DNA Proves Evolutionary Theory is Wrong!

Lutroo

May 29, 2016

I realize that this will not convince the "true believers" but if someone hasn't made up their mind yet, this might be of interest.

To those aforementioned true believers, I would request that you do not even reply. We know you don't believe in anything but evolution. We get it, OK? This is just for informational purposes. I refuse to debate any of you, because you will never change your mind. Tell me I'm wrong.

Anyway, for those who are still open minded, I hope this information is useful to you.

A YouTube video by a fundamentalist loon?
Meyer graduated Cum Laude in 1981 with a B.S. degree double major in Physics and Earth Science and a minor in Philosophy from Whitworth College.[1] After graduating, he worked as a geophysicist for the Atlantic Richfield Company (ARCO)[7] for four years in digital signal processing and seismic survey interpretation[1] and received the ARCO Civic Action Program Leadership Award[1] in 1984.

In 1986 he received a Rotary International Scholarship Award to study at Cambridge University in the United Kingdom where he earned a PhD in History and Philosophy of Science in 1991.[2] Areas of focus included the history of molecular biology, the history of physics, and evolutionary theory.[1] Meyer's dissertation was entitled Of clues and causes: A methodological interpretation of origin of life studies.[2]

After completing his PhD program at Cambridge, Meyer taught on the philosophy of science at Whitworth University as an Associate Professor of Philosophy for twelve years (1990-2002) and was tenured in 1996.[1][8] He also taught as a university professor (2002-2005) at Palm Beach Atlantic University.[2] He left his tenured position as a professor at Whitworth in 2002 to direct the Center for Science and Culture full time, which he had helped found with John West in 1996.[3]

Meyer graduated Cum Laude in 1981 with a B.S. degree double major in Physics and Earth Science and a minor in Philosophy from Whitworth College.[1] After graduating, he worked as a geophysicist for the Atlantic Richfield Company (ARCO)[7] for four years in digital signal processing and seismic survey interpretation[1] and received the ARCO Civic Action Program Leadership Award[1] in 1984.

In 1986 he received a Rotary International Scholarship Award to study at Cambridge University in the United Kingdom where he earned a PhD in History and Philosophy of Science in 1991.[2] Areas of focus included the history of molecular biology, the history of physics, and evolutionary theory.[1] Meyer's dissertation was entitled Of clues and causes: A methodological interpretation of origin of life studies.[2]

After completing his PhD program at Cambridge, Meyer taught on the philosophy of science at Whitworth University as an Associate Professor of Philosophy for twelve years (1990-2002) and was tenured in 1996.[1][8] He also taught as a university professor (2002-2005) at Palm Beach Atlantic University.[2] He left his tenured position as a professor at Whitworth in 2002 to direct the Center for Science and Culture full time, which he had helped found with John West in 1996.[3]

You're a bit confused regarding your YouTube video. Hit the start button and you'll see it was produced by Carl Gallups. Oops.

Encyclopedia of American Loons: Search results for Carl gallups

PPSIMMONS is – or rather was, since it was closed in April 2012 due to repeated copyright infringements – an absolutely insane Youtube channel whose main contributor is legendary internet kook Pastor Carl Gallups. Gallups’s contributions (and website) are generally devoted to young earth creationism and Biblical literalism. To emphasize how out of touch with sanity they are they also have segments about the nefarious influence of Satan and witches, as well as birtherism (Obama is also the anti-Christ, which would presumably entail that he is not a citizen) and global warming denialism (AGW is a “profit-driven scam,” though it is always a little unclear who, exactly, profits from it).

One of Gallups’s main arguments for creationism is that all scientists recognize design, and since they recognize design in nature, young earth creationism is true and there really is no theory of evolution (duh!). As is typical of crackpots, all critical comments to any of their material are quickly erased and the author blocked from further comments. Gallups is also a supporter of the Question Evolution campaign.

