Dixiecrats Became Republicans??? A Lie.

I don't care what you ask, bfgrn, when it does not apply to the discussion.

You may be the less intelligent twin of bigrebnc, but that gets you no more pass than he.

You are an absolute fool if you think Romney is a Tea Party member or that he won't hit metaphorically Ryan and Cantor in the face once he has power, kick them when they are down, and stomp them.

Romney will reach to the center once he has the presidency and build a center right to center left coalition, excluding far lefities and far righties.

In the world that they inhabit........ McCarthy, Harding and Bush are heroes while FDR and Wilson are traitors. JFK has morphed into a Conservative and the founding fathers have Republican values

wingy.....I wrote this to you earlier:

"I sure wish I could take that on just your say-so.....

...but your record of veracity is.....what to call it...less than 'unblemished.'

Now, I recognize that in your day and age, writing out a supported response on a slate-board was somewhat onerous.....

...but using that keyboard in front of you makes it far easier.

Now....don't be lazy."

Get those B12 shots, and put a little effort in here!!!

Coming from the cut and paste princess?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nothing????

Ya' throwing in the towel???

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQveng3Wxz8]Say it ain't so Joe - 8 Men Out - YouTube[/ame]

I don't care what you ask, bfgrn, when it does not apply to the discussion.

You may be the less intelligent twin of bigrebnc, but that gets you no more pass than he.

You are an absolute fool if you think Romney is a Tea Party member or that he won't hit metaphorically Ryan and Cantor in the face once he has power, kick them when they are down, and stomp them.

Romney will reach to the center once he has the presidency and build a center right to center left coalition, excluding far lefities and far righties.

Men often make up in wrath what they lack in reason.
W. R. Alger

So, that is what you think of me Jake? Maybe you can ask a mod if you can take back the pos reps you used to send me.

Your delusions of Romney have no basis in any of the proposals he has put forward. So what you are saying is Romney is pretending to be to the right of Bush, until he gets elected...THEN we will see the REAL Romney...

No wrath just straight out point another's lack of ability and content. I pos rep everybody at one time or another, from far lefty to far righty. That includes bigrebnc as a matter of fact, once.

So if I rep you when ur right, I can neg rep you when ur are being deliberately ignorant.

Fact: in 2002, the senior republican in the US Senate said that America would be a better country TODAY if we had elected a racist segregationist, who supported a constitutional amendment permanently enshrining segregation as our national policy and permanently banning interracial marriage, as president in 1948 instead of Truman.

and the Dixiecrat he was talking about had, in fact, switched parties and was also a republican senator at the time those indelicate, but oh, so revealing sentiments were expressed.

Fact.

3. The occasion was the 100th birthday party of Strom Thrumond, being toasted by Trent Lott..

6. Fact: Lott was also a Democrat until 1972.
So one former Democrat was being cordial to another former Democrat

Regarding your #3.

Oh... so when Trent Lott said we would be a better country today if we had elected a racist as president in 1948, he really didn't mean that we would be a better country today if we had elected a racist as president in 1948. Those words were magical code words that didn't mean what they sounded like they meant... they somehow only meant, "Happy Birthday, Strom". ROFLMFAO.

regarding your #6.

that was the point that your thread was attempting to debunk all along, wasn't it? Racist democrats and dixiecrats DID become republicans... and fellow republicans rewarded them by making them their leaders, and by throwing lavish parties in their honor.

Fact: in 2002, the senior republican in the US Senate said that America would be a better country TODAY if we had elected a racist segregationist, who supported a constitutional amendment permanently enshrining segregation as our national policy and permanently banning interracial marriage, as president in 1948 instead of Truman.

and the Dixiecrat he was talking about had, in fact, switched parties and was also a republican senator at the time those indelicate, but oh, so revealing sentiments were expressed.

Fact.

3. The occasion was the 100th birthday party of Strom Thrumond, being toasted by Trent Lott..

6. Fact: Lott was also a Democrat until 1972.
So one former Democrat was being cordial to another former Democrat

Regarding your #3.

Oh... so when Trent Lott said we would be a better country today if we had elected a racist as president in 1948, he really didn't mean that we would be a better country today if we had elected a racist as president in 1948. Those words were magical code words that didn't mean what they sounded like they meant... they somehow only meant, "Happy Birthday, Strom". ROFLMFAO.

regarding your #6.

that was the point that your thread was attempting to debunk all along, wasn't it? Racist democrats and dixiecrats DID become republicans... and fellow republicans rewarded them by making them their leaders, and by throwing lavish parties in their honor.

You are the typical clueless 'reliable Democrat voter.'

