Dishonesty about HIV/AIDS isn't the Answer in the First World...

No, no it is not. You can contract leprosy from merely shaking hands with the infected, which is why they were isolated from society.
Leprosy is not terribly infectious. It was most commonly spread by long term contact with an infected person. More, only ~5% of the population was ever even susceptible to leprosy.
If you are the bottom, there is a 0.8% chance you will contract HIV from an HIV+ partner during unprotected anal sex.

If you are the top, there is a 0.06% chance of contracting HIV from an HIV+ partner during unprotected anal sex.

This probability is reduced to near-zero when condoms are used, as it is when anal sex is avoided. By comparison, Leprosy is VERY contagious.

So why is HIV still a problem? For two reasons:

1. Many people avoid condom use.

2. Humans have a lot of sex.

LAMBDA Volume 28 Issue 3: HIV Panic, Part II - Sexual Transmission and Public Health

In the Areas that the CDC has Surveyed a Near 50% HIV Infection Rate Amongst Homosexual Men, they must be having a LOT of Unprotected Anal Sex to Match your Data from LAMBDA....

:)

peace...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..

I wonder what the incidence of HIV is among the lesbian community?

I'll bet it's lower than the heterosexual community!

No I'll apply Mal logic:

"Everyone become a lesbian!"

Cute, but it doesn't Deal with the 30 Year Reality that IS.

peace...

Neither does your "solution". (BTW, since I know you and your MO, don't come back and say "I haven't offered a solution". We are all smart enough to figure out what your angle is.)

Risky sexual behavior is what spreads HIV. Period. That is unprotected sex. The order of risk goes anal>vaginal>oral.

It's not a great mystery to figure out why that is when you consider the viral load is highest in blood, and then semen, and virtually nil saliva.

Telling people that HIV is a disease of "gay men" is dishonest and dangerous. That was part of the idiotic thinking in the 80's that allowed HIV to become such a problem. Again read "My Own Country" if you want more insight.

Other than starting a distortion campaign, why not just stick with the talking point that has managed to lower the over all disease incidence?

If you wear a condom, regardless of your sexual practices, you drastically reduce your odds of getting HIV, or HCV, or HBV, or any of the other blood borne sexually transmitted viruses that no one ever mentions.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..

I wonder what the incidence of HIV is among the lesbian community?

I'll bet it's lower than the heterosexual community!

No I'll apply Mal logic:

"Everyone become a lesbian!"

peace...

Neither does your "solution". (BTW, since I know you and your MO, don't come back and say "I haven't offered a solution". We are all smart enough to figure out what your angle is.)

Risky sexual behavior is what spreads HIV. Period. That is unprotected sex. The order of risk goes anal>vaginal>oral.

It's not a great mystery to figure out why that is when you consider the viral load is highest in blood, and then semen, and virtually nil saliva.

Telling people that HIV is a disease of "gay men" is dishonest and dangerous. That was part of the idiotic thinking in the 80's that allowed HIV to become such a problem. Again read "My Own Country" if you want more insight.

Other than starting a distortion campaign, why not just stick with the talking point that has managed to lower the over all disease incidence?

If you wear a condom, regardless of your sexual practices, you drastically reduce your odds of getting HIV, or HCV, or HBV, or any of the other blood borne sexually transmitted viruses that no one ever mentions.

First of all, Fuck you and your Insinuation... Back your Yap or just Debate the Subject at hand, Asshole.

Having said that, Changing the Tone in this Country from "It's a Gay Disease" to it's not just a Gay Disease hasn't Changed a Fucking thing in the Homosexual Community as far as HIV Rates or STD Rates... As a Matter of Fact they are on the Increase again, and almost ALL of the "Hetero" Cases are Qualified as "High Risk" because of Bisexual Men and IV Drug Users...

And Condoms have been around and Available since BEFORE AIDS, yet the Homosexual Men, who if they are a "Minority" are the one of the Wealthiest and Most Educated "Groups" in the Country, continue to see Increased Infection Rates.

Is because the Masses aren't Embracing their Sexual Choice enough?...

peace...

First of all, Fuck you and your Insinuation... Back your Yap or just Debate the Subject at hand, Asshole.

There isn't a subject. You've just thrown a bunch of stats out and made insinuations, and then (in typical fashion) insisted that is not your point when called on it.

