divorce.....

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
today my personal assistant asked me to lunch to tell me that her and her husband are getting a divorce....new house...6 year olde daughter......what do you say to someone.....bloody tragic.....

poor girl

manu1959 said:
today my personal assistant asked me to lunch to tell me that her and her husband are getting a divorce....new house...6 year olde daughter......what do you say to someone.....bloody tragic.....

poor girl

You listen, then say how sorry you are and if you and your wife can be there for her and her little girl you will. But you already knew that, that was more of a rhetorical question???

You need to tell her that you hope her personal problems don't become an excuse for shoddy performance at work. :teeth:

rtwngAvngr said:
You need to tell her that you hope her personal problems don't become an excuse for shoddy performance at work. :teeth:

Ass.

Bonnie said:
You listen, then say how sorry you are and if you and your wife can be there for her and her little girl you will. But you already knew that, that was more of a rhetorical question???
Bonnie's right.... there isn't much more you can do than that.....

it's frustrating, actually....

P.S. I could start on the need for divorce reform in this country, but I'll spare you all......

Say you understand it's hard for her, but a woman has to trade up when and if she can. What about her happiness?

She probably seeks an extroverted, financially and emotionally stable sports lover who loves to travel, and is taller than 5'11.

:banana2:

Women do not "trade up" unless their current model becomes totally unreliable, and isn't worth the cost of repairs. :D

Shattered said:
Women do not "trade up" unless their current model becomes totally unreliable, and isn't worth the cost of repairs. :D

A woman always has the right to change her mind. Isn't that how the saying goes?

Sure.. When it comes to shoes, purses, bras, and makeup.

MOST women aren't fickle enough to get married, and then just change their minds out of the blue.. There's usually a problem somewhere that one, or both people are ignoring.

Shattered said:

MOST women aren't fickle enough to get married, and then just change their minds out of the blue.. There's usually a problem somewhere that one, or both people are ignoring.

Problems can be created, when the heart seeks to be free again.

Shattered said:

Most women tend to marry a project, then at some point they figure out they can't "fix" his problems and that they married a jerk. In this case it was after they had a child...

:smoke:

I feel for that kid.

no1tovote4 said:
Most women tend to marry a project, then at some point they figure out they can't "fix" his problems and that they married a jerk. In this case it was after they had a child...

:smoke:

I feel for that kid.

Sometimes works the other way around, too. That's even worse because the kid ends up being raised by a nut case.

Forum List

Back