Dishonesty about HIV/AIDS isn't the Answer in the First World...

I know that AIDS is significantly more prevalent in the gay community ... it isn't a secret. It's your solution that I find ignorant.

What is my Solution?...

:)

peace...

Really?

It's really Simple for the First World...

Eliminating almost ALL of the New HIV Cases could be Done if People Stopped Engaging in the Practice that Continues to Infect and Kill Hundreds of Thousands of People in this Country after 30 Years

First of all, I typoed on the Version I Put here... Check my Site. It should have Read:

if People Stopped Engaging in the Practices that Continue

Having said that, IV Drug Use, Anal Sex and Group Sex are Inherently Dangerous and are Spreading this Disease.

Instead of Embracing and Excusing these Choices that are Literally Killing Hundreds of Thousands in this Country, maybe we could be Honest about how Dangerous they are.

No Doctor would Suggest that ANY Anal Sex is Safe, with your Spouse, with a Condom, with anything.

There is a Reason it Spreads so Easily Amongst Homosexual Men, and it's NOT a Lack of Knowledge or Access to Condoms.

It's Inherently Unsafe, as are IV Drugs and Orgies.

A Public Policy that Warned about the Obvious Dangers of ALL of these Practices would work Better than Calling ANYONE who Dares to Observe the Obvious "Ignorant" or "Homophobic".

peace...

What is my Solution?...

peace...

Really?

Eliminating almost ALL of the New HIV Cases could be Done if People Stopped Engaging in the Practice that Continues to Infect and Kill Hundreds of Thousands of People in this Country after 30 Years

First of all, I typoed on the Version I Put here... Check my Site. It should have Read:

Having said that, IV Drug Use, Anal Sex and Group Sex are Inherently Dangerous and are Spreading this Disease.

Instead of Embracing and Excusing these Choices that are Literally Killing Hundreds of Thousands in this Country, maybe we could be Honest about how Dangerous they are.

No Doctor would Suggest that ANY Anal Sex is Safe, with your Spouse, with a Condom, with anything.

There is a Reason it Spreads so Easily Amongst Homosexual Men, and it's NOT a Lack of Knowledge or Access to Condoms.

A Public Policy that Warned about the Obvious Dangers of ALL of these Practices would work Better than Calling ANYONE who Dares to Observe the Obvious "Ignorant" or "Homophobic".

peace...

If you want public policy that warns that anal sex is more dangerous I'm all for it. It is a medical fact and I think things like warning labels on condoms and PSAs about the dangers are the right thing to do. It's the whole "eliminate" anal sex idea of yours that I find more than a little shady to say the least.

A simple clarification of tha malcontent's point with all of this:

If queers would quit butt-fucking each other, there'd be a lot less HIV going around.

It's pretty hard to argue with that academically, no? But from a pragmatic view it's analogous to saying that if nobody commited violent criminal acts, there'd be no violent crime.

peace...

If you want public policy that warns that anal sex is more dangerous I'm all for it. It is a medical fact and I think things like warning labels on condoms and PSAs about the dangers are the right thing to do. It's the whole "eliminate" anal sex idea of yours that I find more than a little shady to say the least.

I'm Asking that People Consider the Approach of Viewing it as Bad, which it is, as Opposed to Embracing it and Excusing it as Hundreds of Thousands continue to get Infected and Die...

It's been 30 Years... Just about the Same Rate of Anal Related AIDS is Happening...

And the New "Heterosexual" Cases are almost ALL Related to someone Engaging in Anal Sex...

The Rest are Basically IV Drug Users, which is Clearly Wrong.

peace...

A simple clarification of tha malcontent's point with all of this:

If queers would quit butt-fucking each other, there'd be a lot less HIV going around.

It's pretty hard to argue with that academically, no? But from a pragmatic view it's analogous to saying that if nobody commited violent criminal acts, there'd be no violent crime.

Popular Culture and Politicians aren't Embracing Violent Acts...

Aside from Abortion.

THAT is the Distinction.

peace...

The solution to the AIDS/STD epidemic in the homosexual community?

GayMarriage.jpg

Lifelong monogamy, ie marriage.

Things you Might Need to Know about HIV/AIDS, According to those who don't want the Focus to be on how it is Primarily Spread in the First World:

1. Gender prevalence

Just over 75 percent of adults and adolescents living with AIDS are men.

2. Race prevalence

The three leading groups most impacted by the infection are black/African American at 44.1 percent, white at 35.1 percent, and Hispanic/Latino at 19.1 percent.

3. How are we infected?

More than two-thirds of infections in the U.S. occur via male-to-male sexual contact. Heterosexual contact accounted for 83 percent of diagnoses among women. Injection drug use was the culprit in 10 percent of male and 16 percent of female diagnoses in 2007. HIV was diagnosed in 159 children in 2007, all but 20 who became infected by mother-to-child transmission.

