Do Conservatives Want a Religious War Between the West and the Islamic World?

Do Conservatives Want a Religious War Between the West and the Islamic World?

• Total voters
don't know what religion is eh?

Sure I do. Scientology is a religion, why can't oil be?

MONEY!!!!

Silly boy, you'd be hard pressed to live without oil.

We virtually drink the stuff. We go through life on a sea of it.

It touches every part of us in every clime or place.

Every one of us.

You stop oil, you cut off the life blood of that place.

The reason oil = $$ is because people value their lives as well as the products and services made possible by oil to enrich, enhance and lengthen their lives.

MONEY!!!!

Every one of us.

The reason oil = $$ is because people value their lives as well as the products and services made possible by oil to enrich, enhance and lengthen their lives.

Therefore this is why I say it's almost like a religion!

Who said stopping oil? It's another one of these arguments. You complain about what the US is doing in the Middle East then all that comes back is "you can't live without oil" as if I said we should live without oil.

Come on.

MONEY!!!!

Every one of us.

Therefore this is why I say it's almost like a religion!

Who said stopping oil? It's another one of these arguments. You complain about what the US is doing in the Middle East then all that comes back is "you can't live without oil" as if I said we should live without oil.

Come on.

Then that's all the more reason you should thank GWB.

He prevented any oil stoppages.

Er... he caused stoppages with his invasion if Iraq.

Also he destabilized a lot of oil rich countries.

Also he got a lot of people killed just for oil. Would you die for cheaper oil?

Er... he caused stoppages with his invasion if Iraq.

Also he destabilized a lot of oil rich countries.

Also he got a lot of people killed just for oil. Would you die for cheaper oil?

Your hardwiring must make you think you are thinking when you think of this stuff.

We invaded to assure the State of Israel would not start WWIII and to assure the continued flow of oil.

We invaded to stop Saddam's state sponsored plans for international mischief.

We invaded to re-shuffle the deck in the M.E.

We invaded to liberate 25,000,000 Iraqis from the brutal reign of Saddam.

We invaded because Saddam violated the terms of the 1991 Gulf War Cease Fire.

We invaded because the official U.S. foreign policy regarding Iraq, since 1998, was REGIME CHANGE.

We MAY have been influenced to invade because the Iraq govt. had shifted away from petro DOLLARS and instead to a different currency.

We invaded because 9/11 had put the entire spectrum of Islam, Muslims, and their relationship to America up for discussion and subject to some major changes.

I know I'm missing some.

Will some Conservative posters please feel free to add to this incomplete listing?

Your hardwiring must make you think you are thinking when you think of this stuff.

We invaded to assure the State of Israel would not start WWIII and to assure the continued flow of oil.

We invaded because the official U.S. foreign policy regarding Iraq, since 1998, was REGIME CHANGE.

We MAY have been influenced to invade because the Iraq govt. had shifted away from petro DOLLARS and instead to a different currency.

We invaded because 9/11 had put the entire spectrum of Islam, Muslims, and their relationship to America up for discussion and subject to some major changes.

I know I'm missing some.

Will some Conservative posters please feel free to add to this incomplete listing?

Oh, the reshuffling worked well. Instead of Saddam you have ISIS. Well done.

Bush did not invade to liberate anyone. He didn't give a damn about the Iraqi people. Don't give me that bull. There are plenty of people who need liberating from someone dictator or other and Bush didn't care less about them. Did he invade Zimbabwe? DRC? North Korea?
It's all about US interests and people's well being in other countries has NOTHING to do with US interests. More people died in Iraq because of Bush's incomptence/desire to see al-Qaeda grow (depending on how you want to view it, you choose) than would have died because of Saddam's regime.

Bush didn't give a damn whether Saddam violated terms or not. He needed excuses.

And why was it Bush's choice who the Iraqi leader was? Why was it Bush's decision who the Venezuelan leader was? Same about Iraq and Libya.

Bush invaded because of OIL. Simple as.

Conservatives watched while Bill Clinton sold ICBM technology to China, Nuclear capability to North Korea and bombed a defenseless country in Europe to deflect interest in his peculiar sexual appetite. The first attempt on the World Trade Center happened on Clinton's watch and he dismissed it as a "stupid act by stupid people. During Clinton's administration the radical muslem jihad became more powerful but Clinton couldn't take the time to come out from under the Oval Office desk with Monica to even consider Osama Bin Ladin's arrest. The 9-11 terrorists were attending flight school while Clinton's stupid A.G. was drafting an order that prevented the CIA from sharing information with the FBI. Barry Hussein has been in office for almost six years and liberals still seem clueless while the muslem terror has escalated. Barry Hussein was still president last time I looked. Ask him if we are already in a religious war.

