Disney failure: WHY?

For Disney it was not a bad deal. Although they gave up 57% ownership in the resort plus plans for a Disney Channel in China they are keeping most of the profits as they are not paying a 25% corporate tax, local taxes, and other fees. Having the Chinese government as a partner in a business venture has many advantages in China.

By tapping into China's mushrooming middle class, the park became an instant smash hit. According to Kevin Lansberry, Interim Disney Chief Financial Officer Shanghai Disney, is seeing record highs in revenue, operating income, and profit margins.

You skipped the part where Disney has partnered with the Chinese government, giving them substantial funds and ownership.
China is an absolute enemy to the American public, although most are too stupid to realize it.. and just want to buy low priced items made by Chinese essentially slave labor.

You skipped the part where Disney has partnered with the Chinese government, giving them substantial funds and ownership.
China is an absolute enemy to the American public, although most are too stupid to realize it.. and just want to buy low priced items made by Chinese essentially slave labor.
You don't understand, whether you are Disney, Apple, or any other large international corporation, you can't do business in China without being involved with the government. And if you don't do business in China you are cutting yourself out of a huge market.

Why is Disney failing? China is behind all this goofy liberal "woke" DEI ESG garbage. China has a lot of money and can afford losing billions funding these losing companies like Disney. Disney is pumping out trash NOBODY WANTS and is losing millions. Reminds me of a line from the flick Citizen Cane: "At that rate of spending, they can go on for the next 80 years". By the way, Biden got over $5 Million from China recently (after that balloon kerfuffle) but nobody knows for WHAT. Amazing.

Why is Disney failing? China is behind all this goofy liberal "woke" DEI ESG garbage. China has a lot of money and can afford losing billions funding these losing companies like Disney. Disney is pumping out trash NOBODY WANTS and is losing millions. Reminds me of a line from the flick Citizen Cane: "At that rate of spending, they can go on for the next 80 years". By the way, Biden got over $5 Million from China recently (after that balloon kerfuffle) but nobody knows for WHAT. Amazing.
Disney is not failing. They are projected to earn abut $4.50 a share and their cash on hand at the end of 2023 is $14.1 billion. Their theme parks in both Hong Kong and Shanghai are proving to be very profitable.

Disney is not failing. They are projected to earn abut $4.50 a share and their cash on hand at the end of 2023 is $14.1 billion. Their theme parks in both Hong Kong and Shanghai are proving to be very profitable.
I don't bother addressing that. Amazing. You are basically telling me to ignore my eyes and facts. Go away. Disney made three hundred billion in Dumptopia and outer upper Trollland! Hardly.

I don't bother addressing that. Amazing. You are basically telling me to ignore my eyes and facts. Go away. Disney made three hundred billion in Dumptopia and outer upper Trollland! Hardly. NO American wants the trash Disney is making NOW under Chinese leadership. Null and void.

Is it because they bought ought by China. And every single thing they push is contrived trash pushed by the CCP? A black mermaid? Based on a white Norwegian white myth? Who wanted THIS? WHO?

For generations, Disney was mainly known as a maker of good movies promoting good values, that were suitable for audiences of all ages, including children.

It used to be that parents could take it as a given that if a movie was made by Disney, that it would be suitable for their children to view.

But lately, Disney has been sneaking sick, perverted shit into movies aimed at young audiences, shit to which most parents do not want their young children to be exposed.

Disney has betrayed the trust that parents used to have in them, and destroyed their reputation.

It's a more serious form of “Go woke, go broke” than what we saw with Bud Light-in-the-Loafers. I don't drink alcohol of any kind, but if I was a beer drinker, I might take offense at the faux pas of Bud Light-in-the-Loafers pandering to a mentally-fucked-up freak that thinks he's a girl, but it doesn't really affect the quality of the actual product. If I drank Bud Light-in-the-Loafers before, I might still be inclined to drink it, but probably, I'd rather shift my business to a different brand that hadn't so offended my values.

I don't have any children, but if I did, it would use to have been the case that I could assume that any Disney movie was suitable for them to watch. It's not just a matter of having offended my values in an abstract way like Bud Light-in-the-Loafers. The quality of their product itself is compromised. If I had young children, I would not want them watching content that promotes homosexuality, transsexuality, or other fucked-up sexual perversions. That just is not suitable content for children, period. What Disney has done is to render its products unsuitable for their traditional market, their tradition audience. For Bud Light-in-the-Loafers to commit a faux pas on that scale, they'd have to put something poisonous in their beer, that's not supposed to be there, rendering it unfit for and harmful those that otherwise would drink it.

