Do Conservatives Want a Religious War Between the West and the Islamic World?

Do Conservatives Want a Religious War Between the West and the Islamic World?

• Total voters
we don't have a choice on this being a religious war. We aren't the ones using religion to go to war. Nor are we the ones supporting the corrupt administration assisting them

Islam has to use Islam to fight the US and the west.

The US has a military budget higher than the next 9 countries on the list of military budgets put together.

How do you fight that? You need organised troops. Islam provides a solution for this problem. Jihad was reborn in Afghanistan, the rich and organised British against a bunch of illiterate farmers. Who won? The Afghanis, not once, but it's coming up for 4 times against bigger and better armies.

because nobody has yet had the stones to deal with them properly. It could be finished in a month.

we don't have a choice on this being a religious war. We aren't the ones using religion to go to war. Nor are we the ones supporting the corrupt administration assisting them

Islam has to use Islam to fight the US and the west.

The US has a military budget higher than the next 9 countries on the list of military budgets put together.

How do you fight that? You need organised troops. Islam provides a solution for this problem. Jihad was reborn in Afghanistan, the rich and organised British against a bunch of illiterate farmers. Who won? The Afghanis, not once, but it's coming up for 4 times against bigger and better armies.

because nobody has yet had the stones to deal with them properly. It could be finished in a month.
By doing what?

Poison all arable soil, poison all water supplies, level any settlements, nowhere should there be one stone atop another. Turn the entire area to a wasteland for the next ten thousand years.

You mean aside from every city in Iran (and more than likely, a few in other countries) vanishing in nuclear fireballs?

(And note: I have absolutely no problem giving Iran the same treatment.)

Recently, there have been a few lone wolf attacks by men who have recently converted to Islam but seem to have no known connection to any terrorist group. Despite the isolated nature of these attacks, I've been hearing quite a few people on the right say that we should come to terms with what they say is the reality that we ARE at war with Islam. To that end, the mock president Obama's statements that Islam is a religion of peace and that we are NOT at war with Islam.

These comments aren't isolated statements. Actually, it's more of a rising chorus on the right.

Is it really wise for America to expand the fight from a struggle between our nation and few terrorists and/or terrorist groups with goals that are not even shared by the gov'ts in the countries where these terrorists operate into a monumental fight between the West and Islam which could ultimately involve millions of potential combatants and conceivably go on for decades if not longer?

I guess one of the reasons that this mystifies me is because it seems to me that this is EXACTLY what the terrorists want. Why would we do for them what they have so far been unable to accomplish on their own?

Islam is a religion of war, it's right in the core of how they see the world. Islam divides the world into two sphere, the House of Peace are those lands where Islam reigns supreme and the House of War is the lands where Islam is a minority presence and Muslims are commanded to do what is necessary to convert the House of War into the House of Peace.

When one party is waging war against you can't pretend that you're not at war.

Holy Moly!

Your post is almost exactly what I have wanted, for the longest time now, to spring forth from my own mind onto these pages so the uninformed and misinformed might clearly see and understand.

Thank you.

I can retire that task.

You said it better than I could have!

:D

Great post!

M2

Recently, there have been a few lone wolf attacks by men who have recently converted to Islam but seem to have no known connection to any terrorist group. Despite the isolated nature of these attacks, I've been hearing quite a few people on the right say that we should come to terms with what they say is the reality that we ARE at war with Islam. To that end, the mock president Obama's statements that Islam is a religion of peace and that we are NOT at war with Islam.

These comments aren't isolated statements. Actually, it's more of a rising chorus on the right.

Is it really wise for America to expand the fight from a struggle between our nation and few terrorists and/or terrorist groups with goals that are not even shared by the gov'ts in the countries where these terrorists operate into a monumental fight between the West and Islam which could ultimately involve millions of potential combatants and conceivably go on for decades if not longer?

I guess one of the reasons that this mystifies me is because it seems to me that this is EXACTLY what the terrorists want. Why would we do for them what they have so far been unable to accomplish on their own?

This post is patently absurd. We have good reason to mock Obama's statements. Perhaps he missed that day 13 years ago where men claiming to be a part of a "religion of peace" flew two airplanes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, killing 3000+ people.

Is it wise for you to continue being this presumptuous?

As for what governments share an interest in destroying ISIS:

Who is part of the coalition to battle ISIS - CNN.com

President Bush also said that we were not at war with Islam.

Yeah well you guys all know what a liar W was.

:rolleyes:

It's the Right that calls for turning the desert into glass in the Mideast, every couple of years.

They conveniently ignore that THAT is exactly what we have done.

RWs are very ignorant about so many of the things they rant about. Comes from getting their "news" from garbage heaps like faux/limbaugh, etc.

I want to be quite clear on this matter.

I believe we need to get the best informed and best thinkers in D.C. or elsewhere to determine whether a war with the forces of Islam will become inevitable ever.

If it can't be avoided I say lets do it now before they are better armed and equipped and organized.

And I know the fighting force of Muslims numbers in the tens of millions at least.

That's why we need to do some hard thinking.

If war is inevitable it is better to do it when the enemy is least prepared for it.

As time goes on will the MB and the radical and even the Stealth Jihadists grow in size and power and threaten multiple vital interests of the USA or our allies or the balance of things in our government or the world?

If so, let's not wait until that happens.

As Barney Fife might say let's, "Nip it in the bud."

