Do Conservatives Want a Religious War Between the West and the Islamic World?

Do Conservatives Want a Religious War Between the West and the Islamic World?

• Total voters
Idiots,

We're already at war with a large portion of islam. Islam has been at war with the west for most of its history.

Dumb people need to look at the world around them and read some history.

Which is why you start your post off with an insult huh?

War is upon you whether you want it or not
Aragorn the Ranger

We can fight or do what liberals prefer, stand there and get a hatchet buried in your skull. So far the liberals are outdoing the French at being surrender monkeys. Is that working well?

War is NOT upon most Americans from everything I can tell. It's only a very small fraction of people who actually serve in the military. Aside from soldiers' family and close friends, everyone appears to be going on with life as if the war is just another episode of that insipid tv show, 24.

Aragorn the Ranger

We can fight or do what liberals prefer, stand there and get a hatchet buried in your skull. So far the liberals are outdoing the French at being surrender monkeys. Is that working well?

War is NOT upon most Americans from everything I can tell. It's only a very small fraction of people who actually serve in the military. Aside from soldiers' family and close friends, everyone appears to be going on with life as if the war is just another episode of that insipid tv show, 24.
Oh, well I'm sure everyone feels a whole lot better now. :rolleyes:

Aragorn the Ranger

That is where you are mistaken. Just this afternoon a long line of Toyota Tundras passed me filled with heavily armed men the trucks laden with supplies. It's war I tell you, here on our door step, unless it is just the approach of deer season. Further investigation is warranted. Anybody got any backstrap steaks?

Recently, there have been a few lone wolf attacks by men who have recently converted to Islam but seem to have no known connection to any terrorist group. Despite the isolated nature of these attacks, I've been hearing quite a few people on the right say that we should come to terms with what they say is the reality that we ARE at war with Islam. To that end, the mock president Obama's statements that Islam is a religion of peace and that we are NOT at war with Islam.

These comments aren't isolated statements. Actually, it's more of a rising chorus on the right.

Is it really wise for America to expand the fight from a struggle between our nation and few terrorists and/or terrorist groups with goals that are not even shared by the gov'ts in the countries where these terrorists operate into a monumental fight between the West and Islam which could ultimately involve millions of potential combatants and conceivably go on for decades if not longer?

I guess one of the reasons that this mystifies me is because it seems to me that this is EXACTLY what the terrorists want. Why would we do for them what they have so far been unable to accomplish on their own?
Yes.

The US has been subsiding the Palestinian Holocaust since 1949.

Stupid theocratic "conservative" somehow believe that there is a connection between the present state of Israel and the biblical lost tribes of Israel.

.Go fig.

The Palestinian Holocaust?

Now I've heard it all.

lol

Aragorn the Ranger

Spent trillions on the war on poverty, guess it is time to stop funding that war..

Aragorn the Ranger

You do not need to serve in the military to end up in the middle of a war.
images

Oh just stop with the blood for oil bullshit. If invading a country was all about America's need for oil you would have invaded us.

Hell's bells you won't even build a pipeline for oil.

"Canada reigns as the United States' leading oil supplier, exporting some 707,316,000 barrels of oil per year (1,938,000 barrels per day) — a whopping 99 percent of its annual oil exports, according to the EIA."

United States Oil Imports OPEC GlobalPost

Oh come on. This isn't the simple argument you're trying to make out.

Let's try and be a little bit more intelligent shall we?

In 2001 there were 4 OPEC countries that really didn't like the US.

Venezuela, Iraq, Iran and Libya.

Venezuela's turn was first. A coup d'etat was supported by the US with quite a bit of money, and help.

Why Venezuela first? Well Chavez was trying to use OPEC as an anti-American tool, reducing the amount of oil and pushing up world oil prices.

Then it was the turn of Iraq. Invaded in 2003.

Then it was Libya in 2011. If you ever go back and read what McCain said during this time you'd realise the right pushed this one for all it was worth.

Then there's Iran, sanctions, supposedly over their nuclear weapons, but it's all about oil.

On your ridiculous point of the US invading Canada. The US doesn't need to invade Canada. This isn't about getting free oil. It's about reducing the world oil price.

OPEC have, by my estimates, about 1,200,000 million barrels. This is compared to all non-OPEC countries in the world who have, perhaps 500,000 million barrels. You see why OPEC is so important? You see why the US doesn't want to allow OPEC to dictate oil prices?

The US has Saudi Arabia on its side, it doesn't need to invade them. The Saudis won't do anything to harm the relationship. If OPEC reduce production, the Saudis might go along saying it's OPEC. They won't, however, do it off their own bat.

Who needs enemies if you have the Saudis as your friends? Now what country was it that supplied most of the hijackers on 9/11? Hell we didn't even lob a bomb at them for that. Instead we invaded another country. That showed them we meant to continue doing bidness with the Saudis.

Who needs enemies if you have the Saudis as your friends? Now what country was it that supplied most of the hijackers on 9/11? Hell we didn't even lob a bomb at them for that. Instead we invaded another country. That showed them we meant to continue doing bidness with the Saudis.

A simple policy to follow. Give us your oil at a price we like, we won't invade you. Don't, and sanctions, invasion, toppling of the leader and other such things will come your way.

And some try and deny it's all about oil.

Aragorn the Ranger

You do not need to serve in the military to end up in the middle of a war.
images

More people are killed and/or injured as a result of drug crimes than terrorism. And like I've said before, everyone has more to worry about when it comes to drunk driving than terrorism. I mean, I don't know about you, but even if I was a little wary about going to a public place like a shopping mall, it would be because of a general concern about some kind of wackadoodle homegrown gun nut lunatic with a grudge and a Glock as opposed to some jihadist uttering unintelligible pronouncements in Farsi while fumbling around with a pressure cooker full of ballbearings and explosives.

Forum List

Back