The “Dixiecrats” Remained Democrats
The so-called “Dixiecrats” remained Democrats and did not migrate to the Republican Party. The Dixiecrats were a group of Southern Democrats who, in the 1948 national election, formed a third party, the State’s Rights Democratic Party with the slogan: “Segregation Forever!” Even so, they continued to be Democrats for all local and state elections, as well as for all future national elections.
Frequently Asked Questions | National Black Republican Association

Democrats supported and maintained segregation for 100 years. They had a military wing called the KKK.....

Democrat McGovern: “And I was as moved as well by the appearance in the Convention Hall of the Governor of Alabama, George Wallace. … Governor, we pray for your full recovery so you can stand up and speak out for all of those [racist Democrats] who see you as their champion.” ACCEPTANCE SPEECH OF SENATOR GEORGE MCGOVERN

....and you're still a dunce.

2. In 1948, Strom Thurmond ran as a “Dixiecrat,” not “Dixiecan.” They were segregations, and an offshoot of the Democrat Party. And they remained Democrats.

Strom Thurmond actually became a Republican you frickin' idiot.

The last segregationist to make a serious bid for governor of a state was named David Duke - a Republican.

And the only party with members of Congress who want to repeal the Civil Rights Act starts with an "R"

2. In 1948, Strom Thurmond ran as a “Dixiecrat,” not “Dixiecan.” They were segregations, and an offshoot of the Democrat Party. And they remained Democrats.

The last segregationist to make a serious bid for governor of a state was named David Duke - a Republican.

And the only party with members of Congress who want to repeal the Civil Rights Act starts with an "R"

From the OP:
"5. The most important points: all the segregationists in the Senate were Democrats, and remained same for the rest of their lives…except for one.
a. And they were not conservative.

b. Strom Thurmond became a Republican, albeit 16 years later.
Lets see how many of the 12 in the Senate were conservative."

Speaks to your ability, reading and comprehension, doesn't it?

From the OP:
"5. The most important points: all the segregationists in the Senate were Democrats, and remained same for the rest of their lives…except for one.

I can comprehend fine, I just don't get your point. Are you saying I shouldn't vote for Robert Byrd? OK, I don't live in his state - no problemo.

No wrath just straight out point another's lack of ability and content. I pos rep everybody at one time or another, from far lefty to far righty. That includes bigrebnc as a matter of fact, once.

So if I rep you when ur right, I can neg rep you when ur are being deliberately ignorant.

Romney has proposed NOTHING that could possibly mistaken for centrist. He told us last night he would end Medicare for people under 60. He told us last night that he would privatize the commons, and anything else he can possibly liquidate. He said he would pander to the most extreme elements of the GOP, the TEABAGGERS and implement their EXTREME anti-environment agenda. He told us last night he would implement Paul Ryan's budget which means the word 'public' would no longer exist. The Congressional Budget Office's projection of the Ryan budget estimates to 2050. Defense spending would be kept relatively constant, while what the government has left would be "0.75 percent of GDP - about 100 billion for everything besides defense that the government does." That's what is devoted to education and vocational training now. Suppose that was kept.

"It would leave nothing for infrastructure. Nothing for unemployment insurance. Nothing for food stamps. Nothing for border patrol. Nothing for the FDA, FAA, or FBI. Nothing for research and development. Nothing, even, to pay people to work in government! Do you think it's important to support our veterans with health care, education, and retirement security? Sorry. Veterans programs currently cost more than 1% of our GDP. There would be no room."

The Congressional Budget office estimates that Ryan's "long-term budget, if you project forward defense spending, would cut 91 percent from these and all other non-defense programs. Ninety-one percent." That's 91 percent of The Public gone: Medical and scientific research. Pell grants. The EPA. The NIH. NPR. The small business administration. Unemployment insurance. Regulation of corporations. Money to help state and local governments. Highway repair. Air traffic controllers. And all government employees doing everything The Public does.

So, you should neg rep yourself Jake.

Read the history sometime. PC reads only Coulter, a paid talking head who contributes the same BS as McCarthy once did. Sad human beings who bring nothing to the table, nor do anything more than point fingers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Fisher_(lawyer)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po5GlFba5Yg]Welch versus Joseph McCarthy 1-2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTwDUpbQHJg]Welch versus Joseph McCarthy 2-2 - YouTube[/ame]

From the OP:

I can comprehend fine, I just don't get your point. Are you saying I shouldn't vote for Robert Byrd? OK, I don't live in his state - no problemo.

"I can comprehend fine,..."

No, you can't.

This is why you don't get to mark your own paper. You screamed an imprecation about me not knowing that he became a Republican....

....yet my statement of just that was three items down from the one you quoted.

And now you pretend that that isn't the basis of the above post.
The honorable thing would have been to admit that you made a mistake.

