Dixiecrats Became Republicans??? A Lie.

Moron. Go dig up Strom Thurmond and ask him about his and his guys' change to the GOP. Moron.

Fact: in 2002, the senior republican in the US Senate said that America would be a better country TODAY if we had elected a racist segregationist, who supported a constitutional amendment permanently enshrining segregation as our national policy and permanently banning interracial marriage, as president in 1948 instead of Truman.

and the Dixiecrat he was talking about had, in fact, switched parties and was also a republican senator at the time those indelicate, but oh, so revealing sentiments were expressed.

Fact.

1. Fact: you are a dunce, otherwise described as a reliable Democrat voter

2. Fact: you haven't a clue as to the context. Probably don't know what context means.

3. The occasion was the 100th birthday party of Strom Thrumond, being toasted by Trent Lott.
He was being kind to an old man.

4. Fact: Thurmond had run on the Dixiecrat ticket, a Democrat....54 years prior.

5. Fact: when he lost in 1948, he went right back to being a Democrat. He became a Republican 16 years afterwards.

6. Fact: Lott was also a Democrat until 1972.
So one former Democrat was being cordial to another former Democrat

7. Fact:Bill Clinton gave the Medal of Freedom award to a lifelong segregationist, Democrat Wm. J. Fulbright. And another life-long segregationist, Democrat Albert Gore, Sr. was in attendance.

8. Fact: Democrat Robert Byrd was a kleagle in the KKK. Democrats made Byrd sec'y of the Senate Democratic Caucus, Senate majority leader, Senate minority leader.

9. Fact: When Byrd died in 2010, Democrat Bill Clinton eulogized him in "The Hill"

10. Fact: you're still a dunce.

Last edited:
It was not a case of Dixiecrats changing party affiliation

What happened was segregationist voters who blamed civil rights on the Democrats, swiched loyaties to new Republicans who now embraced their views. Republicans ran against busing, against afirmative action, against equal rights legislation

The south has been Republican ever since

1. As the man said of the three holes in the ground, "Well, well, well."

2. How unusual is it to have wingy support my OP????
Wising up!!

3. Yes...the meme that is so prevalent among the uninformed that Republicans were the segregationists, or that Dixiecrats switched parties to become Republicans....all lies to cover the disgraceful past of the Democrat Party....slavery and segregation.

4. "What happened was segregationist voters who blamed civil rights on the Democrats, switched loyalties to new Republicans..."

Oh, no.....

You were doing so well....sorry that I have to send you to the penalty box on this one.

Segregationist voters were Democrats, remained Democrats to the end.
Why do you think the Democrat Senators in the OP continued to be re-elected???

But if you ask nicely I might post an OP stating the facts of the segregationist vote, and who they voted for.

Wanna guess?
Right!!! Democrats.

But....there is hope for you!

LMAO. She sent you to the penalty box mid post.

For a right winger to insist it's the Republican Party that's for racial equality is pathetic. You only have to read the endless "why white people are better than black people" threads and who starts them to know the truth.

Don't start a thread that is so obviously laughable.

Remember, when Rick Santorum told an auditorium of Republicans the Republican Party has no smart people, they "CHEERED". They cheered being called stupid. We aren't ALL Republicans.

Why is Joseph McCarthy so important to republicans? There are constant apologies for a man who from everything I have read was a drunk and a liar. His list of communists was a fraud, same as that tea party buffoon from Florida, Alan West. Is retardation an inheritable trait among republicans? Do they take republicans, like PC, into a room and brainwash them with McCarthy as saint images? Weirdest historical nonsense, and it must soothe the likes of a Coulter to rehash a buffoon. The communists in real communist countries have even given up on their glorification of losers, time PC and Coulter found something relevant to today. "Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you no sense of decency?" Joseph Nye Welch, the Army's chief counsel addressing JM.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/217704-alan--heard-80-dems-are-communists-6.html#post5130623

Oooo! Ooo! Call on me!!!

'Cause the hero, Senator Joseph McCarthy stood up for America in the face of interminable attacks....

1. McCarthy’s primary goal was not to expose individual Communists, he was simply demanding of the liberal establishment: Why were they sheltering traitors? It was the exact same point Eisenhower was making when he directed Attorney General Brownell to inform the public that President Truman had wittingly place a Soviet spy in a key position at the IMF… For decades, people who should not have been allowed anywhere a government job were strolling into sensitive positions with the US government. For the most part, accusations were not aimed at sending the accused to a gulag, only to private practice.

2. “A host of other right-wing Republicans had sought to dramatize the communism issue, but only McCarthy succeeded. And McCarthy succeeded while the others did not in part because of his thoroughgoing contempt for the rules of political controversy.”
Michael Paul Rogin, The Intellectuals and McCarthy: The Radical Specter, p. 251

He forced liberals to explain themselves in full view of the American people. So they made McCarthy the issue.

