Did You Ever Notice the Asterisk on Your Social Security Statement?

ran across this. In case people didn't know

SNIP:
While engaging in the mundane task of gathering financial statements for a “secure retirement” meeting with my husband’s and my adviser, this Baby Boomer stumbled upon documented proof that our nation does not have the guts to confront one of its most serious economic problems.

The realization came when I pulled from my files a document statement innocently titled, “Your Social Security Statement.” At first glance, the statement did not appear menacing. I was told I could expect to receive a benefit of “about $2,136 a month” upon reaching age 70 — which certainly seems like good news.

But immediately I thought of a parallel of President Obama’s infamous Obamacare promise: “If you like your Social Security, you can keep your Social Security.” Then, as if on cue, I saw an asterisk with the following message: The law governing benefit amounts may change because, by 2033, the payroll taxes collected will be enough to pay only about 77 percent of scheduled benefits. My full form: I could not believe I was seeing the equivalent of what I was just thinking, but with a new twist, “If I like my Social Security, I can keep 77 percent of it.”

pic_2015block.jpg

With an asterisk, my beloved government was informing me that they will be unable to fulfill their part of a financial arrangement into which, as their statement attested, I had been making mandatory contributions starting in 1971 at age 16.

ALL of it here
Read more at: Social Security Bankruptcy -- The Government Knows It s Coming National Review Online
Hope you make it steph , my 1st wife a cousin and a few friends died around 44 years old and no one got there S.S. money they paid into the system all there lives....

The government took it all to redistribute , a ponzi scheme .
SS is set to runout in 2037.

If Hillary gets elected....your best bet is to apply immediately....because it will be bankrupt by the end of her first term.
I'm just waiting for another year and half. I'm not waiting until I'm 70. screw that

SNIP:
While engaging in the mundane task of gathering financial statements for a “secure retirement” meeting with my husband’s and my adviser, this Baby Boomer stumbled upon documented proof that our nation does not have the guts to confront one of its most serious economic problems.

The realization came when I pulled from my files a document statement innocently titled, “Your Social Security Statement.” At first glance, the statement did not appear menacing. I was told I could expect to receive a benefit of “about $2,136 a month” upon reaching age 70 — which certainly seems like good news.

But immediately I thought of a parallel of President Obama’s infamous Obamacare promise: “If you like your Social Security, you can keep your Social Security.” Then, as if on cue, I saw an asterisk with the following message: The law governing benefit amounts may change because, by 2033, the payroll taxes collected will be enough to pay only about 77 percent of scheduled benefits. My full form: I could not believe I was seeing the equivalent of what I was just thinking, but with a new twist, “If I like my Social Security, I can keep 77 percent of it.”

pic_2015block.jpg

With an asterisk, my beloved government was informing me that they will be unable to fulfill their part of a financial arrangement into which, as their statement attested, I had been making mandatory contributions starting in 1971 at age 16.

ALL of it here
Read more at: Social Security Bankruptcy -- The Government Knows It s Coming National Review Online
Hope you make it steph , my 1st wife a cousin and a few friends died around 44 years old and no one got there S.S. money they paid into the system all there lives....

If Hillary gets elected....your best bet is to apply immediately....because it will be bankrupt by the end of her first term.
I'm just waiting for another year and half. I'm not waiting until I'm 70. screw that
you remind me of Rose from the movie Titanic...

Seriously you do. :)

LOL. So, youngster, you are worried about getting your SS? Sheesh, what you need to do is vote in a 'Conservative' like Walker, and then no worries. Because he will arrange it so there is no SS. After all, the 'Conservative' branch of the GOP has been trying to do that ever since FDR.
Wow, post #2 is so full of lies its amazing that the mods don't flog him for off-sides.

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

thanks I think. I'm a five foot woman who stands on her word and don't mince or sugar coat them. grew up that way. little so had to I think... lol

I was also a bartender for many years. so because of that you can GUESS what my SS is going to be like. but, I do still have it and I want it

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

thanks I think. I'm a five foot woman who stands on her word and don't mince or sugar coat them. grew up that way. little so had to I think... lol

I was also a bartender for many years. so because of that you can GUESS what my SS is going to be like. but, I do still have it and I want it
You have one thing these kids yearn for is wisdom. That's something they can't out debate you on and they know it, so they will try to attack you on spelling and gramer while listening to some rap song.

You have one thing these kids yearn for is wisdom. That's something they can't out debate you on and they know it, so they will try to attack you on spelling and gramer while listening to some rap song.

a lot of years and been around the block a time or two...thanks dear:beer:

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

Yes they rob from it and it comes up every election, its a talking point. Time to quit our foreign aid then.

that's one solution I suppose. good one dear, but don't see that happening anytime soon

Since you suggest getting rid of foreign aid. don't know if you voted for Obama.