I think old Walt would be delighted with 12 Disney Theme Parks, movies for adults as well as kids, and a net worth of 200 billion.

That assumes that he'd care only about financial success, and not about morals or ethics; and also ignores that his company could be doing much better financially if it hadn't so profoundly betrayed and alienated what was once its core market.

Disney will never be able to make up in faggots, trannies, chikdfuckers, and other related sorts of depraved sexual degenerates; what it has driven away in decent families with children.

That assumes that he'd care only about financial success, and not about morals or ethics; and also ignores that his company could be doing much better financially if it hadn't so profoundly betrayed and alienated what was once its core market.

Disney will never be able to make up in faggots, trannies, chikdfuckers, and other related sorts of depraved sexual degenerates; what it has driven away in decent families with children.
Disney like most studios gives their audience what they want as demonstrated by sales. If audiences will pay to watch dog turds drying in the sun you can bet their are studios that will give it to them.

Whatever Disney is doing is working with. Last years Disney revenues was 90 billion dollars which is more than the GDP of some state.

BTW Financial success is the only thing Disney or any of the major care about.

Is it because they bought ought by China. And every single thing they push is contrived trash pushed by the CCP? A black mermaid? Based on a white Norwegian white myth? Who wanted THIS? WHO?

The CCP wants a black Mermaid?

(Actually, anti-Black bias is worse in China than it is here.)

I'm not sure why Disney is doing half of what they are doing, other than trying to squeeze more money out of established IPs rather than creating new ones.

I think the problem at Disney is that they just don't know how to do things economically.

Let's take Indiana Jones, for instance.

The first IJ movie, Raiders of the Last Ark, was made on a budget of $20 million dollars. (70 million in today's money) and made 389 million (1.379 billion in today's money). Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, despite not being as well loved, cost $185 million (270MM in today's money) and made 790 million (1.154 Billion in today's money)

The Dial of Destiny cost about $300 million and only raked in $384 million worldwide.

Part of the reason why it cost so much. Well, the first version didn't score well among test audiences, so they went back and did massive reshoots. They spend a lot of money on "de-aging" CGI to make Harrison Ford not look like a confused old man in some scenes. but another part of the problem is that while back in 1981, a movie could stay in the theaters for months if it was popular, a movie today has to make all of its money in the first weekend.

Of course, with most of these properties, it's not so much about how much you make at the box office as how much you make in related merchandising. When I went to Disney during my Honeymoon, they had several Star Wars-themed sections, along with an Indiana Jones stunt show.

I suspect that most of Hollywood is going to eventually start learning to live on tighter budgets.

Walt Disney was not a moral guy, Bob. He was kind of a ruthless bastard who cheated his animators and creatives at every opportunity.

They have? Even their "failures" make money in the nine-figure range.

For generations, Disney was mainly known as a maker of good movies promoting good values, that were suitable for audiences of all ages, including children.
Really, Bob

It used to be that parents could take it as a given that if a movie was made by Disney, that it would be suitable for their children to view.

Unless it was racist garbage like Song of the South.

But lately, Disney has been sneaking sick, perverted shit into movies aimed at young audiences, shit to which most parents do not want their young children to be exposed.

Disney has betrayed the trust that parents used to have in them, and destroyed their reputation.

Can you give us an example?

Really, Bob

Can you give us an example?

If you think that then we have learned nothing because the woke era is just as nasty as the old era you do not like.

You've never seen Song of the South. Your characterism of it as racist is based on pure hatred and ignorance.

If there is anything in that movie that can truly be characterized as racist, it is the way that the white grownups are depicted as behaving in a foolish and selfish manner, to the detriment of the children involved, while the black grownups, and one in particular, are depicted as much wiser and more ethical, who help the affected children, and ultimately bring the white grownups to their senses..

You've never seen Song of the South. Your characterism of it as racist is based on pure hatred and ignorance.

If there is anything in that movie that can truly be characterized as racist, it is the way that the white grownups are depicted as behaving in a foolish and selfish manner, to the detriment of the children involved, while the black grownups, and one in particular, are depicted as much wiser and more ethical, who help the affected children, and ultimately bring the white grownups to their senses..

I will admit, I haven't seen the entire movie as an adult. I do believe it was still available in the 1960's when I was a child, so I know kids of my generation sand "Zippity-do-da". It was re-released in 1972, so I may have seen it then.

The clips I've seen of it, though, are bad enough.

Here's where black people and white people who don't belong to racist cults have an issue with it... It portrayed the social order of the antebellum South as benign. It's the same objection people had to Gone with the Wind.

Forum List

Back