tyranny? Really?

favre%20queen.jpg

Seawytch,

tyranny is a definable term. Look it up, it is a pretty good definition of what I explained.

Well, it was either work in coal mines and factories or starve.. I guess that's a choice. People in those days had very little education and made their livings by the strength of their backs and the sweat of their brow.

let me ask YOU something. Let's suppose for a second you guys get your way and there are no more programs such as Welfare, Food Stamps and unemployment Compensation, Health Care is all about the individual either buying insurance solely with their money, or paying cash for their treatments, and the minimum wage is abolished.. JUST LIKE YOU WANT IT.

What happens to the vast majority of our population that are a lot like those old Coal Mine workers? People that aren't all that smart, will never be able to get a college education, don't have business sense, and are quite suited for working laborious tasks? You see that's the problem with you elitists. You tend to think that the only work of value is the ones that require great intelligence and learned skills. You forget that there is a lot of people that will never achieve that and through your policies, you are abandoning them. Furthermore, you do not seem to realize that there are a heck of a lot MORE of them than there are of those that have those "marketable" skills.

That's elitism and much like Marie Antoinette, a "let them eat cake" mindset.

I already know what part of your reply will be... what about trades? Ok... what about when those areas become over-saturated... kind of like Computer Technicians are now? You can only have so many before THAT skill is no longer marketable.

California Girl, please tell me what's "un american" about what this guy says:

OWS, END the FED Great Speech By Young Man - YouTube

Here's the whole rant:

OWS Protestor Says No More Soros, Elect Ron Paul and End The FED - YouTube

I thought we had Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Assembly but apparently that's "un american"? :confused:

Explain.

I agree but what will bitching about it do especially to those who don't care? The businesses are doing exactly what businesses do. I dont blame them one bit. It is the Government that is messed up. If this kid used some of that fire and directed it to those that can do something about it then i wouldnt have an issue but that isnt what is happening. Instead they are directing it at those that made money and are living the American dream. The same American dream that he is bitching about wanting. Americans are blind. We are blind to our way of thinking, our viewpoints, and our party. All of us are guilty of it and if you say you arent you are full of it.

Take a look around. Americans cant find common ground on anything or comprimise to save their lives. Everyone is stuck fighting for what they think is right without being able to comprimise which lands us exactly where we are. Look at the super committee that is going to be unable to agree on anything. You want to fix this system you can start by limiting our elected officials to no more than 4 tours, limit their retirement pay to a small fraction much like the military, and when they retire they are barred from working for any type of lobbyist organization. Watch how fast those that really dont care about working FOR the people run like hell.

False premise, all of those issues fall under 10th amendment.

Really? the 10th Amendment? Ok... let me ask you this. Where does the money come from to have states provide that help? Oh... Taxes... right?

Wow. yep... let's see. You hate taxes and feel they are oppressive, but want to "trickle down" taxation to the state level, where there is less of a tax base to draw from... oh I know.. let's "trickle it down" to the local level. Even more problematic.

Congratulations... you've just taxed yourself to death at the state and local level.. just to save yourself a few percentage points at the Federal level. You do that, and you'll really bring out the "sink or swim-ers" people out of the woodwork.

Problem NOT solved.

OWS protesters get pepper sprayed for breaking the law and are hailed as heroes. In syria, protesters call for revolution to overthrow a government that is the kind OWS is calling for, many get shot and killed by the government, and die anonymously. You people have no idea the type of horrific tyrannical government that your "revolution" will bring us. What gives YOU the right to choose how others live? Please disband and consider legal means of change, and while you are at it educate yourselves on what liberty really is...it is a government that secures liberty not a government that provides everything to a society of lazy degenerates. These OWSers, like the successful statist uprisings across the world have managed to do nothing to secure liberty, yet have secured tyranny in every country where the people demand free stuff.

A Global Revolution to Overthrow Statism - YouTube

From the looks of things, thats what they are getting:

bloody153547--300x300.jpg

:(

102911_occupyDenver49.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG

Forum List

Back