SNIP:
Obama Spent $7 Billion to Bring Electricity to Africa, Failed Miserably
Africa knows Obama is worse than Bush.
July 30, 2015
Daniel Greenfield

guess how that went.

When President Barack Obama made his first presidential visit to Kenya over the weekend, he visited not just his ancestral home, but one of the target countries in his $7 billion signature foreign aid initiative, Power Africa.

Launched in 2013, Power Africa aims to boost electricity access in Sub-Saharan Africa. The initiative has prioritized expanding the continent’s capacity to generate electricity, with an additional focus on small-scale renewable energy investments.

Obama + Green Energy + Third World Aid is such a surefire formula for success that nothing could possibly have gone wrong.

In recent years, hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent to expand the grid across most of the countryside, leaving the majority of Kenyans “under grid,” or within a half-mile of power grid infrastructure. The same holds in several other African countries.

Yet the electrification rate in Kenya is still only 30 percent, and in our data just 5 percent of rural households and 20 percent of private businesses within a half-mile of the infrastructure have electricity. The low connection rate holds even years after the grid is in place.

Even after the households in our study had paid in full for their electricity connections, it took seven months on average for electricity to flow for the first time. Once connected, households experience regular blackouts — sometimes lasting days or weeks — due to a shortage of maintenance staff and materials. Given these conditions, it’s really no wonder that so few Kenyans have chosen to connect to the power grid.

ALL of it here:
Obama Spent 7 Billion to Bring Electricity to Africa Failed Miserably Frontpage Mag

LOL. So, youngster, you are worried about getting your SS? Sheesh, what you need to do is vote in a 'Conservative' like Walker, and then no worries. Because he will arrange it so there is no SS. After all, the 'Conservative' branch of the GOP has been trying to do that ever since FDR.

I know that I will never see a penny from social security. Unless I finally decide "fuck it" and go full-on parasite, I will have paid into that Ponzi scheme for 40 years or more, and will get NOTHING for it.

so far so good for me. only 60 now though so who knows
10 years behind you and I want to make it to the goal line, just to piss off FDR in his grave :)

lol. I never wanted to get older. Piss and moan about it all the time. but with this SS . I'm like hurry hurry, just so I give it to this government and get what I've paid into it all these years

To bad, every republican signed Norquist pledge to bankrupt the government. They borrowed all your SS & Medicare payments for rich corporate tax cuts & wars instead of investing it or buying stock.
why didn't you name the democrat president?

Cat got your tounge?

Democrat Presidents lower spending & close tax loopholes for the Rich who exploit them. Republicans think creating deficits & borrowing from Social Security is like creating Piggy Banks Full of Money they can raid. 98% of all Republicans in Congress signed a pledge to Bankrupt Social Security. The first thing a Republican CEO does when he takes over a company is to "barrow" all the money from the workers pension fund. Clinton slashed the deficit & created a SURPLUS to repay the money that was stolen from SS trust fund. The first thing Bush did was take that money & give it to the Rich with tax cuts, loopholes & lax enforcement.

fredgraph.png

Bush did not use the surplus cut SS or payroll tax rates that workers pay. He only cut the income, dividend & corporate taxes that Rich people pay. Reagan & Bush 1 actually jacked up SS & Payroll taxes on workers. Clinton halted the ever increasing SS & Payroll tax rates on workers & enforced taxes on dividends, corporations & high incomes. Obama cut the SS & Payroll taxes on workers. Republicans in congress raised them again so they can steal more from workers SS.
Social-Security-Tax-Rates-and-Max-Earnings.png

Republicans will make sure you are taxed more for SS& bankrupt it before you retire!

Last edited:

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

And what does you monthly ssi disability statement say?

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

Currently there are 5 workers for every recipient but It is no secret that within 15yrs there will be only 2.5 for every recipient. Unless we double their SS tax that just won't work.

My friend was a Nurse & she paid in for 34 years, but died last month at age 49. She helped others all her working life & didn't get a dime from SS. I don't even know if her 49 year old husband of 25 years will get any of it either if he makes it to retirement.

so far so good for me. only 60 now though so who knows
10 years behind you and I want to make it to the goal line, just to piss off FDR in his grave :)

lol. I never wanted to get older. Piss and moan about it all the time. but with this SS . I'm like hurry hurry, just so I give it to this government and get what I've paid into it all these years

To bad, every republican signed Norquist pledge to bankrupt the government. They borrowed all your SS & Medicare payments for rich corporate tax cuts & wars instead of investing it or buying stock.

and the Democrats didn't have a hand in ANY of it. we know the drill dear:eusa_whistle:
Welfare Spending Exploded under Bush 1 & 2. Clinton Reduced Welfare Spending & Obama has slowed the increase. Don't tell me Republicans are not the big spenders.
fredgraph.png

Both of my parents never collected their SS benefits because it messed their return investments. Meaning they been paying taxes for their entire life.
Me and my wife will not be collecting our SS benefits either. That is my donations for you people.

Forum List

Back