Discuss the State of the Union Address here?

Stop a tax hike on 160 million Americans while the economy is still fragile. Agree now to pass payroll tax cuts without delay.

Deficit: agreed to cut 2 trillion already. Poised now to shelter the wealthiest Americans, stop this. (they showed Warren Buffett's secretary)

Everyone needs to pay their fair share like Obama and lots of members of congress. Tax reform should follow the Buffett rule. Stop subsidizing millionaires. No taxes should go up on anyone making less than $250,000. It's common sense. We don't envy the rich, not class warefare. It is not right, Americans know this.

Differing views, Americans know nothing will get done in Washington. It is broken. Send him a bill that bans insider trading, he will sign it tomorrow. Limit any official from owning stock in industries they impact.

Neither party has been blameless, both parties should work together.

Lower the temperature in Washington, the government should only do for people what they can't do for themselves and not more.

When they act together there is nothing the US can't achieve. We've learned lessons from our operations overseas. Troops coming home and we will form an enduring partnership with Afghanistan. Dictators and terrorists have been dealt with, we have a huge stake in the region but we will stand against oppression.

America is back, anyone who says we are in decline doesn't know what they are talking about. Looks like people have tears in their eyes when he talks about the military. Leon Penetta, Boehner, Biden. Increase VA funding, tax credits to companies who hire Vets.

Leave noone behind. Repubs and Democrates don't matter, all that matters is the mission. The mission succeeds when everyone does their job. They trusted each other. They knew that someone behind them was watching their back.

This nation is greater because we work together, no challenge too great, nothing too hard, the state of our union will always be strong. Not exactly but a quote from Ronald Reagan.

Excellent.

he and the demoncraps will be right back out tomorrow blaming and demonizing the Republicans.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Judging from his demeanor during the 'kiss and shake' ritual as he made his way out, he didn't seem too pleased with his own performance.

Obama kicked ass.

The angry old white men's party is going to lose.

That's the truth. Did you get a load of those pickle puss faces on Bonehead and McConnell??? They know it's coming. They know the GOP has nothing.

see?? we knew he was lying when he says demoncraps want to work with Republicans..

R response, gloom and doom. Trickle down government, big and bossy. Young people in trouble on the job front. Economic stagnation.

2012 true opportunity, problems are mathematical. Economy needs jobs. Pipeline will grow jobs in the 10s of thousands..

Dramatically simpler tax system focused on the wealthy trickling down. Change SS and Medicare. Everyone should contribute, everyone gets tax hikes. President not fair to Rs.

Bring Americans together except Obama.

Daniels is loyal opposition. Join them, become their allies, their friends.

Last edited:
Judging from his demeanor during the 'kiss and shake' ritual as he made his way out, he didn't seem too pleased with his own performance.

Obama kicked ass.

The angry old white men's party is going to lose.

That's the truth. Did you get a load of those pickle puss faces on Bonehead and McConnell??? They know it's coming. They know the GOP has nothing.

Forgive me if this has already been posted.

Familiar Rhetoric, Failed Record - YouTube

Ya know, every time he says that I ask myself.. Where is all that money we pay in gasoline tax going? He giving that to solyndra too?

He knock it out of the park and Radical Right Wing Extremist responded with lies.

You call his campaign speech knocking it out of the park??

Mitch Daniels knocked it out of the park with his rebuttal. He actually talked about whats wrong and the fact that we need to fix it. Hell. Barry doesn't even seem to think that there is a problem.

God. Wish that guy would run for POTUS.

Last edited:
yawn. A lot of flowery BS not really saying much. No different from any other SOTU address. He delivered it well though he droned on and on. But, really i don't know what was said other than a lot of America is great or on the path to greatness or whatever, kind of fist bumps. SOTU addresses don't mean much to me and never have. What really matters is what they do to propel the country one way or the other in terms of actual policy and legislation versus the boring speeches.

Why do you suppose he is not?

They tried to get him into the race earlier and he said that after discussing it with his family they decided to pass.

Guess he doesn't want his family exposed to the meat grinder that is a run for POTUS.

To bad. Daniels has done a great job pulling Indiana out of the fiscal hole it was in. They are now running surpluses.

yawn. A lot of flowery BS not really saying much. No different from any other SOTU address. He delivered it well though he droned on and on. But, really i don't know what was said other than a lot of America is great or on the path to greatness or whatever, kind of fist bumps. SOTU addresses don't mean much to me and never have. What really matters is what they do to propel the country one way or the other in terms of actual policy and legislation versus the boring speeches.

