Do Conservatives Want a Religious War Between the West and the Islamic World?

Do Conservatives Want a Religious War Between the West and the Islamic World?

• Total voters

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Recently, there have been a few lone wolf attacks by men who have recently converted to Islam but seem to have no known connection to any terrorist group. Despite the isolated nature of these attacks, I've been hearing quite a few people on the right say that we should come to terms with what they say is the reality that we ARE at war with Islam. To that end, the mock president Obama's statements that Islam is a religion of peace and that we are NOT at war with Islam.

These comments aren't isolated statements. Actually, it's more of a rising chorus on the right.

Is it really wise for America to expand the fight from a struggle between our nation and few terrorists and/or terrorist groups with goals that are not even shared by the gov'ts in the countries where these terrorists operate into a monumental fight between the West and Islam which could ultimately involve millions of potential combatants and conceivably go on for decades if not longer?

I guess one of the reasons that this mystifies me is because it seems to me that this is EXACTLY what the terrorists want. Why would we do for them what they have so far been unable to accomplish on their own?

We already have that, but it's not just conservatives. Both sides of the aisle are bought and paid for by the military contractor corporations. They're the ones who want wars, and they don't especially care with whom.

Recently, there have been a few lone wolf attacks by men who have recently converted to Islam but seem to have no known connection to any terrorist group. Despite the isolated nature of these attacks, I've been hearing quite a few people on the right say that we should come to terms with what they say is the reality that we ARE at war with Islam. To that end, the mock president Obama's statements that Islam is a religion of peace and that we are NOT at war with Islam.

These comments aren't isolated statements. Actually, it's more of a rising chorus on the right.

Is it really wise for America to expand the fight from a struggle between our nation and few terrorists and/or terrorist groups with goals that are not even shared by the gov'ts in the countries where these terrorists operate into a monumental fight between the West and Islam which could ultimately involve millions of potential combatants and conceivably go on for decades if not longer?

I guess one of the reasons that this mystifies me is because it seems to me that this is EXACTLY what the terrorists want. Why would we do for them what they have so far been unable to accomplish on their own?

Islam is a religion of war, it's right in the core of how they see the world. Islam divides the world into two sphere, the House of Peace are those lands where Islam reigns supreme and the House of War is the lands where Islam is a minority presence and Muslims are commanded to do what is necessary to convert the House of War into the House of Peace.

When one party is waging war against you can't pretend that you're not at war.

You have a group of the religious right (Dominionists included) that wants a Holy War and firmly believe that this will bring about "the end times". They are simply being manipulated. These folks are easy to spot because they attempt to frame foreign policy as choosing Christianity over Islam. Even though most people would choose neither or do not view choosing one over the other as any type of rational choice.

There is no difference between using interpretations of the Koran to justify a Jihad and using parts of the Christian Bible to do the same.

War is upon you whether you want it or not
Aragorn the Ranger

We can fight or do what liberals prefer, stand there and get a hatchet buried in your skull. So far the liberals are outdoing the French at being surrender monkeys. Is that working well?

Stupid thread. THEY declared war against US. Stop trying to make it look like WE are the ones who want war.

Well, for all the conservatives who want to make this a religious war (as opposed to a fight against terrorist groups), maybe the US should pass a draft. But instead of being a draft for the general male population between the ages of 18 and 26, we could make it a draft for Bible-believing Christians only.

Onward Christian Soldiers!

Yes.

The US has been subsiding the Palestinian Holocaust since 1949.

Stupid theocratic "conservative" somehow believe that there is a connection between the present state of Israel and the biblical lost tribes of Israel.

.Go fig.

It's difficult to determine what motivates most conservatives with regard to their animus toward Islam.

It's likely nothing more than partisan demagoguery and rhetorical hyperbole perceived to garner the right some perceived political advantage. Conservatives know that a significant number of Americans are ignorant as to the facts of Islam, conservatives know that a significant number of Americans harbor an unwarranted animosity toward Muslims, and in classic conservative Orwellian fashion they seek to exploit this and contrive the myth that 'all Muslims' are 'enemies' of the American people in an effort to deflect from their own political faults and failings.

This post is patently absurd. We have good reason to mock Obama's statements. Perhaps he missed that day 13 years ago where men claiming to be a part of a "religion of peace" flew two airplanes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, killing 3000+ people.

Is it wise for you to continue being this presumptuous?

As for what governments share an interest in destroying ISIS:

Who is part of the coalition to battle ISIS - CNN.com

no. Unlike Democrats, we don't want any war. But we also aren't going to ignore the fact that there are parts of the Islamic world waging a religious war against us

Stupid thread. THEY declared war against US. Stop trying to make it look like WE are the ones who want war.

Well, for all the conservatives who want to make this a religious war (as opposed to a fight against terrorist groups), maybe the US should pass a draft. But instead of being a draft for the general male population between the ages of 18 and 26, we could make it a draft for Bible-believing Christians only.

we don't have a choice on this being a religious war. We aren't the ones using religion to go to war. Nor are we the ones supporting the corrupt administration assisting them

we don't have a choice on this being a religious war. We aren't the ones using religion to go to war. Nor are we the ones supporting the corrupt administration assisting them

Yes.

LOL, give me a break with the hysterics. The Palestinian population has increased 30% since 2000, some genocide and now surpasses the Jewish population. Jews will become a minority in Israel around the same time Whites become a minority here in the US.

Census finds Palestinian population up by 30 World news The Guardian

EI EXCLUSIVE Palestinian population exceeds Jewish population says U.S. government The Electronic Intifada

This post is patently absurd. We have good reason to mock Obama's statements. Perhaps he missed that day 13 years ago where men claiming to be a part of a "religion of peace" flew two airplanes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, killing 3000+ people.

Is it wise for you to continue being this presumptuous?

As for what governments share an interest in destroying ISIS:

Who is part of the coalition to battle ISIS - CNN.com

President Bush also said that we were not at war with Islam.

When did they officially declare war? Did nothing happen before 9/11?

Oh, wait, loads happened before 9/11 that angered Muslims in different parts of the world. But due to ignoring history, it officially didn't happen according to most American people.

no. Unlike Democrats, we don't want any war. But we also aren't going to ignore the fact that there are parts of the Islamic world waging a religious war against us

Really? I can't say as I see it, then. I say that because American corporations and businesses stretch all around the world. Certainly there are more than enough targets for Muslims in other countries to wage war against Western capitalism and the West in general if that's the way Muslims as a whole truly felt. I mean, couldn't they cause American-owned or licensed stores to close if they really wanted to wage a religious war against us? But when was the last time you can recall a McDonalds being attacked? Or any American fast food chain like a KFC? Hell, it's even got Mitch McConnell's State in the name. Or how about an Apple Store? Or someplace that sells Coca-Cola? Or Levis? Or Microsoft products?

Yes.

LOL, give me a break with the hysterics. The Palestinian population has increased 30% since 2000, some genocide and now surpasses the Jewish population. Jews will become a minority in Israel around the same time Whites become a minority here in the US.

Census finds Palestinian population up by 30 World news The Guardian

EI EXCLUSIVE Palestinian population exceeds Jewish population says U.S. government The Electronic Intifada

The Guardian article also states that the figures were provided by the invaders and oppressors: the zionuts.

Forum List

Back