Disaster in Tel Aviv Marathon. 1 dead, dozens hospitalized

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Magen David Adom: One runner dead, 12 in serious condition after falling ill at Tel Aviv Marathon. Over 20 other runners are taken to hospital with heat related injuries.

According to Magen David Adom medics, the injured are currently unconscious and undergoing artificial respiration, a few even requiring CPR.

111_WA.jpg

1_WA.jpg

Maximum temperatures in Tel Aviv are set to reach 37C degrees. The heavy heat led organizers to postpone the full marathon heat but the shorter heats were moved forward to earlier start times.

Magen David Adom Spokesman Zachy Heller told media outlets that medical teams were treating runners who fainted as early as 8:00 am, and five runners were in serious condition with one runner in critical condition.

Source: ynet

Some will even celebrate. Take the dead IDF soldier out, over 30 people were injured, as well, 12 are in critical condition. Yes, it is a sad disaster, no matter how we look at it.

Some will even celebrate. Take the dead IDF soldier out, over 30 people were injured, as well, 12 are in critical condition. Yes, it is a sad disaster, no matter how we look at it.

my perspective is skewed by the samouni family massacre, the phosphorus burns on the little children of gaza, and the lebanese child not yet born who will step on an unexploded israeli cluster bomb while laughing and playing in a field in southern lebanon.

the runners chose to run. these children chose to remain whole and happy...and that was stolen from them. my tears are better spent on them.

You cannot separate yourself from bringing politics to a none political issue? That's sad.

" US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum"

you cannot seperate yourself from your pettiness to take the time even to read the heading.

in an apartheid state, everything is a political issue.

it is like rosa parks on a bus in montgomery.

99 degrees Fahrenheit? That's pretty high, & in low humidity? Experienced marathoners know to keep hydrated, & young athletes & perhaps soldiers in top form might be able to perform under those conditions. For anybody else, it's a losing proposition.

Holding even limited running events under those conditions seems like bad judgment. Did anybody look @ the runners as they started, to try to discourage the ones who looked to be in bad shape to begin with? Weren't there watering stations/aid stations along the way to keep an eye on runners?

You cannot separate yourself from bringing politics to a none political issue? That's sad.

" US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum"

you cannot seperate yourself from your pettiness to take the time even to read the heading.

in an apartheid state, everything is a political issue.

it is like rosa parks on a bus in montgomery.

You're a troll and you know it. Too much whisky again eh?

my perspective is skewed by the samouni family massacre, the phosphorus burns on the little children of gaza, and the lebanese child not yet born who will step on an unexploded israeli cluster bomb while laughing and playing in a field in southern lebanon.

the runners chose to run. these children chose to remain whole and happy...and that was stolen from them. my tears are better spent on them.

The samouni family were not intentionally murdered, and you know it. The IDF has no reason to kill innocent people. What good would it do them ? Innocent people die in war, specially when terrorists operate in civilian areas.

Want to talk about a massacre?
Passover massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Read the article, some of the victims were holocaust survivors ! Imagine that ! They survived the Nazis but died at the hands of other Arab Nazis.

The samouni family were not intentionally murdered, and you know it. The IDF has no reason to kill innocent people. What good would it do them ? Innocent people die in war, specially when terrorists operate in civilian areas.

Read the article, some of the victims were holocaust survivors ! Imagine that ! They survived the Nazis but died at the hands of other Arab Nazis.
Seals tears are the tears-in-the-beer kind one crys while listening to a hillbilly tear-jerkin' love song in a roadside honky tonk.

Seals tears are the tears-in-the-beer kind one crys while listening to a hillbilly tear-jerkin' love song in a roadside honky tonk.

While getting jerked off by a leprecaun

Forum List

Back