Listen Retard, during all pertinent times the US was subsidizing the Palestinian Holocaust and had invaded Iraq under false pretenses. Why do you stupid fucks believe that the Muslims should take all that abuse without retaliating evades comprehension.

What motivated the 9/11 hijackers? See testimony most didn't

So let's see, Clinton's support of Israel is the major motivation of the attack on 9/11, is that the argument made in the video you provided? Sure seems that way.

So, the Russians invade the Ukraine and we support Ukrainian Independence, that makes us responsible for the Russian invasion?

The UNITED NATIONS voted and formed the nation of Israel. Live with it. The lands that Israel have taken since were taken during wars started by Muslim nations. Israel did not force Muslims to leave Israel they left when they saw war coming.

We are not going to drop our support for our friends because radical Islamist hate Israel. Only cowards do such a thing.

You have a group of the religious right (Dominionists included) that wants a Holy War and firmly believe that this will bring about "the end times". They are simply being manipulated. These folks are easy to spot because they attempt to frame foreign policy as choosing Christianity over Islam. Even though most people would choose neither or do not view choosing one over the other as any type of rational choice.

There is no difference between using interpretations of the Koran to justify a Jihad and using parts of the Christian Bible to do the same.

I've read the Word many times and frankly I've never read that we as Christians should start a Holy War. I'd appreciate you showing me where in the New Testament we are ordered to do so.

On the other hand, Twelvers firmly believe that chaos must reign over the planet before al al-Mahdi comes back as the Messiah with Jesus to rule the earth under Islam and bring peace around the globe.

It's an apocalyptic view to be certain. Don't forget that Ahmadinejad actually called for the reappearance of the 12th Imam at the UN. They truly believe in this.

Hence they believe war and chaos can hasten the appearance of the Messiah and Jesus.
You have a group of the religious right (Dominionists included) that wants a Holy War and firmly believe that this will bring about "the end times". They are simply being manipulated. These folks are easy to spot because they attempt to frame foreign policy as choosing Christianity over Islam. Even though most people would choose neither or do not view choosing one over the other as any type of rational choice.

There is no difference between using interpretations of the Koran to justify a Jihad and using parts of the Christian Bible to do the same.

I've read the Word many times and frankly I've never read that we as Christians should start a Holy War. I'd appreciate you showing me where in the New Testament we are ordered to do so.

On the other hand, Twelvers firmly believe that chaos must reign over the planet before al al-Mahdi comes back as the Messiah with Jesus to rule the earth under Islam and bring peace around the globe.

It's an apocalyptic view to be certain. Don't forget that Ahmadinejad actually called for the reappearance of the 12th Imam at the UN. They truly believe in this.

Hence they believe war and chaos can hasten the appearance of the Messiah and Jesus.

It's not a question of being ordered. It's the interpretation and spin. Parts of the bible have been used to justify a great many things. War and slavery are among them.

Meet Gary Cass:
I 8217 m Islamaphobic Are You

Meet General Boykin:
WallBuilders - LIVE

Matthew 10:34English Standard Version (ESV)
Not Peace, but a Sword
34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Islam has scholars that devote their time to interpretations. The puritanical extremist streak that is associated with Wahhabism is one. This is what was exported by both the Saudis and the US to create a jihad against the (then) Soviet Union.

Christian interpretations have been used to justify war. If you like I can dig out the first time Christianity was tied to war, a later use of Christianity for war, and the removal of parts of the bible because a group of people were considered too war like as it was. Or not. If that stuff bores you then I am not even going to waste my time. It's ok. I know it bores the crap out of people and I'm used to it.

It's about manipulation. Manipulating people through their religious beliefs.

Your argument is only of interest to those who think that we will be continually confounded by the dilemma of which "religion is better?'

The rest of us have moved to a more pertinent discussion.

Namely, what to do about Global Islamist "Radicals" and their stealthy Jihadist brethren who are less inclined to violence but whose activities work hand in hand with those of the VIolent Terrorists and whose object is exactly the same, World Domination?

Isn't it US policy to remove non-jihadist , like Assad , from power in order to to have a pretext to continue the "war on terror?

