Do Conservatives Want a Religious War Between the West and the Islamic World?

Do Conservatives Want a Religious War Between the West and the Islamic World?

• Total voters
Last I checked, wasn't it so called conservatives like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul that opposed intervening in Libya and the Syrian Civil War on the side of Islamic rebels? Seems there position has been vindicated, where has the position of the neo-liberals and neo-cons has been discredited once again in the form of blowback. These so called "moderates" in both the aforementioned countries have created a power vacuum, where chaos, mass civilian death, and societal instability have filled the void.

Both parties believe in naive proposition of nation building and that the fantasy that inside all muslim middle easterners is a secular democrat. This along with the fact they are heavily influenced by AIPAC and Israeli interests makes for a reckless policy in the middle east.

I think real conservatives don't want a war with Islam, we recognize that Islam, primarily Wahabbi Sunni Islam, is incompatible with western civilization, antagonistic towards our civilization, and that trying to "modernize" them or allowing them in mass to our countries is a foolish proposition.

Recently, there have been a few lone wolf attacks by men who have recently converted to Islam but seem to have no known connection to any terrorist group. Despite the isolated nature of these attacks, I've been hearing quite a few people on the right say that we should come to terms with what they say is the reality that we ARE at war with Islam. To that end, the mock president Obama's statements that Islam is a religion of peace and that we are NOT at war with Islam.

These comments aren't isolated statements. Actually, it's more of a rising chorus on the right.

Is it really wise for America to expand the fight from a struggle between our nation and few terrorists and/or terrorist groups with goals that are not even shared by the gov'ts in the countries where these terrorists operate into a monumental fight between the West and Islam which could ultimately involve millions of potential combatants and conceivably go on for decades if not longer?

I guess one of the reasons that this mystifies me is because it seems to me that this is EXACTLY what the terrorists want. Why would we do for them what they have so far been unable to accomplish on their own?
Yes.

The US has been subsiding the Palestinian Holocaust since 1949.
LOL, give me a break with the hysterics. The Palestinian population has increased 30% since 2000, some genocide and now surpasses the Jewish population. Jews will become a minority in Israel around the same time Whites become a minority here in the US.

Census finds Palestinian population up by 30 World news The Guardian

EI EXCLUSIVE Palestinian population exceeds Jewish population says U.S. government The Electronic Intifada

The Guardian article also states that the figures were provided by the invaders and oppressors: the zionuts.

Ok then, provide me evidence to the contrary, the second link is a very pro-palestinian website that confirms the same numbers. Palestinians are growing in number and outnumber Jews.

Recently, there have been a few lone wolf attacks by men who have recently converted to Islam but seem to have no known connection to any terrorist group. Despite the isolated nature of these attacks, I've been hearing quite a few people on the right say that we should come to terms with what they say is the reality that we ARE at war with Islam. To that end, the mock president Obama's statements that Islam is a religion of peace and that we are NOT at war with Islam.

These comments aren't isolated statements. Actually, it's more of a rising chorus on the right.

Is it really wise for America to expand the fight from a struggle between our nation and few terrorists and/or terrorist groups with goals that are not even shared by the gov'ts in the countries where these terrorists operate into a monumental fight between the West and Islam which could ultimately involve millions of potential combatants and conceivably go on for decades if not longer?

I guess one of the reasons that this mystifies me is because it seems to me that this is EXACTLY what the terrorists want. Why would we do for them what they have so far been unable to accomplish on their own?

This post is patently absurd. We have good reason to mock Obama's statements. Perhaps he missed that day 13 years ago where men claiming to be a part of a "religion of peace" flew two airplanes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, killing 3000+ people.

Is it wise for you to continue being this presumptuous?

As for what governments share an interest in destroying ISIS:

Who is part of the coalition to battle ISIS - CNN.com

President Bush also said that we were not at war with Islam.

Yeah, and? Bush was wrong, too. We are.

we don't have a choice on this being a religious war. We aren't the ones using religion to go to war. Nor are we the ones supporting the corrupt administration assisting them

Islam has to use Islam to fight the US and the west.

The US has a military budget higher than the next 9 countries on the list of military budgets put together.

How do you fight that? You need organised troops. Islam provides a solution for this problem. Jihad was reborn in Afghanistan, the rich and organised British against a bunch of illiterate farmers. Who won? The Afghanis, not once, but it's coming up for 4 times against bigger and better armies.

Stupid thread. THEY declared war against US. Stop trying to make it look like WE are the ones who want war.

