DNA Proves Evolutionary Theory is Wrong!

DNA: optimised source code?
by Matthew Cobb

[......] This isn’t right. DNA is NOT subject to ‘the most aggressive optimisation process in the universe’. Our genes are NOT perfectly adapted and beautifully designed. They are a Horrible, historical Mess. That is partly what distinguishes biology from physics and maths – it is the outcome of historical processes – evolution and natural selection* – which leave their past traces in the genome.

For reasons we don’t understand, many eukaryotic genes (that is, genes in organisms with a nucleus – so all multicellular organisms and some single-celled forms, too) are sometimes split up, interspersed by apparently meaningless sequences, called ‘introns’. Although the average intron is only 40 bases long, one of the introns in the human dystrophin gene is more than 300,000 bases long! In some rare cases, the intron of one gene can even contain a completely separate, protein-encoding gene.

This isn’t the result of ‘optimisation’: it’s due to the fact that, as François Jacob put it, evolution does not design, it tinkers. It fiddles around with stuff to hand, and as long as it works, that’s all that matters.

We know that only 5% of the human genome encodes proteins (when Francis Crick was working on the meaning of the genetic code in the 1950s, he assumed that’s all that a gene would ever do). We now know that another 5-10% is regulatory DNA, which produces RNA that regulates the activity of other genes. As to the remaining 85% – around 2.7 billion base pairs – it appears mainly to be ‘Junk’,
which has No apparent function – if it were deleted, it would Not affect the fitness of the organism at all.

[.......]
Tell you what. Why don't you volunteer to have that 85% deleted from your genome. Let us know how that works out for you. LOL!

Man and ape have been around for several tens of thousands of years yet neither has evolved into anything else. I wonder why that process stopped?
It hasnt. What makes you think it has stopped?
And yet NOT a single example in the last several hundred years of a mammal evolving into 2 distinct different species. And none available in recorded history either which goes back a couple thousand years.

Man and ape have been around for several tens of thousands of years yet neither has evolved into anything else. I wonder why that process stopped?
And yet NOT a single example in the last several hundred years of a mammal evolving into 2 distinct different species. And none available in recorded history either which goes back a couple thousand years.
That claim pretty much lets us know this discussion is above your head.

Scientists Observe Wasps Evolving Into New Species

by Matthew Cobb

[......] This isn’t right. DNA is NOT subject to ‘the most aggressive optimisation process in the universe’. Our genes are NOT perfectly adapted and beautifully designed. They are a Horrible, historical Mess. That is partly what distinguishes biology from physics and maths – it is the outcome of historical processes – evolution and natural selection* – which leave their past traces in the genome.. ...
.....As to the remaining 85% – around 2.7 billion base pairs – it appears mainly to be ‘Junk’,
which has No apparent function – if it were deleted, it would Not affect the fitness of the organism at all.
[.......]
Tell you what. Why don't you volunteer to have that 85% deleted from your genome. Let us know how that works out for you. LOL!
That's NO Answer to a FACT, that's a stupid Wisecrack.
You're a TROLL.
A stupid 70 IQ NONCONVERSANT troll.
You DISHONESTLY challenge people to discuss science, but you NEVER do, and can NEVER answer me.

Your existence here is a tribute to this board's dependence on page views and advertising.
Because if there was any Sincerity requirement, you'd be gone.

LYING/TROLLING for that phony JESUS all day every day.
`
`

Last edited:
LOL! I mentioned one mutation common to all humans. It's a scientific fact. Educate yourself. Your ignorance offends me.
Of course there are some mutations common to all humans. That proves evolution. The fact that there are different mutations also proves evolution. I'm guessing biology was a difficult subject for you?
the mutations do not prove all life on earth was spawned randomly from nothing.
A bible written by men doesnt prove all life was spawned magically by a sky fairy.
wow, to be jealous of the bible. information and truth must be a struggle there. do you think that maybe raw hatred for people who believe in god is a symptom of a genetic disorder? what if some corruption in your DNA is what makes you a sociopath? of course, you'd have to be human for that. so far there's no proof that you're human, you could be some kind of bot programmed to generate hate speech against anyone who discusses religion and science, so...
I'm not jealous of the bible nor do I hate people that believe in it. Using it against those that try to pretend its factual is only pointing out the contradictions in the bible. I bear zero ill will against those that believe in god. I just dont tolerate that nonsense when people attempt to disprove evolution.
would your whole world shatter if evolution turned out to be proven false? if not, why be so hellbent on cursing anyone who doesn't believe in evolution? what are you really afraid of? these things tend to come about because at some point somebody projected an image of himself or herself as an official representative of the creation of all life on earth, and used that image to gain power over you. you were praised or you were punished according to your loyalty and obedience to that image, much like a dog is trained by a master, no? that is the issue you're dealing with now, if you are human and not a robot, and the topic here is just a red herring to you. sorry to burst your bubble, but that is how it is. now go make money.

by Matthew Cobb

[......] This isn’t right. DNA is NOT subject to ‘the most aggressive optimisation process in the universe’. Our genes are NOT perfectly adapted and beautifully designed. They are a Horrible, historical Mess. That is partly what distinguishes biology from physics and maths – it is the outcome of historical processes – evolution and natural selection* – which leave their past traces in the genome.. ...
.....As to the remaining 85% – around 2.7 billion base pairs – it appears mainly to be ‘Junk’,
[.......]
That's NO Answer to a FACT, that's a stupid Wisecrack.
You're a TROLL.
A stupid 70 IQ NONCONVERSANT troll.
`
I'm simply asking you to put your money where your mouth is. If there was a way to remove that "junk DNA" from every cell in your body, would you do it?