I know I'm missing some.

Oh, the reshuffling worked well. Instead of Saddam you have ISIS. Well done.

Bush did not invade to liberate anyone. He didn't give a damn about the Iraqi people. Don't give me that bull. There are plenty of people who need liberating from someone dictator or other and Bush didn't care less about them. Did he invade Zimbabwe? DRC? North Korea?
It's all about US interests and people's well being in other countries has NOTHING to do with US interests. More people died in Iraq because of Bush's incomptence/desire to see al-Qaeda grow (depending on how you want to view it, you choose) than would have died because of Saddam's regime.

Bush didn't give a damn whether Saddam violated terms or not. He needed excuses.

And why was it Bush's choice who the Iraqi leader was? Why was it Bush's decision who the Venezuelan leader was? Same about Iraq and Libya.

Bush invaded because of OIL. Simple as.

Hmmm I thought ISIS was formed out of Syria and Libya where Obama is engaging in regime change.

But lets forget about Bush for a moment and his motivation for removing Saddam. Let's talk about the motivation of the expected nomination for the democrat president, Hillary. What do you think was her motivation? After all if anyone she had an inside line to all the inner workings of the government. She should have known EVERYTHING Bush knew. Thus if he was lying she was lying along with him. Along with the top democrats at the time.

So, what will you do? Vote for Hillary? Hold you nose over your pretend outrage about the war and vote for the war hawk Hillary? Of course you will.

only in Islam are queers executed

Your hero Pootin kills them.

And RW nutters in the US do too.

Start a thread about Matthew Shepherd and watch the crazies come out from under their rocks.

Yes, the Far Right is hard on gays whether in the Mideast or right here at home. They have true theocracy, we don't yet.

How is the RW "hard on gays?" By the SUPPORT of the traditional definition of marriage? Really? Is that all you got and you interject it into this thread? Desperate.

The muslims have said this is a religious war and they get a vote too.

Come on libs. Isn't atheism worth fighting for. Or will you all convert when the knife is at your throat. It will be your come to Mohammed moment.

They need it to be a religious war in order to get new recruits. Bush had been (deliberately?) playing into their hands.

And how is Obama's recruiting efforts paying out? Oh right ISIS.

Last I checked, wasn't it so called conservatives like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul that opposed intervening in Libya and the Syrian Civil War on the side of Islamic rebels? Seems there position has been vindicated, where has the position of the neo-liberals and neo-cons has been discredited once again in the form of blowback. These so called "moderates" in both the aforementioned countries have created a power vacuum, where chaos, mass civilian death, and societal instability have filled the void.

Both parties believe in naive proposition of nation building and that the fantasy that inside all muslim middle easterners is a secular democrat. This along with the fact they are heavily influenced by AIPAC and Israeli interests makes for a reckless policy in the middle east.

I think real conservatives don't want a war with Islam, we recognize that Islam, primarily Wahabbi Sunni Islam, is incompatible with western civilization, antagonistic towards our civilization, and that trying to "modernize" them or allowing them in mass to our countries is a foolish proposition.
Bullshit.

Muslims oppose the Judeo-American Axis of evil.

Since 1925 the zionuts have been murdering Palestinian Arabs. The Menachen Begin Stern Gan coalition began the slaughter.

In 1949 the US began subsidizing their genocide.

From 1990 until October 2011, Mesopotamia was under US rule , because Bibi demanded that the US destroy Iraq, Syria and Iran. And the US Constitution states that what Bibi wants Bibi gets.

Can you cite the figures showing a genocide of the Palestinians? You have yet to show them.

Also, with statements like, "muslims oppose the judeo-american axis of evil", doesn't earn you any points, you expose yourself as an idiot. US has broad support from several Muslim Governments, primarily Sunni(the ones who ironically finance the radical sunni wahabbism), such as Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait etc. It isn't the US against all Muslims, the problem is we shouldn't be getting involved in the first place. However we and Israel are getting involved with the worst absolute worst characters. We are backing radical islamists to destabilizing and undermining the secular regime in Syria and shia governments in Iran and Iraq. There are several angles in this war, western access to Syria natural gas and oil deposits, maintaining dollar deserve domination, destabilizing Israel and Saudi Arabia's enemies, weakening Iran's middle eastern allies thereby strengthening Israel, and reducing Russia's influence in the region by overthrowing Syria and threatening the stability of their naval base there. We are pursuing a reckless policy of empire and getting into entangling alliances to our own detriment, and murderous islamic radicals are rising out of this liberal interventionist policy. Also, this policy isn't good for Israel in the long run, they may think getting rid of Assad is desirable, but ISIS is far more harmful if they continue to gain steam in the long run. Israel is making the same mistake America is making, thinking they can somehow control and direct radicals against their enemies, and try to make deals with the more moderate radicals to prevent any future blowback against them, similar to the mujahadeen situation that occurred with Afghanistan in the 80s.