Some of his arguments are presented in his book The Magic Man in the Sky, which was duly pimped by the WND. The basic idea is that there’s a world of difference between someone declaring a momentary truth, and the actual “true truth,” and he argues forcefully that scientists “throughout history have a less-than-stellar trackrecord of accuracy,” and therefore religion (i.e. Gallups) is correct. Among his convincing examples is his idea (false, as it happens) that people back in the days generally believed that the Earth was flat and “held up at the four corners by giant elephants.” Of course, he fails to notice that such and similar ideas were hardly adopted on the bases of scientific inquiry but rather issued by the dogma of various religions. But you know. Apparently WND was so convinced that they have later returned to Gallups as an expert on evolution, for instance to comment on the perceived fact that the theory of evolution is about to collapse.

He does have some novel arguments though there is a reason why they haven’t been used before.

Diagnosis: More exasperatingly idiotic mindfuckery, though Gallups is unsurprisingly a hero of WND and Conservapedia – in short, he seems to have some impact among those who are already completely lost to reason and accountability.

I realize that this will not convince the "true believers" but if someone hasn't made up their mind yet, this might be of interest.

To those aforementioned true believers, I would request that you do not even reply. We know you don't believe in anything but evolution. We get it, OK? This is just for informational purposes. I refuse to debate any of you, because you will never change your mind. Tell me I'm wrong.

Anyway, for those who are still open minded, I hope this information is useful to you.

Only a retard would not realize DNA actually proves evolution.

It's always hilarious when superstitious types pretend to understand science :rolleyes:
It's always hilarious when pseudo-intellectuals try to win an argument by call their opponent an idiot. Why don't you try to refute what was in the video. I bet you can't. Shoot, I bet you won't even try. Pathetic.

I refuse to debate any of you, because you will never change your mind. Tell me I'm wrong.

Do you refuse to debate or do you want us to tell you you are wrong? Make up your mind.

BTW, you're wrong. DNA of modern animals clearly shows the process of evolution. The structure of DNA itself is the result of evolutionary processes.

It's always hilarious when superstitious types pretend to understand science :rolleyes:
It's always hilarious when pseudo-intellectuals try to win an argument by call their opponent an idiot. Why don't you try to refute what was in the video. I bet you can't. Shoot, I bet you won't even try. Pathetic.

If you can't sum up your argument briefly in the OP, I don't bother with the video.

You're a bit confused regarding your YouTube video. Hit the start button and you'll see it was produced by Carl Gallups. Oops.

Encyclopedia of American Loons: Search results for Carl gallups

PPSIMMONS is – or rather was, since it was closed in April 2012 due to repeated copyright infringements – an absolutely insane Youtube channel whose main contributor is legendary internet kook Pastor Carl Gallups. Gallups’s contributions (and website) are generally devoted to young earth creationism and Biblical literalism. To emphasize how out of touch with sanity they are they also have segments about the nefarious influence of Satan and witches, as well as birtherism (Obama is also the anti-Christ, which would presumably entail that he is not a citizen) and global warming denialism (AGW is a “profit-driven scam,” though it is always a little unclear who, exactly, profits from it).

One of Gallups’s main arguments for creationism is that all scientists recognize design, and since they recognize design in nature, young earth creationism is true and there really is no theory of evolution (duh!). As is typical of crackpots, all critical comments to any of their material are quickly erased and the author blocked from further comments. Gallups is also a supporter of the Question Evolution campaign.

Some of his arguments are presented in his book The Magic Man in the Sky, which was duly pimped by the WND. The basic idea is that there’s a world of difference between someone declaring a momentary truth, and the actual “true truth,” and he argues forcefully that scientists “throughout history have a less-than-stellar trackrecord of accuracy,” and therefore religion (i.e. Gallups) is correct. Among his convincing examples is his idea (false, as it happens) that people back in the days generally believed that the Earth was flat and “held up at the four corners by giant elephants.” Of course, he fails to notice that such and similar ideas were hardly adopted on the bases of scientific inquiry but rather issued by the dogma of various religions. But you know. Apparently WND was so convinced that they have later returned to Gallups as an expert on evolution, for instance to comment on the perceived fact that the theory of evolution is about to collapse.

He does have some novel arguments though there is a reason why they haven’t been used before.

Diagnosis: More exasperatingly idiotic mindfuckery, though Gallups is unsurprisingly a hero of WND and Conservapedia – in short, he seems to have some impact among those who are already completely lost to reason and accountability.
OK. Wrong video. I had several windows open. The educational background was for a scientist who disagrees with evolution. In any case, regardless of who produced this video, can you refute any of it? I'm no scientist, but how do you explain the information required to accomplish everything discussed in the video? Oh, that's right. You think it was all an accident. LOL!