Are wasps Mammals?

Are wasps Mammals?
They are animals...

Are wasps Mammals?
Are mammals wasps?

Are wasps Mammals?
They are animals...
They are insects. And did the wasp become 2 distinct different types of creatures that were NOT wasps?

Are wasps Mammals?
They are animals...
They are insects. And did the wasp become 2 distinct different types of creatures that were NOT wasps?
It takes more than thousands of years for that to happen. Thats one of the reasons I said this discussion is above your pay grade.

Are wasps Mammals?
They are animals...
It takes more than thousands of years for that to happen. Thats one of the reasons I said this discussion is above your pay grade.
LOL so your defense why we have not seen any mammal evolve into 2 different distinct species is time? We have zero actual evidence that it EVER happened.

Are wasps Mammals?
They are animals...
LOL so your defense why we have not seen any mammal evolve into 2 different distinct species is time? We have zero actual evidence that it EVER happened.
Only an idiot would say we have zero evidence. Science has plenty of evidence. You must hate science?

Are wasps Mammals?
They are animals...
The insect class comprises the most diverse group of animals on the earth and constitutes more than half of all described animal species...

Of course there are some mutations common to all humans. That proves evolution. The fact that there are different mutations also proves evolution. I'm guessing biology was a difficult subject for you?
the mutations do not prove all life on earth was spawned randomly from nothing.
A bible written by men doesnt prove all life was spawned magically by a sky fairy.
wow, to be jealous of the bible. information and truth must be a struggle there. do you think that maybe raw hatred for people who believe in god is a symptom of a genetic disorder? what if some corruption in your DNA is what makes you a sociopath? of course, you'd have to be human for that. so far there's no proof that you're human, you could be some kind of bot programmed to generate hate speech against anyone who discusses religion and science, so...
I'm not jealous of the bible nor do I hate people that believe in it. Using it against those that try to pretend its factual is only pointing out the contradictions in the bible. I bear zero ill will against those that believe in god. I just dont tolerate that nonsense when people attempt to disprove evolution.
would your whole world shatter if evolution turned out to be proven false? if not, why be so hellbent on cursing anyone who doesn't believe in evolution? what are you really afraid of? these things tend to come about because at some point somebody projected an image of himself or herself as an official representative of the creation of all life on earth, and used that image to gain power over you. you were praised or you were punished according to your loyalty and obedience to that image, much like a dog is trained by a master, no? that is the issue you're dealing with now, if you are human and not a robot, and the topic here is just a red herring to you. sorry to burst your bubble, but that is how it is. now go make money.
I'm not emotionally tied to evolution. If god appeared before me right this instant and told me evolution was bullshit I would ask him to do some magic tricks just to make sure he wasnt a human dressed up as god and then accept it. I didnt curse anyone so I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm only afraid of sharks and nothinig else so again I have no idea what youre talking about.

97806d40e0338fef0a6480cc41f09cad.jpg

Are wasps Mammals?
They are animals...
Only an idiot would say we have zero evidence. Science has plenty of evidence. You must hate science?
he is a self professed magical under wearing kolobian nut case

A YouTube video by a fundamentalist loon?
Meyer graduated Cum Laude in 1981 with a B.S. degree double major in Physics and Earth Science and a minor in Philosophy from Whitworth College.[1] After graduating, he worked as a geophysicist for the Atlantic Richfield Company (ARCO)[7] for four years in digital signal processing and seismic survey interpretation[1] and received the ARCO Civic Action Program Leadership Award[1] in 1984.

In 1986 he received a Rotary International Scholarship Award to study at Cambridge University in the United Kingdom where he earned a PhD in History and Philosophy of Science in 1991.[2] Areas of focus included the history of molecular biology, the history of physics, and evolutionary theory.[1] Meyer's dissertation was entitled Of clues and causes: A methodological interpretation of origin of life studies.[2]

After completing his PhD program at Cambridge, Meyer taught on the philosophy of science at Whitworth University as an Associate Professor of Philosophy for twelve years (1990-2002) and was tenured in 1996.[1][8] He also taught as a university professor (2002-2005) at Palm Beach Atlantic University.[2] He left his tenured position as a professor at Whitworth in 2002 to direct the Center for Science and Culture full time, which he had helped found with John West in 1996.[3]
A Geophysicist/Philosopher speaking about DNA? That's not going to convince a lot of people

Forum List

Back