Dixie-isms

Dixie

Jan 10, 2010
Nashville
Each day on Facebook, I try to come up with a statement I'd like to make a point with for my status post. I usually avoid using a quote from somebody else, preferring to make up my own. I decided I'll post some here and will keep them in one thread. I'm still tryin' to figure out how y'all do things here so if this isn't ok I trust someone will tell me so!

Sooo, to get things started...

"If anybody tells ya the good die young, tell 'em you've evidence to the contrary and send 'em to see me." :cool:

I have a bunch of these, so I'll post a couple more for now...

"A good friend will wipe your tears and tell you everything will be ok; your best friend will hold you while you sob."

"Rarely does one die from laughter, though many have drowned in tears."

:cool:

Those are good ones, y'all. And, the little bug?? Omg! I was owned on that one!

Here are a few more Dixie-isms...

1) The problem with hind site is you have to remove your head from your butt or you still can't see.

2) The best thing about political jokes is they're eternally recyclable; the players change but the game never does.

3) Tyranny at the hands of the majority is avoided only by challenging assertions we're a democracy and, further, insisting that our republic be assured.

And, one I didn't write myself...

"If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to a library." - Frank Zappa

A few more...

Popularity is the solidification of the lowest common denominator.

It's adrift a morning lake of smiles rippling wide I'll find today's song.

Be brief...knohm sayn?

And, one I didn't write...

"The mightiest of weapons is truth. And everyone knows you're not permitted to enter a government building with a weapon." - The Covert Comic

"A good friend will wipe your tears and tell you everything will be ok; your best friend will hold you while you sob."

In the same vein, here is a touching one:

The difference between a friend and a good friend. "A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a dead body."

Thank you very much.

1) If you're praying for potatoes, pick up the hoe too.

2) Not every hill is worth dying on; choose your battles wisely and survive to win the war.

3) The biggest step forward is oft one taken backward to clean up a mess you made.

And, one I didn't write...

"Helped are those who find something in Creation to admire each and every hour. Their days will overflow with beauty and the darkest dungeon will offer gifts." - From "The Gospel According to Shug" in Alice Walker's book, Temple of My Familiar.

Apparently so. But I'm thinkin' 'bout revamping my online image...maybe go with a pic of me topless while playing a guitar?

:tongue:

Apparently so. But I'm thinkin' 'bout revamping my online image...maybe go with a pic of me topless while playing a guitar?

:tongue:

Ha! Not so funny after you changed your avie!

=============================

1) The real soul food is music.

2) Slip covers ...mood altering substances when life's a chair of bowlies.

One I didn't write...

"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle." (70s feminist t-shirt line)

Forum List

Back