3. The question wasn’t simply whether people like William Remington were agents of Stalin. He was [War Production Board; Office of Emergency Management, convicted for perjury, killed in prison] (see listing of Soviet agents List of Soviet agents in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
The question was whether he should be working for the government.

4. Fifty years of liberal propaganda got people to thinking of Communist Party member as lovable idealists and the urge to fire them from their government jobs as an irrational anachronistic prejudice. Allowing card-carrying members of the Communist Party to handle classified material after the Alger Hiss case would be like encouraging al-Qaeda members to carry box cutters on airplanes after 9-11.

5. "...from everything I have read..."
Pu-leezze!
You and I both know what you read: communist propaganda from 'Sojurners.'

6. Have you read 'The Venona Papers," Haynes and Klehr?

I have.

7. Have you read "The Sword and the Shield: The Mitrokhin Archive and the Secret History of the KGB by Christopher Andrew and Vasili Mitrokhin

I have.

8. Have you read "The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression" by Jean-Louis Panné, Andrzej Paczkowski, Karel Bartosek and Jean-Louis Margolin

I have

9. Yet you, a brainwashed simpleton have the nerve to throw around the word 'retardation.'

For a right winger to insist it's the Republican Party that's for racial equality is pathetic. You only have to read the endless "why white people are better than black people" threads and who starts them to know the truth.

Don't start a thread that is so obviously laughable.

Remember, when Rick Santorum told an auditorium of Republicans the Republican Party has no smart people, they "CHEERED". They cheered being called stupid. We aren't ALL Republicans.

Double-dog dare ya' to comment on this:

"On June 13, 2005, in a resolution sponsored by senators Mary Landrieu of Louisiana and George Allen of Virginia, together with 78 others, the US Senate formally apologized for its failure to enact this and other anti-lynching bills "when action was most needed."[3] From 1882-1968, "...nearly 200 anti-lynching bills were introduced in Congress, and three passed the House. Seven presidents between 1890 and 1952 petitioned Congress to pass a federal law."[3] None was approved by the Senate because of the powerful opposition of the Southern Democratic voting bloc"
Senate Apologizes for Not Passing Anti-Lynching Laws | Fox News

Know what lynching is?
For it or against it, scissor-boy?

Fact: in 2002, the senior republican in the US Senate said that America would be a better country TODAY if we had elected a racist segregationist, who supported a constitutional amendment permanently enshrining segregation as our national policy and permanently banning interracial marriage, as president in 1948 instead of Truman.

and the Dixiecrat he was talking about had, in fact, switched parties and was also a republican senator at the time those indelicate, but oh, so revealing sentiments were expressed.

Fact.

1. Fact: you are a dunce, otherwise described as a reliable Democrat voter

2. Fact: you haven't a clue as to the context. Probably don't know what context means.

3. The occasion was the 100th birthday party of Strom Thrumond, being toasted by Trent Lott.
He was being kind to an old man.

4. Fact: Thurmond had run on the Dixiecrat ticket, a Democrat....54 years prior.

5. Fact: when he lost in 1948, he went right back to being a Democrat. He became a Republican 16 years afterwards.

6. Fact: Lott was also a Democrat until 1972.
So one former Democrat was being cordial to another former Democrat

7. Fact:Bill Clinton gave the Medal of Freedom award to a lifelong segregationist, Democrat Wm. J. Fulbright. And another life-long segregationist, Democrat Albert Gore, Sr. was in attendance.

8. Fact: Democrat Robert Byrd was a kleagle in the KKK. Democrats made Byrd sec'y of the Senate Democratic Caucus, Senate majority leader, Senate minority leader.

9. Fact: When Byrd died in 2010, Democrat Bill Clinton eulogized him in "The Hill"

10. Fact: you're still a dunce.

That's just a pithy and charming way to end a glorious post.

It sure isn't painful to observe the comic gold that you provide, nonoodles!!!!

I got such a kick out of you proving what a dunce you are......again.

Wasn't that great, you launching an attack against me....but using the incorrect word!!

Was that justice or what!!

And where is my 'thanks' for teaching you the correct word, huh????
Bet you think an innuendo is an Italian suppository…
…so stupid, if the teacher told you to do an essay you’d have sex with a Mexican.

I haven't had this much fun since the 2010 midterm elections!

OK, ok...I know...a conservative is never so tall as when she stoops to teach a liberal the English language....

And thank you so very much for mentioning me in the same sentence with the magnificent Queen Ann!!!
Made my day!