You know what 'honorable' means, don't you?

Read the history sometime. PC reads only Coulter, a paid talking head who contributes the same BS as McCarthy once did. Sad human beings who bring nothing to the table, nor do anything more than point fingers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Fisher_(lawyer)

Welch versus Joseph McCarthy 1-2 - YouTube

Welch versus Joseph McCarthy 2-2 - YouTube

6. Have you read 'The Venona Papers," Haynes and Klehr?

I have.

7. Have you read "The Sword and the Shield: The Mitrokhin Archive and the Secret History of the KGB by Christopher Andrew and Vasili Mitrokhin

I have.

8. Have you read "The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression" by Jean-Louis Panné, Andrzej Paczkowski, Karel Bartosek and Jean-Louis Margolin

I have

From an earlier post.....missed it?

A pathetic Anne Coulter wannabe only humiliates herself. Ann Coulter is a political hack who makes a living writing outrageous bullshit that plays on the hatred of the likes of you. And you swallow it and wallow in it.

"...on the hatred..."
Now, nonoodles....look each of our posts....you're the angry one...I've been laughing at you all day.

"A pathetic Anne Coulter..."
So....which of her best-sellers have you read?

You couldn't be dumb enough to proclaim a strong view without ever having read any of 'em......

.....could you?

If you were laughing all day you must have finally gotten the humor in my original statement. I did not think that it was that funny though, but it is good to see that you can laugh at yourself.

So....which of her best-sellers have you read?

You couldn't be dumb enough to proclaim a strong view without ever having read any of 'em......

.....could you?

PC, witch hunts are witch hunts. You live in so dense a bubble you forget the history of the time. You also fail to recognize being a communist then in America is kinda like being a right winger today. I'll let you see if you can figure out why. A bit of the history is below and the Verona papers are hardly a source of accurate info. You have to place your bed on the floor, that way the bogeyman will have no place to hide. Drop this odd worship of Coulter, she's a paid paranoid nutcase. I hoping she gets married and has ten kids, but so cranky a person may never really live life. Cheer up, life will be the same when we are all dust. :lol:

https://files.nyu.edu/th15/public/venona3.html

Did sen. McCarthy's "Red Scare" Communist hunt find any real spies?

From first link: "The messages [deleted] furnishes the Bureau are, for the most part, very fragmentary and full of gaps. Some parts of the messages can never be recovered again because during the actual intercept the complete message was not obtained. Other portions can be recovered only through the skill of the cryptographers and with the Bureau's assistance. Frequently, through an examination of the messages and from a review of Bureau files, the Bureau can offer suspects for individuals involved.
Belmont was frank with his colleagues:

It must be realized that the [deleted] cryptographers make certain assumptions as to meanings when deciphering these messages and thereafter the proper translations of Russian idioms can become a problem. It is for such reasons that [deleted] has indicated that almost anything included in a translation of one of these deciphered messages may in the future be radically revised."

You are entitled to be silly.

Romney took last night easily, more easily than I expected, and I expect the next debate for Romney to move ever more to the center.

Romney has proposed NOTHING that could possibly mistaken for centrist. He told us last night he would end Medicare for people under 60. He told us last night that he would privatize the commons, and anything else he can possibly liquidate. He said he would pander to the most extreme elements of the GOP, the TEABAGGERS and implement their EXTREME anti-environment agenda. He told us last night he would implement Paul Ryan's budget which means the word 'public' would no longer exist. The Congressional Budget Office's projection of the Ryan budget estimates to 2050. Defense spending would be kept relatively constant, while what the government has left would be "0.75 percent of GDP - about 100 billion for everything besides defense that the government does." That's what is devoted to education and vocational training now. Suppose that was kept.

"It would leave nothing for infrastructure. Nothing for unemployment insurance. Nothing for food stamps. Nothing for border patrol. Nothing for the FDA, FAA, or FBI. Nothing for research and development. Nothing, even, to pay people to work in government! Do you think it's important to support our veterans with health care, education, and retirement security? Sorry. Veterans programs currently cost more than 1% of our GDP. There would be no room."

The Congressional Budget office estimates that Ryan's "long-term budget, if you project forward defense spending, would cut 91 percent from these and all other non-defense programs. Ninety-one percent." That's 91 percent of The Public gone: Medical and scientific research. Pell grants. The EPA. The NIH. NPR. The small business administration. Unemployment insurance. Regulation of corporations. Money to help state and local governments. Highway repair. Air traffic controllers. And all government employees doing everything The Public does.

So, you should neg rep yourself Jake.

PC is reading libertarian trash and pretending that it is all quality.

That is a trash position itself.

Forum List

Back