Islam is a religion of war, it's right in the core of how they see the world. Islam divides the world into two sphere, the House of Peace are those lands where Islam reigns supreme and the House of War is the lands where Islam is a minority presence and Muslims are commanded to do what is necessary to convert the House of War into the House of Peace.

Holy Moly!

Your post is almost exactly what I have wanted, for the longest time now, to spring forth from my own mind onto these pages so the uninformed and misinformed might clearly see and understand.

Thank you.

I can retire that task.

Great post!

M2

And, RWs are so damn easy to impress.

:rolleyes-41:

Stupid thread. THEY declared war against US. Stop trying to make it look like WE are the ones who want war.

Well, for all the conservatives who want to make this a religious war (as opposed to a fight against terrorist groups), maybe the US should pass a draft. But instead of being a draft for the general male population between the ages of 18 and 26, we could make it a draft for Bible-believing Christians only.

Onward Christian Soldiers!

Will telling the men with the knives that you're not a Christian, you're an atheist save your life? No.

This is a religious war. It is a religious war to them. That makes it a religious war.

Oh, they single out disbelievers for special treatment. Even more hateful than the fun they would have with merely "people of the book", i.e. believers in other religions than Islam. Specifically, IIRC, Christians and Jews.

They are told to respect people of the book.

But atheists?

They have a hard on for atheists.

And you know how vicious they can be.

Last I checked, wasn't it so called conservatives like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul that opposed intervening in Libya and the Syrian Civil War on the side of Islamic rebels? Seems there position has been vindicated, where has the position of the neo-liberals and neo-cons has been discredited once again in the form of blowback. These so called "moderates" in both the aforementioned countries have created a power vacuum, where chaos, mass civilian death, and societal instability have filled the void.

Both parties believe in naive proposition of nation building and that the fantasy that inside all muslim middle easterners is a secular democrat. This along with the fact they are heavily influenced by AIPAC and Israeli interests makes for a reckless policy in the middle east.

I think real conservatives don't want a war with Islam, we recognize that Islam, primarily Wahabbi Sunni Islam, is incompatible with western civilization, antagonistic towards our civilization, and that trying to "modernize" them or allowing them in mass to our countries is a foolish proposition.

"I think real conservatives don't want a war with Islam, we recognize that Islam, primarily Wahabbi Sunni Islam, is incompatible with western civilization, antagonistic towards our civilization, and that trying to "modernize" them or allowing them in mass to our countries is a foolish proposition."

audienceApplauseBnW.gif

Great post!

M2

Holy Moly!

Thank you.

I can retire that task.

Great post!

M2

And, RWs are so damn easy to impress.

:rolleyes-41:

So, maybe you'll be able to post something that impresses me.

:)

You have a group of the religious right (Dominionists included) that wants a Holy War and firmly believe that this will bring about "the end times". They are simply being manipulated. These folks are easy to spot because they attempt to frame foreign policy as choosing Christianity over Islam. Even though most people would choose neither or do not view choosing one over the other as any type of rational choice.

There is no difference between using interpretations of the Koran to justify a Jihad and using parts of the Christian Bible to do the same.

I've read the Word many times and frankly I've never read that we as Christians should start a Holy War. I'd appreciate you showing me where in the New Testament we are ordered to do so.

On the other hand, Twelvers firmly believe that chaos must reign over the planet before al al-Mahdi comes back as the Messiah with Jesus to rule the earth under Islam and bring peace around the globe.

It's an apocalyptic view to be certain. Don't forget that Ahmadinejad actually called for the reappearance of the 12th Imam at the UN. They truly believe in this.

Hence they believe war and chaos can hasten the appearance of the Messiah and Jesus.

Now not only have I not read any passage in the New Testament that we as Christians have to start a Holy War for Christ to return, but think about this.

How could we as Christians ever have been ordered to start a Holy War against Islam when Islam did not exist at the time of Jesus?

Muslims are the new kids on the block.

It's the Right that calls for turning the desert into glass in the Mideast, every couple of years.

Obama has intervened in Egypt to overthrow Mubarak. Obama has intervened in Libya to overthrow Gadafi.

And not having fucked up enough with the other two countries, the son of a bitch is still trying to overthrow Assad and give that country over to the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood.

Liberal hypocrisy knows no bounds.

You have a group of the religious right (Dominionists included) that wants a Holy War and firmly believe that this will bring about "the end times". They are simply being manipulated. These folks are easy to spot because they attempt to frame foreign policy as choosing Christianity over Islam. Even though most people would choose neither or do not view choosing one over the other as any type of rational choice.

There is no difference between using interpretations of the Koran to justify a Jihad and using parts of the Christian Bible to do the same.

I've read the Word many times and frankly I've never read that we as Christians should start a Holy War. I'd appreciate you showing me where in the New Testament we are ordered to do so.

On the other hand, Twelvers firmly believe that chaos must reign over the planet before al al-Mahdi comes back as the Messiah with Jesus to rule the earth under Islam and bring peace around the globe.

It's an apocalyptic view to be certain. Don't forget that Ahmadinejad actually called for the reappearance of the 12th Imam at the UN. They truly believe in this.

Hence they believe war and chaos can hasten the appearance of the Messiah and Jesus.

audienceApplauseBnW.gif

I'm so proud of our Conservative postsers here at USMB.

At some fora it is like a couple of weary, overmatched but valiant RWers against a legion of practiced LW goons and Jihadis.

Here, most of our leading Conservative posters would be like the only big hitter at some sites.

Here we have loads of heavy hitting RW posters.

Great post!

M2

Forum List

Back