Top 8 Things to Know About AIDS/HIV in America- Second Opinions - MSN Health & Fitness

There are 5 More things about HIV/AIDS @ that Link...

I Find it Interesting that after almost 30 Years the Dominate Category for HIV/AIDS continues to be Homosexual Males at over 66% of ALL Cases, yet they are only 2 to 3% of the Population and Knowing these Facts, this Article Trys to make HIV/AIDS about Gender and NOT about Sexual and other CHOICES, which it Clearly IS in the US.

But I Love this Misleading TRIPE the Most:

"Heterosexual contact accounted for 83 percent of diagnoses among women."

Check the CDC for the Breakdown on that 83%... It is Risky Sexual Behavior Including and Primarily with Men who have Sex with other Men.

This Type of Dishonesty about this Disease hasn't Changed ANYTHING for the Homosexual Community.

Here's the Death Totals for the US by Category:

Table 8* | Cases of HIV Infection and AIDS in the United States and Dependent Areas, 2007| Reports | Statistics and Surveillance | Topics | CDC HIV/AIDS

Transmission category
Male adult or adolescent
Male-to-male sexual contact 274,184
Injection drug use 112,068
Male-to-male sexual contact and injection drug use 42,551
High-risk heterosexual contact 25,860
Other 8,728

Female adult or adolescent
Injection drug use 46,624
High-risk heterosexual contact 43,432
Other 3,928

And here is the Increase by year from 2004 to 2007 of People Living with HIV/AIDS:

Table 9 | Cases of HIV Infection and AIDS in the United States and Dependent Areas, 2007| Reports | Statistics and Surveillance | Topics | CDC HIV/AIDS

Transmission category
Male adult or adolescent
Male-to-male sexual contact 208,401 221,945 236,309 253,804
Injection drug use 62,422 62,743 63,281 64,335
Male-to-male sexual contact and injection drug use 26,984 27,346 27,649 28,081
High-risk heterosexual contactc 40,546 43,010 45,474 48,515
Other 3,071 3,129 3,231 3,322

Female adult or adolescent
Injection drug use 36,977 37,313 37,725 38,266
High-risk heterosexual contactc 88,092 93,706 99,440 106,139
Other 1,993 2,082 2,155 2,287

Even almost 30 Years AFTER the Discovery via some Homosexual Men on the East Coast, that Community continues to Dominate the Stats in a Disturbing way...

They are only 2-3% of the Population.

Teaching "Safe Sex" isn't Stopping the Homosexual Community's Continued New HIV Cases, which as always Dwarfs the Heterosexual Populations.

As you may have Noticed, I put in Bold type a Qualifier that the CDC ALWAYS Uses when Describing these Groups...

"High Risk" for Heterosexual Transmission.

In the Female Category this Primarily a Women who is Sleeping with an either Outed or Closed Bisexual Male who is Actively Engaging in Homosexual Sex.

Eliminating almost ALL of the New HIV Cases could be Done if People Stopped Engaging in the Practices that Continue to Infect and Kill Hundreds of Thousands of People in this Country after 30 Years.

peace...

THAT'S A RELIEF!!!

Now we can let all the heterosexual women and heterosexual men out there to rest assured...because they are not gay men, they have nothing to worry about.

Eliminating almost ALL of the New HIV Cases could be Done if People Stopped Engaging in the Practice that Continues to Infect and Kill Hundreds of Thousands of People in this Country after 30 Years.

And if people stopped engaging in heterosexual sex and IV drug use the rest of the new HIV cases would be eliminated too.

What an ignorant post.

Nope... It's something like a 1 in 10 Rate for Homosexuals and a 1 in 3,000 Rate for Heterosexuals.

It is VERY Unlikely that you will get HIV from Heterosexual Sex on Average...

While if you are in San Francisco having Homosexual Sex you have about a 1 in 4 Chance if you are not Using "Protection"...

As if.

There are Cities that have Close to a 50% Infection Rate in the Homosexual Community According to the CDC's Surveys.

And you can do the Research, A15... It's Homosexuals on the "Down Low" and IV Drug Users that are Keeping it Alive in the Hetero Community...

As MOST of the Victims who happen to be Black and Latino Females who have been Victimized by the Homophobia in those Communities that has Homosexual Men Keeping Women for Status because if they don't, those Communities will NOT Accept them.

peace...
Notice how the numbers are always higher among men,, not matter homosexual or heterosexuals. So maybe men should stop having multiple sex partners or learn to like condoms. It also doesn't take a genius to figure out why gay men have a better chance of getting HIV/AIDS, and it is the same reason why heterosexual men have a better chance of getting HIV than heterosexaul females.
You sleep with more partners your risk goes up.