The muslims have said this is a religious war and they get a vote too.

Come on libs. Isn't atheism worth fighting for. Or will you all convert when the knife is at your throat. It will be your come to Mohammed moment.
Secularism disarms a people, it divides them, breaking up the previous unity religion provided to the nation and drives them to moral relativism, making them indifferent to not only moral decay within the society, but to evil that threatens them from outside their society.

Europe, America, the West, needs to go back to their Christian roots if we are to survive through the next century. Though there are other things we need to do, this is one of the most important.

Your hero Pootin kills them.

And RW nutters in the US do too.

Start a thread about Matthew Shepherd and watch the crazies come out from under their rocks.

When has Putin killed gays? Can you cite an example of him doing such a thing?

See, this is what I am talking about, secularism has poisoned the modern relativist mind. They can't distinguish between a muslim kangaroo court lynching a gay and say the Russian government prohibiting homosexual material to be given to children.

You're an idiot to be honest, a typical liberal caricature. You are the product of a decadent liberal society, whose primary political concern seems to be the ability of gays to play house, while western civilization declines around you. Talk about a lack of perspective.

Last edited:
Recently, there have been a few lone wolf attacks by men who have recently converted to Islam but seem to have no known connection to any terrorist group. Despite the isolated nature of these attacks, I've been hearing quite a few people on the right say that we should come to terms with what they say is the reality that we ARE at war with Islam. To that end, the mock president Obama's statements that Islam is a religion of peace and that we are NOT at war with Islam.

These comments aren't isolated statements. Actually, it's more of a rising chorus on the right.

Is it really wise for America to expand the fight from a struggle between our nation and few terrorists and/or terrorist groups with goals that are not even shared by the gov'ts in the countries where these terrorists operate into a monumental fight between the West and Islam which could ultimately involve millions of potential combatants and conceivably go on for decades if not longer?

I guess one of the reasons that this mystifies me is because it seems to me that this is EXACTLY what the terrorists want. Why would we do for them what they have so far been unable to accomplish on their own?
News flash Muslims kill queers which liberals defend queers they are more at war with liberals than conservatives. why is it that everything is always the blame of conservatives?

You kinda sound like the kind of Muslim you decry. Of course, fundamentalist Christianity often sounds very much like Muslim fundamentalism.

Conservatives watched while Bill Clinton sold ICBM technology to China, Nuclear capability to North Korea and bombed a defenseless country in Europe to deflect interest in his peculiar sexual appetite. The first attempt on the World Trade Center happened on Clinton's watch and he dismissed it as a "stupid act by stupid people. During Clinton's administration the radical muslem jihad became more powerful but Clinton couldn't take the time to come out from under the Oval Office desk with Monica to even consider Osama Bin Ladin's arrest. The 9-11 terrorists were attending flight school while Clinton's stupid A.G. was drafting an order that prevented the CIA from sharing information with the FBI. Barry Hussein has been in office for almost six years and liberals still seem clueless while the muslem terror has escalated. Barry Hussein was still president last time I looked. Ask him if we are already in a religious war.

Listen Retard, during all pertinent times the US was subsidizing the Palestinian Holocaust and had invaded Iraq under false pretenses. Why do you stupid fucks believe that the Muslims should take all that abuse without retaliating evades comprehension.

What motivated the 9/11 hijackers? See testimony most didn't
You mean all that Muslim abuse, like supporting them in Afghanistan against th

How can liberals support the gay agenda but defend Islam and attack Christians?

They support ideologies that are antagonistic towards the West and Christianity, this is why they on one side excuse the barbarism of Islam and on the other hand support "gay rights" .

The Western Liberal reaction, to a reawakening and re-militarizing Islam...

head-in-the-sand-3.jpg

A garden of Neville Chamberlains and other naive, well-intentioned, clue-less fools, in this context...

Forum List

Back