He said he was gonna tax the piss outta Apple. :lol:

It was nothing but a campaign speech. Obama hasn't ceased campaigning since he was immacculated.

Obama and the Democrats have to overcome the general public's (very appropriate) distrust of government. Until and unless they do that, his activist approach is not going to sell.

But here's the thing: We're in the middle of the freakin' disaster, and the Republicans are (rightly or wrongly) looked at as the party that defends the businesses and system that got us here in the first place. It's not as if they're highly credible right now. And despite the GOP's claims, people know that Obama inherited a mess of historic proportions that NEVER had a chance of going away soon.

I've noticed many Democrats defending and promoting the value of government, and that's the right strategy for them. And unfortunately for the GOP, it appears that their nominee is going to be badly flawed and a poor messenger for their side.

Can the Dems make the sale about the value of government? That's your question for November.

He basically illustrated what he is and what the Republican candidates are not; level headed and able to articulate his position. It wasn't a work of art in my opinion but it framed the national debate very well. Engaged and concerned vs. the GOP who are more and more the party of the monied interests.

Actually, I think the Republicans can articulate his position well. Hence why some are polling better than he is.

Depends upon which poll you read and also, the contest hasn't started yet. Its easy to look a lot better when your opponent has yet to throw punches.

I'd agree with you about Gingrich.... but Romney is very level headed and articulate. One of the reasons why I'd support him. He's rational.

Rational....I agree with. I do not feel that he's that articulate myself. Moreso than Mr. Gingrich though.

He can handle himself better without a teleprompter than Obama can.

Yes...so far we've seen that he enjoys firing people and that he considers almost $400K not much money. Yes...I'd love to hear how much "better" he can sound than that.

"Corporations are people my friend". Another classic.

They tried to get him into the race earlier and he said that after discussing it with his family they decided to pass.

Guess he doesn't want his family exposed to the meat grinder that is a run for POTUS.

To bad. Daniels has done a great job pulling Indiana out of the fiscal hole it was in. They are now running surpluses.

If you want to be a leader, you roll up your sleeves and do the work to get there, including understanding that you and your family will be under a microscope. Unfortunately, we have too many people now who would rather just sit on the couch and channel surf instead of having the fire in the belly to really be leaders. If he doesn't, i don't want him anyway. Stay home and live the indulgent life, whatever.
Real leaders have the fire inside to pursue leadership. The Final Four of the Repo party are worthy to be standing where they are because they did the work to get there.

He basically illustrated what he is and what the Republican candidates are not; level headed and able to articulate his position. It wasn't a work of art in my opinion but it framed the national debate very well. Engaged and concerned vs. the GOP who are more and more the party of the monied interests.

He's always been an articulate orator. How do you think he got elected in the first place?
He bullshitted his way into office.

Obama once again exposed his utter ignorance on oil and gas issues.

There is no discernible difference between the two when it comes to tax policy, yet he heaped praise on natural gas while once again berating the oil industry.

He's a crafty mothafucka. Stupid, but crafty.

If you want to use a term at "mothafucka" and then accuse someone else of stupidity, thats a stretch. LOL.

How did he berate one and not the other on tax policy?

Tell that to his bundlers in the Administration.Chuckles.

Framing.

And if the past 3 years are any indication, the frame that he built for the GOP will fit perfectly as again, the GOP goes to the mat for Bush's tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans and fights like crazy to end the middle-income's payroll tax holiday and reduce entitlements even further.

Framing.

As Jim Rockford said one time; "This frame was built for a dummy and it looks good on you."

If you want to be a leader, you roll up your sleeves and do the work to get there, including understanding that you and your family will be under a microscope. Unfortunately, we have too many people now who would rather just sit on the couch and channel surf instead of having the fire in the belly to really be leaders. If he doesn't, i don't want him anyway. Stay home and live the indulgent life, whatever.
Real leaders have the fire inside to pursue leadership. The Final Four of the Repo party are worthy to be standing where they are because they did the work to get there.

After serving in DC through both the Reagan and Bush administrations I can see why he doesn't want back in.

Too bad for America as this guy DOES know how to get it done.

Governor Daniels: About the Governor

Forum List

Back