Well, for all the conservatives who want to make this a religious war (as opposed to a fight against terrorist groups), maybe the US should pass a draft. But instead of being a draft for the general male population between the ages of 18 and 26, we could make it a draft for Bible-believing Christians only.

Onward Christian Soldiers!

Will telling the men with the knives that you're not a Christian, you're an atheist save your life? No.

This is a religious war. It is a religious war to them. That makes it a religious war.

Stupid thread. THEY declared war against US. Stop trying to make it look like WE are the ones who want war.

Well, for all the conservatives who want to make this a religious war (as opposed to a fight against terrorist groups), maybe the US should pass a draft. But instead of being a draft for the general male population between the ages of 18 and 26, we could make it a draft for Bible-believing Christians only.

Onward Christian Soldiers!

Will telling the men with the knives that you're not a Christian, you're an atheist save your life? No.

This is a religious war. It is a religious war to them. That makes it a religious war.

Well, to my knowledge, nobody in power since 9-11 has openly stated that we are fighting a religious war. If that changes, then I suggest we let the religious folks take a leadership role. Let them put on the full armor of God (a Kevlar vest might be a good idea too), and let the Christian fundamentalist duke it out with the Muslim fundamentalists. The rest of us can just spend our time in the flesh pots of modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah as Billy Graham seems to think the US is today after his lifetime of preaching around the world and enriching himself in the process.

no. Unlike Democrats, we don't want any war. But we also aren't going to ignore the fact that there are parts of the Islamic world waging a religious war against us

Don't want war? Need war would probably be more like it.

Oil is a religion too, by the looks of it.

There has been a war between the West and the Islamic world or at least the radical part of it for a very long time now we have just been slow to accept it. Lets be clear the radical Islamist don't give a dam about which letter the R or the D is next to your name if your not accepting their brand of Islam you are and infidel and deserving of death.

Last I checked, wasn't it so called conservatives like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul that opposed intervening in Libya and the Syrian Civil War on the side of Islamic rebels? Seems there position has been vindicated, where has the position of the neo-liberals and neo-cons has been discredited once again in the form of blowback. These so called "moderates" in both the aforementioned countries have created a power vacuum, where chaos, mass civilian death, and societal instability have filled the void.

Both parties believe in naive proposition of nation building and that the fantasy that inside all muslim middle easterners is a secular democrat. This along with the fact they are heavily influenced by AIPAC and Israeli interests makes for a reckless policy in the middle east.

I think real conservatives don't want a war with Islam, we recognize that Islam, primarily Wahabbi Sunni Islam, is incompatible with western civilization, antagonistic towards our civilization, and that trying to "modernize" them or allowing them in mass to our countries is a foolish proposition.
Bullshit.

Muslims oppose the Judeo-American Axis of evil.

Since 1925 the zionuts have been murdering Palestinian Arabs. The Menachen Begin Stern Gan coalition began the slaughter.

In 1949 the US began subsidizing their genocide.

From 1990 until October 2011, Mesopotamia was under US rule , because Bibi demanded that the US destroy Iraq, Syria and Iran. And the US Constitution states that what Bibi wants Bibi gets.

The muslims have said this is a religious war and they get a vote too.

Come on libs. Isn't atheism worth fighting for. Or will you all convert when the knife is at your throat. It will be your come to Mohammed moment.

News flash Muslims kill queers which liberals defend queers they are more at war with liberals than conservatives. why is it that everything is always the blame of conservatives?

War is upon you whether you want it or not
Aragorn the Ranger

We can fight or do what liberals prefer, stand there and get a hatchet buried in your skull. So far the liberals are outdoing the French at being surrender monkeys. Is that working well?

RWs say ignorant stuff like that to hide what they really think, which is not much at all.

Its not whether we have a fight on our hands. Its how we choose to fight that enemy.

The right wants more money for the 1%, for war profiteers and they don't care about dead or maimed Americans or collateral innocents. For them, its about money so they want to fight a 21st century war with 19th century weapons.

Just another case of the RWs being willing dupes.

It's difficult to determine what motivates most conservatives with regard to their animus toward Islam.

Read this very slowly, and keep rereading it until it sinks in: they want to KILL us! They are commanded by their murder cult to convert everyone to Islam, and KILL those who will not convert! Yes, it really IS that simple!

News flash Muslims kill queers which liberals defend queers they are more at war with liberals than conservatives. why is it that everything is always the blame of conservatives?

Is English your first language?

Seriously.

Try using some punctuation and the occasional upper case letter at the beginning of a new sentence.

For that matter, try an an occasional new sentence.

Forum List

Back