We could treat HIV like we once did Leprosy. Create isolated compounds and send the afflicted there. HIV is more infectious than Leprosy. HIV is deadlier than Leprosy. Most people with HIV got it through unsafe practices.
So why do they get treated better than Lepers?

Right, because we're PC and would rather permit infected people infect more people than isolate the disease.

So group sex doesn't increase the infection risk? Are you from another planet?

Did I say that?... Nope.

Did you Ignore the CDC's Definition for their Use of "High Risk" for a Reason?...

peace...

I didn't ignore the CDC definition. You claimed that it referred to drug users and bisexuals. It does refer to them indirectly, but as a subset of the whole, not as the entire population.

We could treat HIV like we once did Leprosy. Create isolated compounds and send the afflicted there. HIV is more infectious than Leprosy. HIV is deadlier than Leprosy. Most people with HIV got it through unsafe practices.
So why do they get treated better than Lepers?

Right, because we're PC and would rather permit infected people infect more people than isolate the disease.

HIV is deadlier than leprosy, but it's not even close to being as infectious. Lepers weren't sent away as a punishment. They were sent away to stop the spread of the disease.

So group sex doesn't increase the infection risk? Are you from another planet?

Did I say that?... Nope.

Did you Ignore the CDC's Definition for their Use of "High Risk" for a Reason?...

peace...

I didn't ignore the CDC definition. You claimed that it referred to drug users and bisexuals. It does refer to them indirectly, but as a subset of the whole, not as the entire population.

Having a Discussion with you is Tedious... I just Hope you aren't being a Douche Deliberately.

I was CLEAR with what I said, each time.

peace...

HIV is more infectious than Leprosy.
No, no it is not. You can contract leprosy from merely shaking hands with the infected, which is why they were isolated from society.
Leprosy is not terribly infectious. It was most commonly spread by long term contact with an infected person. More, only ~5% of the population was ever even susceptible to leprosy.

People were isolated because of fear of contagion.
Learn the facts, check with CDC or WHO pages.

If you are afraid of catching HIV, perhaps you should consider supporting isolation for those infected. They are far more infectious than lepers.

No, no it is not. You can contract leprosy from merely shaking hands with the infected, which is why they were isolated from society.
Leprosy is not terribly infectious. It was most commonly spread by long term contact with an infected person. More, only ~5% of the population was ever even susceptible to leprosy.

People were isolated because of fear of contagion.
Learn the facts, check with CDC or WHO pages.

If you are afraid of catching HIV, perhaps you should consider supporting isolation for those infected. They are far more infectious than lepers.

You could stand around someone with HIV/AIDS for 10,000 years, and if you don't exchange fluids with them, you'll be fine.

If you are the bottom, there is a 0.8% chance you will contract HIV from an HIV+ partner during unprotected anal sex.

If you are the top, there is a 0.06% chance of contracting HIV from an HIV+ partner during unprotected anal sex.

This probability is reduced to near-zero when condoms are used, as it is when anal sex is avoided. By comparison, Leprosy is VERY contagious.

So why is HIV still a problem? For two reasons:

1. Many people avoid condom use.

2. Humans have a lot of sex.

LAMBDA Volume 28 Issue 3: HIV Panic, Part II - Sexual Transmission and Public Health

Heterosexual contact accounted for 83 percent of diagnoses among women.

:lol: Someone should get hit with the obvious stick for that. I'd be willing to bet that "homosexual contact" among women accounts for close to 0% of HIV cases among women.

I Find it Interesting that after almost 30 Years the Dominate Category for HIV/AIDS continues to be Homosexual Males at over 66% of ALL Cases, yet they are only 2 to 3% of the Population and Knowing these Facts, this Article Trys to make HIV/AIDS about Gender and NOT about Sexual and other CHOICES, which it Clearly IS in the US.

It's not magic. If you think about sexual activity that is going to yield the highest incidence of body fluid contact, it's pretty obvious to see why unprotected anal sex is the riskiest sexual behavior as far as contracting HIV (or any other bloodborne disase) goes.

So what?

Eliminating almost ALL of the New HIV Cases could be Done if People Stopped Engaging in the Practices that Continue to Infect and Kill Hundreds of Thousands of People in this Country after 30 Years.

Oh, this is where this rant was going. We need to tell homosexuals to stop being gay.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..

I wonder what the incidence of HIV is among the lesbian community?

I'll bet it's lower than the heterosexual community!

No I'll apply Mal logic:

"Everyone become a lesbian!"

Forum List

Back