You know what? I really don't care what all you naysayers think. Someone found what I posted to be informative. That's good enough for me. You see. I don't care if any of you think I'm correct. I'm trying to save souls. If I can save just one, then I could face my Creator without shame. You can mock me all you like. Actually I prefer that you do, since you wouldn't hate me if I wasn't living for Christ...whom you all hate.

Did I go overboard? I don't think so. I always ask myself. Why is it that every time someone posts a thread about the Christian faith, or anything that opposes the theory of evolution, countless atheists jump in and ridicule the one who posted it. It stands to reason that if you do not believe in God, then you wouldn't spend so much time and effort trying to convince others. Why do you care if someone believes in God or not?

Why is it so important for the righteous to push against evolution and for mythology? What makes creationism and its twisted cousin 'Intellegent Design' a priority?

Is it arrogance? Are the righteous too proud to be called mammals? Are they so attached to one creation myth to be frightened of scientific endeavor? What of other creation myths? Is the magic of the righteous more powerful than all other's magic?

Is it hubris? Are the righteous so covetous of their status as homo sapiens that the very thought of connectivity to other species is anathema?

Why should the myth of Genesis be taught in science classes? Why should the myth of 'Intelligent Design', a myth that basically says some questions are just too hard to pursue, let alone answer, be taught as science?

Is the level of intellectual curiosity among the righteous so low that the pursuit of truth through scientific method is frightening? With that level of curiosity, it's a wonder mankind ever left the cave to see what is on the other side of the hill, let a.one leave tire tracks on the surface of the moon.

I'm a Christian but my faith does not impose ecclesiastical blinders to science.

Did I go overboard? I don't think so. I always ask myself. Why is it that every time someone posts a thread about the Christian faith, or anything that opposes the theory of evolution, countless atheists jump in and ridicule the one who posted it. It stands to reason that if you do not believe in God, then you wouldn't spend so much time and effort trying to convince others. Why do you care if someone believes in God or not?
It isn't Christian faith that makes people believe batshit crazy things. Plenty of people of other faiths and of no faith at all believe batshit crazy things. There is some other reason.

It isn't Christian faith that makes people believe batshit crazy things. Plenty of people of other faiths and of no faith at all believe batshit crazy things. There is some other reason.
One has to wonder why Atheists don't try to prove the Easter Bunny, or Santa Clause don't exist. Only God. Why is that?

Why is it so important for the righteous to push against evolution and for mythology? What makes creationism and its twisted cousin 'Intellegent Design' a priority?

Is it arrogance? Are the righteous too proud to be called mammals? Are they so attached to one creation myth to be frightened of scientific endeavor? What of other creation myths? Is the magic of the righteous more powerful than all other's magic?

Is it hubris? Are the righteous so covetous of their status as homo sapiens that the very thought of connectivity to other species is anathema?

Why should the myth of Genesis be taught in science classes? Why should the myth of 'Intelligent Design', a myth that basically says some questions are just too hard to pursue, let alone answer, be taught as science?

Is the level of intellectual curiosity among the righteous so low that the pursuit of truth through scientific method is frightening? With that level of curiosity, it's a wonder mankind ever left the cave to see what is on the other side of the hill, let a.one leave tire tracks on the surface of the moon.

I'm a Christian but my faith does not impose ecclesiastical blinders to science.

why should a lack of faith in the almighty creator god be prerequisite for the discussion of science? is science the state where there has to be a separation from the church, or does the first amendment cease to exist in a science book? how does that happen, anyways? you walk through the doorway of a laboratory and suddenly everything you believe vanishes away? perhaps a bell rings and you leave the lab and go through another doorway where in that room is a priest, would you remember anything about what happened in the lab just moments before when discussing your beliefs with the priest? hypothetically, that is?

...Someone found what I posted to be informative. That's good enough for me. ...
Uh, regarding some of the "informative" ratings of the original post, ... I don't think they mean what you think they mean.

zv5ycj.jpg

Forum List

Back