So fuck you, too.

It's not like I haven't been watching you pull this dishonest shit for years now..

Having said that, Changing the Tone in this Country from "It's a Gay Disease" to it's not just a Gay Disease hasn't Changed a Fucking thing in the Homosexual Community as far as HIV Rates or STD Rates... As a Matter of Fact they are on the Increase again, and almost ALL of the "Hetero" Cases are Qualified as "High Risk" because of Bisexual Men and IV Drug Users...

So what is your proposed solution, Mal? Here is your opportunity to lay it all out for us.

And Condoms have been around and Available since BEFORE AIDS, yet the Homosexual Men, who if they are a "Minority" are the one of the Wealthiest and Most Educated "Groups" in the Country, continue to see Increased Infection Rates.

Condoms are useless if you don't use them.

Is because the Masses aren't Embracing their Sexual Choice enough?....

Lesbians embrace their sexual choice and have little, if any, incidence of HIV.

Like I said, I have a modest proposal to stop HIV: we can all become lesbians.

There isn't a subject. You've just thrown a bunch of stats out and made insinuations, and then (in typical fashion) insisted that is not your point when called on it.

So fuck you, too.

It's not like I haven't been watching you pull this dishonest shit for years now..

So what is your proposed solution, Mal? Here is your opportunity to lay it all out for us.

Again, Quote me, or Shut the Fuck up about things you Perceive outside of this Venue, GTH... You are Baiting about the other Site, and this Site doesn't like it.

Why are Educated and Relatively Wealthy Homosexual Men continuing to Spread AIDS at the Highest Rate of any Group after 30 Years then?... Condoms are a Known "Solution"... So are they Deliberately Chancing AIDS in Cities like San Fran where HIV Infection for them is 1 in 4?

Lesbians Embracement of anything is Irrelevant... If they were doing something that was Infecting and Killing Hundreds of Thousands of them, then they would be a Concern.

I don't Care what ANYONE does unless they Push it on Society and if they Cost Society an Inordinate amount of Money because of their Choices.

Eventually they End up on the State Dime in a Hospice...

Because of an Individual Choice in Defiance of the Obvious Risk of Death.

First of all, If I were King, I would Criminalize Engaging in Sex if you are HIV Infected... I would Probably Mandate Testing, and then Enforce the First Suggestion after the Fact.

It's UnFUCKINGacceptable that Homosexual Men continue to Spread this Disease in the Numbers they are 30 Years AFTER Knowing how NOT to...

peace...

From your own link:
Black Women's Burden: An Epidemic of HIV - MSN Health & Fitness - AIDS/HIV

The AIDS virus weighs heavily on African-American females, in addition to gay men.

Janice was 27 years old and eight weeks pregnant with her son when she was diagnosed with HIV in 1991. The Queens, N.Y., resident believes that the father of her older child—a daughter, now 24—gave her the infection. She's far from alone in acquiring the virus from a man she thought she could trust. "Some people have the attitude that it can't happen to them," says Janice, who asked that her real name not be used. "If you're not practicing safe sex, you're at risk, because you don't know if your partner is monogamous or not."

With her diagnosis, Janice joined the ranks of thousands of black women in the United States who are living with HIV/AIDS. Those ranks have swelled in the years since her son's birth, and black women continue to be struck particularly hard by the virus, new research shows. As of 2005, that group accounted for 64 percent of the more than 126,000 women who were living with HIV/AIDS in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The rate in 2006 of new infections in black women, moreover, was nearly 15 times that in white women—55.7 infections versus 3.8 infections per 100,000 women, respectively—according to the latest data, which appear in the September 12 issue of the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.

Perhaps people should simply stop being female and black?

peace...

peace...

oh, poor baby. :rofl:

do you really think you're fooling anyone but yourself with your passive/aggressive sackless bullshit?

:rofl:

From your own link:

The AIDS virus weighs heavily on African-American females, in addition to gay men.

Janice was 27 years old and eight weeks pregnant with her son when she was diagnosed with HIV in 1991. The Queens, N.Y., resident believes that the father of her older child—a daughter, now 24—gave her the infection. She's far from alone in acquiring the virus from a man she thought she could trust. "Some people have the attitude that it can't happen to them," says Janice, who asked that her real name not be used. "If you're not practicing safe sex, you're at risk, because you don't know if your partner is monogamous or not."

