Discrimination, Bona Fide Qualification standards, and Freedom of Association

IceMan30

Sep 24, 2016
Discrimination - Denying people jobs in (most) businesses, based on a number of protected characteristics, without regard to the applicant's qualifications.
And denying people entry into clubs that are open to the public and are not based on the characteristics of the people, such as a British American organization.

Freedom of Association - The right to say that I'm not attracted to you, and therefore I will not date you.
(because of ANY reason, at all).

Bona Fide Qualification Standards -

The Right of an Italian Restaurant to hire those that they believe are best qualified to make the most MARKETABLE Italian food and hoagies, and cheesesteaks and chicken parm sandwiches, in the area of the business location.

The Right of a Greek Restaurant to hire only those that they believe are most qualified to make the most MARKETABLE Greek food.

The Right of a "Breastaurant" such as hooters, and Tilted Kilt and others... to hire those with the most MARKETABLE looks... IN the area of the Business.
Those that you would want to see dressed like that for the for the purpose of entertainment to the customers.

Those are examples of "Bona Fide Qualification" which allows only the level of Discrimination necessary to provide the best quality against the Competition.

For example, you can't have Down Syndrome, and/or be a fatty, or be 60 years old and want to work in Tilted Kilt...
That's ridiculous.

You can't be German and want to get hired in "The Great Wall Chinese Restaurant" as a Cook.
That's stupid too.

You can't be Russian or Hispanic, and be from the Suburbs of Kansas, and want to get a Job making Pizza and Hoagies, at a Pizza Parlor in New York.
That's stupid too.

You know what they say about assumptions - what's your point? Jobs come with qualifications and if most of us had DNA testing we would find we ain't only what we think we are. I have seen downs syndrome people in many restaurants, I have seen people who are definitely not Asian in Asian restaurants. Small business is often family or close relatives. Your examples only hold if they are enforced against a qualified person. Then there is the law.

• Banned
You know what they say about assumptions - what's your point? Jobs come with qualifications and if most of us had DNA testing we would find we ain't only what we think we are. I have seen downs syndrome people in many restaurants, I have seen people who are definitely not Asian in Asian restaurants. Small business is often family or close relatives. Your examples only hold if they are enforced against a qualified person. Then there is the law.

You have never seen somebody badly disabled, or maimed people or people with congenital problems, and overweight people and over-age EMPLOYED at a Strip club type bar restaurant known as a "Breastaurant".
No you have not...

Nor have you seen people not culturally qualified to make other types of ethnic foods selling it on the market.

As for DNA, I had it tested, and found that I was Only "what I thought I was" as have most people in the Northeastern USA where I'm from.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I even have documents from England, and France proving where my Grandparents came from.
:)

Forum List

Back