You are really pathetic. Not even enough of a person to want to be yourself. And if it was not for me, no one would be replying to you on your boring thread.

Perhaps you should drop a few bucks and invest in a joke book, I hear they are useful for the terminally boring.

"You are really pathetic."

nonoodles.......bet you don't realize how much you sound like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Z2MP8vMWU&feature=related]That's Despicable - YouTube[/ame]

I bet you thought I’d run out of ways to humiliate you.

A pathetic Anne Coulter wannabe only humiliates herself. Ann Coulter is a political hack who makes a living writing outrageous bullshit that plays on the hatred of the likes of you. And you swallow it and wallow in it.

Last edited:
Why is Joseph McCarthy so important to republicans? There are constant apologies for a man who from everything I have read was a drunk and a liar. His list of communists was a fraud, same as that tea party buffoon from Florida, Alan West. Is retardation an inheritable trait among republicans? Do they take republicans, like PC, into a room and brainwash them with McCarthy as saint images? Weirdest historical nonsense, and it must soothe the likes of a Coulter to rehash a buffoon. The communists in real communist countries have even given up on their glorification of losers, time PC and Coulter found something relevant to today. "Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you no sense of decency?" Joseph Nye Welch, the Army's chief counsel addressing JM.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/217704-alan--heard-80-dems-are-communists-6.html#post5130623

In the world that they inhabit........ McCarthy, Harding and Bush are heroes while FDR and Wilson are traitors. JFK has morphed into a Conservative and the founding fathers have Republican values

When the McCarthy and the Dixiecrat stuff here, I send it over to a friend at the U, who passes it out to the history and government and sociology profs. They giggle, then use it for logical fallacies by the Extreme Right in American culture. They also do it for the Far Left as well in class. It is nice to know that some of these people, Far Left and Far Right, have some justification for the resources the consume.

When the McCarthy and the Dixiecrat stuff here, I send it over to a friend at the U, who passes it out to the history and government and sociology profs. They giggle, then use it for logical fallacies by the Extreme Right in American culture. They also do it for the Far Left as well in class. It is nice to know that some of these people, Far Left and Far Right, have some justification for the resources the consume.

Who you kiddin'....

....you have no friends.

Hey Jake, can you identify this far left in Congress?

I can. Can you?

I can. Can you?

Then do it Jake. End your constant use of obfuscation. Who are they, what policies have they been able to get through Congress?

Unimportant to this debate is why. What is important to know is that it is weak and very cowardly.

The greater danger, at the moment, is the far right. Cowardly but more active.

You are really pathetic. Not even enough of a person to want to be yourself. And if it was not for me, no one would be replying to you on your boring thread.

Perhaps you should drop a few bucks and invest in a joke book, I hear they are useful for the terminally boring.

"You are really pathetic."

nonoodles.......bet you don't realize how much you sound like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Z2MP8vMWU&feature=related]That's Despicable - YouTube[/ame]

I bet you thought I’d run out of ways to humiliate you.

A pathetic Anne Coulter wannabe only humiliates herself. Ann Coulter is a political hack who makes a living writing outrageous bullshit that plays on the hatred of the likes of you. And you swallow it and wallow in it.

"...on the hatred..."
Now, nonoodles....look each of our posts....you're the angry one...I've been laughing at you all day.

"A pathetic Anne Coulter..."
So....which of her best-sellers have you read?

You couldn't be dumb enough to proclaim a strong view without ever having read any of 'em......

.....could you?

In the world that they inhabit........ McCarthy, Harding and Bush are heroes while FDR and Wilson are traitors. JFK has morphed into a Conservative and the founding fathers have Republican values

wingy.....I wrote this to you earlier:

"I sure wish I could take that on just your say-so.....

...but your record of veracity is.....what to call it...less than 'unblemished.'

Now, I recognize that in your day and age, writing out a supported response on a slate-board was somewhat onerous.....

...but using that keyboard in front of you makes it far easier.

Now....don't be lazy."

Get those B12 shots, and put a little effort in here!!!

wingy.....I wrote this to you earlier:

"I sure wish I could take that on just your say-so.....

...but your record of veracity is.....what to call it...less than 'unblemished.'

Now, I recognize that in your day and age, writing out a supported response on a slate-board was somewhat onerous.....

...but using that keyboard in front of you makes it far easier.

Now....don't be lazy."

Get those B12 shots, and put a little effort in here!!!

Coming from the cut and paste princess?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Unimportant to this debate is why. What is important to know is that it is weak and very cowardly.

The greater danger, at the moment, is the far right. Cowardly but more active.

I didn't ask why, I asked who and what.

But I do have one 'why' question...

If the greatest danger at the moment, is the far right, WHY do you support a candidate who will take this country farther to the right Jake?

Forum List

Back