District Will Suspend Kids Who Leave Class To Protest Florida Shooting

Walk out...en masse....get suspended en masse. Good for the kids....take the consequences or else the civil disobedience means little.

Enjoy re-doing same lessons while others move ahead. :)

FL does quite a bit already to protect the students.

Popo in the schools and all that.

There was popo in the school when I was there, yeah, that was a long time ago.

Suspended students cannot make up missed work in any district I have ever worked.

Do it on your own time, kids.

"Please be advised that the Needville ISD will not allow a student demonstration during school hours for any type of protest or awareness!! Should students choose to do so, they will be suspended from school for 3 days and face all the consequences that come along with an out of school suspension. Life is all about choices and every choice has a consequence whether it be positive or negative. We will discipline no matter if it is one, fifty, or five hundred students involved. All will be suspended for 3 days and parent notes will not alleviate the discipline."

District Will Suspend Kids Who Leave Class To Protest Florida Shooting - 'We Are Here For An Education And Not A Political Protest'

ah, the state overrules the parents

good to see a con walking the walk

:lol:

Walk out...en masse....get suspended en masse. Good for the kids....take the consequences or else the civil disobedience means little.
Easy for you to say. They are the ones that will take the hits to their grades and possibly their permanent record. They better think this one through, they are being played by Liberals who could care less about the consequences to them.
Oh no!!! Not their permanent records!!! :eek:

Enjoy re-doing same lessons while others move ahead. :)

FL does quite a bit already to protect the students.

Popo in the schools and all that.

There was popo in the school when I was there, yeah, that was a long time ago.

Suspended students cannot make up missed work in any district I have ever worked.
And all of their lives were forever ruined and they died alone. All because of missing 3 days of school! The horror! :crybaby:

"Please be advised that the Needville ISD will not allow a student demonstration during school hours for any type of protest or awareness!! Should students choose to do so, they will be suspended from school for 3 days and face all the consequences that come along with an out of school suspension. Life is all about choices and every choice has a consequence whether it be positive or negative. We will discipline no matter if it is one, fifty, or five hundred students involved. All will be suspended for 3 days and parent notes will not alleviate the discipline."

District Will Suspend Kids Who Leave Class To Protest Florida Shooting - 'We Are Here For An Education And Not A Political Protest'
Hey free vacation ime

Hey, if you wanna fail, up to you. :dunno:
Fail what? A few worksheets? It’s 3 days. It won’t affect anything.

The perfect attitude if you're on a career path to fry flipper.

Rules is rules. My wife was in the system for years.

Hey free vacation ime

Was your entire school career a suspension, and so you never learned that french fries don’t get flipped?

that's nice

personally, i'd back my kid, not some overpaid stooge in a suit.

Hey free vacation ime

Was your entire school career a suspension, and so you never learned that french froes don’t get flipped?

What the hell is a french froe?

Me? I was the perfect student. Hands folded on the desk yes sir yes ma'am.

:lmao:

I saw it in Vietnam

Go ahead....suspend the whole school
It will make your suspension meaningless

that's nice

personally, i'd back my kid, not some overpaid stooge in a suit.

Depends upon circumstances.

Students should learn as MLK Jr. taught...civil disobedience is not to avoid the punishment...it's to overwhelm the system to show the injustice in it.

That is not civil disobedience, but simple disobedience. They do not vote, ergo have no way to forward their political whims.
Civil disobedience doesn't just come with voting age. Good for them if they really believe in their cause.

I saw it in Vietnam

Go ahead....suspend the whole school
It will make your suspension meaningless

They suspended students in Vietnam?

I thought they pounded chopsticks in their ears if they got out of line.

That is why I refuse to believe any of the stuff you claim about yourself. You have no self-discipline.
I have enough self discipline to know what these kids believe is right and point out that if they are willing to take the consequences, go right ahead. Perhaps you believe that they should cower to authority?

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Students should learn as MLK Jr. taught...civil disobedience is not to avoid the punishment...it's to overwhelm the system to show the injustice in it.

That is not civil disobedience, but simple disobedience. They do not vote, ergo have no way to forward their political whims.
Civil disobedience doesn't just come with voting age. Good for them if they really believe in their cause.

People ineligible to vote should not have a "cause". That is not their responsibility!

Easy for you to say. They are the ones that will take the hits to their grades and possibly their permanent record. They better think this one through, they are being played by Liberals who could care less about the consequences to them.
Oh no!!! Not their permanent records!!! :eek:
Why did George Carlin just pop into my head......:lol:

People ineligible to vote should not have a "cause". That is not their responsibility!
Oh really? How sad that you would believe that. Many in the civil rights movement were too young to vote too....yet they stood up for what was right and we are all the better for them doing so.

Forum List

Back