With her diagnosis, Janice joined the ranks of thousands of black women in the United States who are living with HIV/AIDS. Those ranks have swelled in the years since her son's birth, and black women continue to be struck particularly hard by the virus, new research shows. As of 2005, that group accounted for 64 percent of the more than 126,000 women who were living with HIV/AIDS in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The rate in 2006 of new infections in black women, moreover, was nearly 15 times that in white women—55.7 infections versus 3.8 infections per 100,000 women, respectively—according to the latest data, which appear in the September 12 issue of the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.

that was my choice. so far, so good.

So fuck you, too.

Again, Quote me, or Shut the Fuck up about things you Perceive outside of this Venue, GTH... You are Baiting about the other Site, and this Site doesn't like it.

Why are Educated and Relatively Wealthy Homosexual Men continuing to Spread AIDS at the Highest Rate of any Group after 30 Years then?... Condoms are a Known "Solution"... So are they Deliberately Chancing AIDS in Cities like San Fran where HIV Infection for them is 1 in 4?

Lesbians Embracement of anything is Irrelevant... If they were doing something that was Infecting and Killing Hundreds of Thousands of them, then they would be a Concern.

I don't Care what ANYONE does unless they Push it on Society and if they Cost Society an Inordinate amount of Money because of their Choices.

First of all, If I were King, I would Criminalize Engaging in Sex if you are HIV Infected... I would Probably Mandate Testing, and then Enforce the First Suggestion after the Fact.

It's UnFUCKINGacceptable that Homosexual Men continue to Spread this Disease in the Numbers they are 30 Years AFTER Knowing how NOT to...

peace...

he's describing the behavior you've displayed since we were blessed with your presence.

man up, jettboi, or go home.

Please, just because we've posted along side each other at other places doesn't equate to "baiting". I don't play moderator games, and you know that. So stop being such a ninny.

All which is excessive, costly, and un-necessary when compared to the success of simple education and by making condoms available.

As to why people knowingly engage in risky behavior? Your guess is as good as mine. My only comment on that is that it's hardly limited to sex.

It's not just homosexual men that spread the disease. Even if they are in a high percentage bracket, why single them out? Why not simply say "it's unacceptable that people continue to spread this disease!".

It is a crime to knowingly spread the disease.

Maybe we should start putting the chemical castration drug they give to pedophiles into the water supply in San Francisco, Greenwich Village and Provincetown. That would help, no?

From your own link:

It has NOTHING to do with that Woman's Skin Color... Her "Man" was Probably on the "Down Low" as MANY are in the Black and Hispanic Communities because of the True Homophobia that Exists there...

Black Women, the Down Low, and HIV/AIDS: The Down Low - When the “Other Woman” is Another Man

Inform yourself.

Read Deeper into the CDC's Data and you will see the same thing is Happening in the Hispanic Communities.

peace...

All which is excessive, costly, and un-necessary when compared to the success of simple education and by making condoms available.

Homosexual Men are FAR from Ignorant of Condoms, nor are they Unavailable...

30 Years Later they are still Dominating New HIV Cases and Linked to the Majority of "Heterosexual" Cases in Women... Or would that be "Bisexual Men"?...

See my "Down Low" Link for More on that.

peace...

So fuck you, too.

peace...

he's describing the behavior you've displayed since we were blessed with your presence.

man up, jettboi, or go home.

Fuck Off del... You have yet to Debate with me since I've been here.

You are a Troll and you've Walked away from More than one Difficult Retort to your Trolling by me...

peace...

peace...

do you really think you're fooling anyone but yourself with your passive/aggressive sackless bullshit?

And again, Blow me... Troll.

peace...

From your own link:

that was my choice. so far, so good.

No, no, no. I am telling you guys: turning lesbian is the way to go.

Fact Sheet: HIV/AIDS among Women Who Have Sex With Women | Factsheets | CDC HIV/AIDS

To date, there are no confirmed cases of female-to-female sexual transmission of HIV in the United States database.

BTW, I'd like some props for making a fabulous reductio ad absurdum arguement.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

peace...

And again, Blow me... Troll.

peace...

You probably don't want to engage in homosexual activity after your HIV paranoia rant.

Forum List

Back