Disney failure: WHY?

I think you can't do comedies without offending someone these days.

I think what I would prefer is creating art rather than producing product.

Take Star Wars. Disney paid 4 billion for it from George Lucas and then decided they were going to produce a new product even if they didn't have a vision for it. So, they produced the sequel trilogy that everyone hated, followed by one crappy series after another on Disney Plus that everyone hated. Particularly the Boba Fett and Obi-Wan series, which everyone really wanted until they actually got them.

I have never liked Star Wars. Only 1 and 2. Then it jumped the shark in 3.

Like Superman. Was Richard Pryor in 3?

So I'm sure you don't approve of the water downed, deep dives into certain star war characters. Eventually you get lost and realize it's garbage.

I never liked Harry Potter either. These are all things I should love but suck. Star Wars, IMO, sucks, and I LOVE the concept. Star Trek is better.

I can't put my finger on why Star Wars sucks. It's all over the place and the scenes aren't captivating my attention. Do you know what I mean? I wish I were a big Star Wars fan but they lost me very early on. Now you know how I've felt for years.

I have never liked Star Wars. Only 1 and 2. Then it jumped the shark in 3.

Like Superman. Was Richard Pryor in 3?

So I'm sure you don't approve of the water downed, deep dives into certain star war characters. Eventually you get lost and realize it's garbage.

I never liked Harry Potter either. These are all things I should love but suck. Star Wars, IMO, sucks, and I LOVE the concept. Star Trek is better.

I can't put my finger on why Star Wars sucks. It's all over the place and the scenes aren't captivating my attention. Do you know what I mean? I wish I were a big Star Wars fan but they lost me very early on. Now you know how I've felt for years.
I thought the Prequels were better than everyone says they are. If you take the six movies together, they are a sprawling SF epic.

I consider myself a Trekker, but Star Trek hasn't been "Good" since Deep Space Nine wrapped. I think the same problem, they wanted to produce "product" to sell first UPN, then CBS All Access and then Paramount Plus.

I thought the Prequels were better than everyone says they are. If you take the six movies together, they are a sprawling SF epic.

I consider myself a Trekker, but Star Trek hasn't been "Good" since Deep Space Nine wrapped. I think the same problem, they wanted to produce "product" to sell first UPN, then CBS All Access and then Paramount Plus.

The premise is that they live on a space ship that can travel from world to world. I LOVED the recent one (it wasn't star trek) where they were going from earth to a new planet that they would have to make inhabitable once they arrived. And they had the technology to do it. Magnets to get the planet spinning. Pretty cool.

What happened to the Ark? Great idea. Not out of the rhelm of possibility. Something that will probably happen in the next 500 years.

We know of over a thousand stars within fifty lightyears and expect that about 4,000 extrasolar planets orbit these stars. About a thousand roughly earth-sized planets are thought to be in the habitable zone.

It turns out that stars like our sun may not have to be alive and thriving to sustain life. Scientists say they have discovered a possible "major planet" orbiting a dying sun that could potentially support life for generations to come.

Kepler-452b (sometimes quoted to be an Earth 2.0 or Earth's Cousin[3][4] based on its characteristics;

As I've said, I have mixed feelings about Disney. On one hand, they are trying to do the right thing by their LGBTQ customers/fans. Their employees had to kick up a storm to get them to do it, but they did. Of course, given how many actors and others from that community they hire, they really couldn't. (Ironic thing, Disney refers to their staff as "Cast Members". When I was trying to sort out some pictures from my honeymoon, they referred to the guy on the phone as a "Cast Member". )

On the other hand, they have really ruined some of my favorite intellectual properties. The Indian Jones film wasn't that bad, but it was unnecessary. (It also underwent massive reshoots, telling me whatever they originally foisted on the fans was much, much worse.) Star Wars has turned into a steady stream of crap since they acquired it. They haven't produced a good Marvel movie in years.

Now, yes, they are making money off the merchandising and theme parks, which I guess allows them to set piles of money on fire with movies that the fans hate. But is that sustainable?
Disney films did pretty well at the box office in 2023. Most Disney movies are not really made by Disney. They just finance them and distribute them.
The top movies at the box office in 2023 include 3 Disney movies. No other studio had more than 3 in the top 10.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3.
The Little Mermaid
Elemental

Forum List

Back